Decrepit Birth, Hate Eternal, 3 Inches Of Blood And The Black Dahlia Murder, State Theater, Florida
The Uncreator
Jan 23 2008, 01:42 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Decrepit Birth

The show opens up with Death Metal warriors, Decrepit Birth. Ive heard quite a bit of there stuff, and own one album, but have never seen them live, and this was there first time in florida. Luckily, i got everything except dissapointment, There set, albeit short, was incredibly performed. The guitarists nailed all the notes, and all the solo's, and there riffs are very technical as to are there solo's. There singer had a beastly stage presence, and before the set started, he got on stage via walking through the crowd, and climbing the barrier (where i was). I thought that was pretty funny. The crowd responded well, many a moshpits and many crowd surfers, the show openers were excellent!

Hate Eternal

After Decrepit Birth, The stage was graced by Hate Eternal. There show was done quite well, and although i consider myself not a fan of there music, there performance was still one I thoroughly enjoyed. The only problem was there rhythm guitar was seriously drowned out by the drums, the solo's came through well, but the entire rhythm section was cut off. Eventually it got better, and the show went on, Awesome performance. The pits were responding well, and a massive circle pit formed as well, they got people banging there heads and and screaming like a demon!

3 Inches Of Blood

Well Good lord, if a show was ever so metal, it was with 3 Inches Of Blood. Sadly Jamie Hooper could not attend (i checked around and could not find a reason why), so Justin took over screams and did a great job. They opened up with Night Marauders and the crowd lost it, the entire show was a fury of headbanging metal heads and massive mosh pits. The show would continue with Cam Pipes doing a flawless vocal performance, and the rest of the band didn't miss a single note, All songs from 'Deadly Sinners'. 'Forest King', 'Destroy The Orcs', 'Wykydtron' and 'Trial Of Champions' were done perfectly. The crowd was into it, and during 'Forest King', the crowd sang the entire song! One of the best live shows ive seen smile.gif

THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER

Here is the band that made me buy the tickets. TBDM Put on the single most brutal and intense live show i have ever seen. It was not only rather violent, but it demanded the physical strength of a robot bear to endure this show! It was twice as brutal as Job For A Cowboy or even Cannibal Corpse. They open with "Everything Went Black" my favorite song from the them, and covered every song people wanted them to play. "A Vulgar Picture", "Deathmask Divine", "I'm Charming". "Miasma", "Closed Casket Requem", "Elder Misanthropy and many more. The show was performed without flaw from every single band member, John and Brian didnt miss a single note on any of the riffs or solo's, and the solo tone live was just beautiful, sounded better than the album!! Trevor, however the hell he does it, did one of the greatest vocal performances i have ever seen. Hitting those banshee highs to those demon lows, its was flawless. The stage presence of TBDM Was much like that of several T-rex's fighting to the the death. Trevor got the ENTIRE Crowd to form a massive pit, there was no "the pit is the middle", the show was the pit, not a single person escaped. There running around on stage and thrashing about was just a sight to behold, This was an incredible show, it left me sore, bruised, beaten, sweaty and filthy, and most of all.

The Happiest I Can Be smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Jan 23 2008, 01:44 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 23 2008, 01:46 PM
GMC:er
Damn you lol. Why wasn't I there. Apart from the fact I live in UK. Love Decrepit Birth and Hate Eternal and like the other two bands to a certain extent. How about some links to each of the bands on You Tube for others to witness these bands?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jan 23 2008, 02:19 PM
Sounds pritty metal smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 24 2008, 12:11 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
It was, i even got to go onstage and sing the chorus to "Everything Went Black" with Trevor!!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Jan 24 2008, 12:14 AM
Learning Rock Star
Haha Congratz man, you're so lucky!

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Jan 24 2008, 12:16 AM
Sounds awesome. I really like The Black Dahlia Murder and 3 Inches of Blood. smile.gif

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Jan 24 2008, 12:21 AM
Sounds cool smile.gif Never really heard any of these bands, but I'm certainly going to smile.gif

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jan 24 2008, 04:03 AM
I'm still debating wether I should see this tour here on Feb 15 or go to Belphegor, Immolation, and Rotting Christ on the 12th. It would have been a treat for me to see both Hate Eternal and Decrepit Birth play in front of me. Oh well, we'll just see in a month. Great review btw smile.gif.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jan 27 2008, 07:50 PM
Instructor
Sounds cool, I especially like The Black Dahlia Murder smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
steiner666
May 16 2008, 10:44 PM
I've seen Hate Eternal before and they put on one hell of a show! The drummer was insane. Don't much care for 3 Inches of Blood though... too 80-ish vocally. Sounds like it was a good time tho.

--------------------
ESP LTD MH-400NT (EMG 81/85 set, D'Addario Skinny Top/Fat Bottom strings)
Line 6 Toneport GX

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
May 16 2008, 10:47 PM
Instructor
the lucky uncreator.

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
May 17 2008, 10:47 PM
Instructor
yeah! sounds cool!!
Thanks for the review!!!!!!!!!! wink.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 27 2008, 11:42 AM
Instructor
Great review man ! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
May 27 2008, 02:31 PM
Heh 3 Inches of blood rule.. can't wait to see them this summer smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
May 27 2008, 07:51 PM
Instructor
thx for share!
this is not only metal. Bands like Hate Eternal play an style called GRINDCORE METAL
cool.gif these bands are brutal!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:18 AM