Time To Get Back At It!
rokchik
Oct 22 2013, 10:50 PM
The Dark Canuck
Hey GMC smile.gif

It has been a while since I was here last. Some of you know me some of you don't. I have been here at GMC for a few years now and it has helped me a lot with my guitar playing path. Now for those who don't know me, I am not in a band or anything, just play for me... and the occasional house party smile.gif I have come a long way since I first picked up the guitar 8 or so years ago but I am no where near where I should be... or want to be.

I have stuck mostly to the acoustic the last few years as most people want you to play sing a long songs at parties and stuff but I find myself once again wanting to learn more on my electric. I want to do more than just chord songs!! I've started and stopped this part of my guitar playing so many times now I have lost count but I am going to give it another go. I usually get really frustrated and go back to what I know but I really want to challenge myself. I've set a couple goals for myself actually and a 6 month time table (my birthday is in a little over 6 months so figured it's a good goal time smile.gif ) Some of my goals are to make sure I practice everyday, work on my alternate picking and also my picking speed, learn another scale other than pentatonic wink.gif work on theory knowledge and also learn a new song including solos by my birthday, keep a guitar journal of my progress.

Small goals, but achievable. I have renewed my subscription as well so will be doing a couple videos... just gotta figure out which ones to start with now smile.gif So watch out GMC... Rok is back!!!! cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:07 AM