And I Thought Basketball Was Save., NOT!
Jesse
Apr 6 2009, 04:07 PM
GMC:er
Hehe, I got a new addiction, basketball. And today, I was home, from reffereeing a sports day, and I was tired. I come home and think.. let's play ball! I go there for an hour, then , I play some 1 vs 2, me vs 2 others. It goes well, and then I trip. My hand's are a bit ripped. I stand up, look at my pants and go, S*&T! I ripped my pants, across the knee, one giant gap. Nice. So I play on for a minute, then look at my pant's and see red trough the gap, just what I was waiting for. I look closer, and my knee's open, well open, tore up a bunch of skin, and it's bloody. So now im walking around with a big bandage right below my knee, and 2 band-aids on my 2 hands. <--- That was, because I got some cuts, sideways. And if I'd play guitar, the strings might cut right in the flesh in the cuts on my picking hand, they were placed nicely sleep.gif. So, now I'm gonna watch some telly on my bed. Bye ^^

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Apr 6 2009, 04:10 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
Just remember...chicks dig sports injuries!!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Jesse
Apr 6 2009, 04:15 PM
Hmm, appearantly. I was playing the 1 vs 2 against 2 girls haha. They went, "Oaaah, you should go home!" Me "Nooo, it's allright " Girl 1 "Woaaah that's insane" Girl 2 "Oh well, he's a boy" I look at my leg " woa, cr*p. I might go home for a bit" Girl 2"Will U be back?" Me "Maybe," I got home , took my pants off (sounds odd I know, but I needed looser pants, and my jeans were ripped) and I went like "hehe, I aint coming back" . It hurt's biggrin.gif

BTW Pret, you are an SRV fan?! Me too man, one of the reasons I got a strat! (Besides their 100% awesomeness)! Check out our live Pride And Joy cover on www.youtube.com/epiphonefan.
I'll make some pics.

This post has been edited by Jesse: Apr 6 2009, 04:16 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tolek
Apr 6 2009, 04:15 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Praetorian @ Apr 6 2009, 05:10 PM) *
Just remember...chicks dig sports injuries!!!

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Sorry to hear this, jesse... sad.gif So, we can´t do our challenge now. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Jesse
Apr 6 2009, 04:17 PM
We can, bandagees:D You need to send the proper tab tho;)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Apr 6 2009, 04:22 PM
Nice cover Jesse! I agree with you 100%...I love my Ibanez - but there is NOTHING like a strat!!

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Tolek
Apr 6 2009, 04:26 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Jesse @ Apr 6 2009, 05:17 PM) *
We can, bandagees:D You need to send the proper tab tho;)

Sure. I only need to get home (next Sunday) and complete it! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Praetorian @ Apr 6 2009, 05:22 PM) *
Nice cover Jesse! I agree with you 100%...I love my Ibanez - but there is NOTHING like a strat!!

Ok... laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Jesse
Apr 6 2009, 04:29 PM
Oh youre making the tab. Well, I asked for the PROPER TAB. Just kidding, ghehe.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tolek
Apr 6 2009, 04:30 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Jesse @ Apr 6 2009, 05:29 PM) *
Oh youre making the tab. Well, I asked for the PROPER TAB. Just kidding, ghehe.

laugh.gif laugh.gif Actually, it is proper. I´m only copying the tab from a guitar magazine. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Jesse
Apr 6 2009, 04:31 PM
Ghaha, ok:D

--------------------

+Quote Post
fkalich
Apr 6 2009, 04:51 PM

Tonight is the finals of the NCAA Championship. [/b]. You will never see more excitement in sports, not in my eyes. This is for the large Universities. Sure these guys are going to be making many millions soon, but they are college students as you see them play, they do take courses.

The guy who invented the game is buried in my town, he was the first basketball coach at the University of Kansas. We won this championship last year. I think we have a great shot next year, if two of our players don't quit school and head to the NBA this year. That is a decision the best players have to make...."do I quit now, and maybe make 2 or 3 million dollars next year, or go to school another year to improve, and maybe make 5 or 7 million my first year as a pro, and maybe make more money in my life time because I was more prepared when I went pro". They have such problems, I feel sorry for them.

