Too Sick To Play!
mattacuk
May 17 2007, 05:03 PM
Lets go fishing!
Ok so I have been in bed for most of the week with a very nasty bout of flu sad.gif . Although the flu is clearing up im not really fit for anything yet as imhaveing breathing problems. I think it may be at least another 4-5 days before I can practice "properly". Im concerned I might start looseing my skills if i dont play soon! Any tips?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Robin
May 17 2007, 06:05 PM
GMC:er
Oh man it sucks to have fever and shit. Sitting up in a chair is exhasting >_< I guess you just have to wait. Eat fruit and vitamins and stuff.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 17 2007, 06:19 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I got Mono awhile ago and couldnt play guitar for about the first 2-3 weeks i was sick, but when i did pick up the guitar, i felt i had decreased in skill and talent, but once the sickness started to go away, it all comes back to you in like 2-3 days, and you play better, or atleast i did.

Dont worry youll be back to shreddin' in no time

+Quote Post
Pavel
May 17 2007, 07:33 PM
Instructor
Hey Matty! Don't worry about it - we are having very productive discussions on MSN with you so i am sure you'll pick up your guitar and shred as hell after you finally get rid of that desease! smile.gif Cheers!!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
May 17 2007, 07:39 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Pavel @ May 17 2007, 07:33 PM) *
Hey Matty! Don't worry about it - we are having very productive discussions on MSN with you so i am sure you'll pick up your guitar and shred as hell after you finally get rid of that desease! smile.gif Cheers!!

Thank you Everyone for your comments, I dont feel so bad now!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
ezravdb
May 17 2007, 07:43 PM
Ahh, Mattacuk that sounds awful.
I hope you get better soon!!

--------------------
The coolest new community: Lockerz Wanna join Lockerz?
Send me a PM with your mailadress.

+Quote Post
sillyman
May 17 2007, 09:32 PM
whats really killing me now is that i got a little overzealous with practising and skrewed my wrists up and now my doctor only allows me 45 minutes of practising a day it's agony!

--------------------
Ibanez sa260 (hell ya)
Ibanez 10 watt amp (hell no)

+Quote Post
Pavel
May 17 2007, 09:45 PM
Instructor
If you got hurt it means you are doing something wrong in your playing. I am practicing many hours a day and i never got hurt in 4 years of practicing seriously!

So you have to review the way you keep the guitar, the way you sit and pick!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Ryan
May 17 2007, 10:13 PM
yes me playing 8 hours a day..7 days a week..and every other free time i have....and playign like that for 6 months.nto once ahve i been hurt...been a little sorer..but nothing....that stops me from playing

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:48 AM