Guitar, What should I get
Leviathan
May 24 2007, 02:24 PM
GMC:er
Ok guys right now I have an Iceman with the H.R. Graphics and want a guitar that is good for solos and has a whammy bar... Any suggestions (preferably Ibanez)... please list prices to...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 24 2007, 03:38 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Ibanez RG350DX - $399-$450

http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=RG350DX

Ibanez Xiphos - $650-$700

http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=XPT700

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
moles
May 24 2007, 05:28 PM
i dont like the lower end ibanezs that come with INF pickups

so go for a rg prestige if you want good quality imo =]

but don't just stick to ibanez, look through all the companys that suit your style for example Jackson and ESP

i dont really understand ibanez edge pros (can anyone explain? rolleyes.gif ) i heard they are good but the lower end models (just like floyd rose) go outa tune easily so i hear.
so if you gonna buy a geetar with a floyd rose make sure its an original floyd rose. the licenced ones are made cheaper and tend to give up.. just like the one on me rg has *sigh* mellow.gif

just remember floating bridges can be quite a hassle if you dont know how to use it/ set it up properly so make sure you do your research. also if you wanna detune your guitar it can be a bit of a biatch tongue.gif (string/spring tensions and all that hassle)

+Quote Post
AIB234
May 24 2007, 11:02 PM
Go to a devoted music/guitar shop and spend some time jamming on different brands.

Decide what you like to play and buy it or come back here with questions about a brand you want to buy.

No point in buying something solely based on a recommendation cause you might not like to play it!

This post has been edited by AIB234: May 24 2007, 11:03 PM

+Quote Post
Leviathan
May 25 2007, 04:27 AM
QUOTE (AIB234 @ May 24 2007, 06:02 PM) *
Go to a devoted music/guitar shop and spend some time jamming on different brands.

Decide what you like to play and buy it or come back here with questions about a brand you want to buy.

No point in buying something solely based on a recommendation cause you might not like to play it!

Well I like Trivium style music.... and a bunch of others...

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 25 2007, 04:29 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Well Triviums sound is largely in there amps, cause they use Jackson, Dean, Gibson, And The John Petrucci 7 String Models.

The INF S3 and S4 Pickups are great in my oppinion, sounds great and are very versatile for all styles.

+Quote Post
AIB234
May 25 2007, 12:40 PM
I mean types of guitar brands, not bands smile.gif

Pick up an ESP and play for a while, then pick up an Epi, then an Ibanez etc etc until you find what you really want to pay for and play.

You have to be comfortable playing the guitar you have and you have to like it. Both of which are hard to discover without trying some guitars first!

+Quote Post
Meho98
May 25 2007, 02:00 PM
When choosing an axe, it has to "FIT" you or it's going to sound and feel like crap. Trust me when I say that this is different for everybody. I always wanted an American Strat just like Clapton, so I went to buy it and while I was there I tried the Jackson D3 "an import". I went home with the Jackson. Take advise from the people that gives you info and go to the music shop and play with different guitars. That’s the only way to truly decide. wink.gif

--------------------
My gear:
Guitar - JACKSON DR3 DINKY REVERSE
Amp - Peavey TransTube Studio Pro 112

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:04 AM