> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

161 Pages V  « < 56 57 58 59 60 > »   
Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Phil66
Mar 22 2017, 06:35 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
No mate, for some crazy reason after playing the 789 on the A string, my index finger doesn't go to the 7th fret on the D string. It does at 80% speed but at 90% it doesn't get there in time, in fact it doesn't move at all. It's as though it knows it won't get there in time so it stays where it is biggrin.gif I play the 9th fret on the D string ok though.

It has a mind of its own rolleyes.gif

We'll get there Gab smile.gif

Cheers

UPDATE:

Did some serious intense work in my 1 hour this evening. Worked late, took wife out for meal came home and crammed intensity in. There are a lot of obvious errors here, I only had time for one take. I completely missed the slide from the 19th fret but I've put it here at an unusual angle, maybe you can spot something. I did manage to improve on the issue I had mentioned above though smile.gif
One thing is for sure, I am back on track with my desire to play smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Mar 22 2017, 11:40 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 23 2017, 02:22 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Well done!

There are obvious errors, but there are also many parts played very well! I can feel that this is getting better. It's time to repeat what we always do: Identify the parts with issues in this new vid and work over metronome as a loop at the current tempo (moving it down and up for some minutes as a part of the practice).

That's the next step. This is getting close! Trust me. biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 23 2017, 02:41 PM
Thanks Gab,

Considering that was a rusty take I don't think it's too bad, the slide I missed was a one off but I never actually get it to sound like yours for some reason, the chords weren't clean, the first part of the solo wasn't very fluid either, also that lick I mentioned with the index finger issue needs WORK but I do feel, taking into account recent life issues, that I have taken a big jump towards getting it fairly good.

I'll be back with another take very soon smile.gif .

Cheers buddy.

Peace smile.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Mar 23 2017, 09:58 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 25 2017, 11:04 AM
Hello Gab, (One thread above you may have missed)

A quick take this morning. The problem areas are still there but getting better, in this take they got a bit worse again, REC button syndrome smile.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/jw-25032017-10-00

I'm really going to practise those runs across three strings, they need some hard work and the start of the solo. I don't think the double stop section needs as much work now and that gave me some major problems a while ago. The 9th fret bending section still needs work too.

Cheers buddy.

This post has been edited by Phil66: Mar 25 2017, 05:50 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 25 2017, 06:00 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil,

That's a good analysis. Those areas are the ones that need work and you already know how you have to work on them. So keep going! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 26 2017, 09:11 PM
Thanks Gab,

I've finally isolated that problem I'm having HERE, it isn't my left hand, it is my right hand. When I play faster my right hand isn't palm muting the A string for some reason so, my left-hand index finger is "scared" to leave the A string. It's as though it's trying to compensate for the right hand not stopping the A string ringing out and the only way it can do that is by staying on the string.
I'm convinced this is happening. I think maybe I need to do more of Todd's Bootcamp as that covers that kind of thing; unless you have any other ideas?

We're finally getting close with this one and as I said before, I don't mind how long it takes, there's no point finding a level three lesson I CAN do because it won't be covering techniques I CAN'T do. I have the collabs and Shred Fest to keep things fresh smile.gif

Cheers Gab

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 27 2017, 05:39 AM
Instructor
Hi Phil, this sounds reasonable and now that you are conscious of it, you'll be able to fix it soon. I think that you can create an exercise from this riff by taking among 6 and 10 notes around the problem and play it as a loop, and creating variations of it. The problem seems to be related to your index finger (besides your new suspect), but I also think that the crossing strings thing can be also a reason why this is not sounding clean.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 27 2017, 08:21 PM
Hello Gab,

Tonight's take.

Things that need work on top of general polishing.

• Open chords need to be cleaner.
  • 9th fret bend section is STILL messy and rushed.
  • Diad section not tight enough.

There are a few things that went wrong but the errors are different every time. On the second round of open chords I lost my fingering and the next lick is messed up a bit but I managed to carry on. There was a time that whenever I messed up I had to stop and go back to the beginning but now I don't smile.gif If I could pick the best bits from each take it wouldn't sound too bad biggrin.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/jw-27032017-20-12

Any critique/suggestions you can add would be great smile.gif

I also did a couple of takes for the Shred Challenge https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=745952

Cheers buddy.

This post has been edited by Phil66: Mar 27 2017, 08:53 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 28 2017, 03:06 AM
Instructor
Hi Phil!

I also note that the errors appear at different moment on each take. This is something that we've experienced in previous takes / lessons, and I think that it's a promising thing. This is related to the fact that you already have the techniques, but your mind needs more time to get more familiar with the lesson. Playing this slower, faster, and at the current tempo could be good tricks for your mind in order to improve this one.

Good things are coming.. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 28 2017, 01:08 PM
Thanks Gab,

That last take was at the same tempo as the lesson, are you suggesting practising it faster than original tempo? I can see why it would be good. Practising slower is what we all do as it improves precision but trying to do it faster will make the original tempo seem slower.

I'm on it Gab. I have to work late on Thursday and am not here on Saturday and Sunday as we have a micro holiday but I will be practising Sunday night. I feel it is close now and that last take I feel was the best solo so far.

Tonight I played the JW lesson three times each bpm as below:
70bpm
80bpm
90bpm (lesson tempo)
95bpm
100bpm
90bpm
80bpm
70bpm
60bpm
50bpm

To finish I practised following perfectly at 50bpm at least ten times each:
The 3 string runs.
The 9th fret bend lick
The diads
The 9th fret lick and the diads together.

I hope this is ok. I thought I'd finish slowly so my brain can work on precision while I rest wink.gif

Bottom line; I'm enjoying guitar like never before. smile.gif

Thanks Gab smile.gif

P. S did you check out the shred link? I did a third Shred Fest take here https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=745977 and that is my favourite so far.

This post has been edited by Phil66: Mar 28 2017, 09:00 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 29 2017, 03:06 AM
Instructor
Hi Phil,

yes, that's exactly the reason why I suggested to also practice at faster tempo, just for some minutes. I'm so happy to know that you are enjoying your guitar practice that much! I've said many times that this is THE YEAR. smile.gif

I'm also impressed of how your own solos and improvisations are getting better. I remember that you've used to submit very good ideas for the creativity workout, so I know that you are a creative person, but now your playing is reaching a good level to materialise your ideas. Also, the new pedalboard has improved your tone a lot.

All great things.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 29 2017, 08:53 PM
Thanks Gab,

As I said, I'm working late tomorrow so I doubt I will practise and I'm away this weekend on a micro holiday so hopefully,Friday and Sunday will allow some intense practice at high speed.

Cheers buddy. I'll post a take on Sunday evening all being well.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 29 2017, 09:57 PM
Instructor
Nice! I'll wait for your Sunday take. Enjoy your holiday. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 2 2017, 09:25 PM
We got back from our good times too late to practise guitar mate. I'll be on it tomorrow but will need to refresh my fingers. Take coming ASAP.
Cheers buddy

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 2 2017, 09:54 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil! Welcome back!

How was the vacation?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 4 2017, 07:01 PM
Sorry Gab, I typed the message below out last night (3rd April) andI've just opened my browser and there it is, I hadn't clicked "add reply" rolleyes.gif

The mini vacation was great thanks Gab,

we went here and here and had a great night in the hotel restaurant and in the bar afterwards on Saturday night.

Unfortunately I had to work late tonight so I couldn't practise sad.gif My problems at work haven't ended yet. The lad who broke his wrist was due back today but the hospital said he needs at least another two weeks. He came in to see us today, he has had his plaster cast removed and has a rigid strapping on it but he still doesn't have much movement in his hand.

I'll get on it as soon as I can mate, it's going to take a couple of nights, I also have a four-day break coming up 14th, 15th, 16th and 17th April and we are going here which is on the Jurassic Coast and a lovely seaside town it is.

Cheers Gab.

UPDATE 4th April 2017:
That 3 string run is still giving me problems. I'm going to give it more work Gab, I think I've cracked it and then BOOM I go back into my old habit.

Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: Apr 5 2017, 07:47 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 6 2017, 12:24 AM
Instructor
Those are beautiful places mate! Each of the link is precious. smile.gif I'm sure that you'll have a great time on that beautiful beach.

Thanks for the update. I know that I have news from you at the other workouts. I'll check the threads in a moment.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 6 2017, 09:27 PM
Thanks Gab,

Unfortunately, I didn't get home until 9pm today so I haven't been able to practice sad.gif It's getting tough at work now with that lad being out still, and other things.

You may be interested in this though smile.gif https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry746258

Cheers Gab I WILL be back on ASAP.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 7 2017, 01:49 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, I've just given my opinion at that thread. Check it out! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 7 2017, 10:32 PM
Late night again mate. Only had about half an hour sad.gif

Hopefully my worker will be back soon and i can get into some serious scheduled practise. It's been gradual but we're really starting to feel the effects of him not being there now, it's always pernicious when someone is out for a long time because everyone tries to cover for them doing little bits of the work that the person did, but, when they are doing that, their own work is falling behind. Next week is going to be disruptive too but hopefully after Easter he will be back, even if he can't manage his own job as it is quite physical, he can do the job of the person that is covering him smile.gif

I'll get back on track, no doubt about that. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

Had an idea for the pop collab, I've put it on the thread.

Cheers buddy

This post has been edited by Phil66: Apr 8 2017, 07:39 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

161 Pages V  « < 56 57 58 59 60 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:50 PM