+Quote Post
Jesse
Apr 6 2009, 04:54 PM
I love basketball, and I got pretty good at it after 1 week of nonstop playing:D Yeah, Kobe, whent to NBA when he was 17 STRAIGHT after his high school graduation. I'd love to get in the NBA, I want to move to the USA anyway:D I can't get NBA on tv:( Only with digital tv and an additional 22 $ a month:( I'm getting nba leaque broadband pass for my birthday I think biggrin.gif All games for a whole season! On the pc. Haha, biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Roadside
Apr 6 2009, 05:57 PM
Do chicks realy dig sport injuries? Damn just came back from playing soccer but no scratches :'(

+Quote Post
fkalich
Apr 6 2009, 06:07 PM
QUOTE (Jesse @ Apr 6 2009, 10:54 AM) *
I love basketball, and I got pretty good at it after 1 week of nonstop playing:D Yeah, Kobe, whent to NBA when he was 17 STRAIGHT after his high school graduation. I'd love to get in the NBA, I want to move to the USA anyway:D I can't get NBA on tv:( Only with digital tv and an additional 22 $ a month:( I'm getting nba leaque broadband pass for my birthday I think biggrin.gif All games for a whole season! On the pc. Haha, biggrin.gif

They don't let them do that anymore, you have to either go to college at least for one year.

We have a guy from Minnesota named Cole Adridge. He is expected to return to school next year for his 3rd year, but I am sure that will be it for him. He could sign an NBA contract this year, and probably make 3 million a year on a guaranteed contract, but in the long run, he will be better off playing college one more year. They develop more under college coaching than they ever can, at least most of them, once they go pro. It is also kind of fun knowing that they are not rich, they are actually playing for nothing but a college scholarship while in school, they cannot be given any money whatever for playing, or receive any from sponsors, they are as poor as other college students.

You will hear about him in a few years, he is a 7 foot tall monster, he got 20 rebounds, 10 blocked shots, and scored 13 points, in the second game of the NCAA tourneyment.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 6 2009, 09:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jesse @ Apr 6 2009, 05:07 PM) *
Hehe, I got a new addiction, basketball. And today, I was home, from reffereeing a sports day, and I was tired. I come home and think.. let's play ball! I go there for an hour, then , I play some 1 vs 2, me vs 2 others. It goes well, and then I trip. My hand's are a bit ripped. I stand up, look at my pants and go, S*&T! I ripped my pants, across the knee, one giant gap. Nice. So I play on for a minute, then look at my pant's and see red trough the gap, just what I was waiting for. I look closer, and my knee's open, well open, tore up a bunch of skin, and it's bloody. So now im walking around with a big bandage right below my knee, and 2 band-aids on my 2 hands. <--- That was, because I got some cuts, sideways. And if I'd play guitar, the strings might cut right in the flesh in the cuts on my picking hand, they were placed nicely sleep.gif. So, now I'm gonna watch some telly on my bed. Bye ^^

Hehe cool post man! laugh.gif I like to play basketball, and the weather is nice now, so I'll organize something! Hope you get well soon Jesse! smile.gif

PS you can play harp until you heal down! biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Apr 6 2009, 09:46 PM
Man...basketball sure has gone global! My wife's family are basketball freaks. My wife played in college, and then used to coach women's basketball at Fischer College. I never played on a team...although the coach always wanted me to because I have always been tall.

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
fkalich
Apr 6 2009, 09:56 PM
QUOTE (Praetorian @ Apr 6 2009, 03:46 PM) *
Man...basketball sure has gone global! My wife's family are basketball freaks. My wife played in college, and then used to coach women's basketball at Fischer College. I never played on a team...although the coach always wanted me to because I have always been tall.

I have a niece who I think still holds the record from most points scored at her University. She had this tactic, on a jump ball, where she would reach over and push the other girl down by her shoulder when she jumped. Surprising as it might seem, she got away with it, I saw her do it once. Refs look up on a jump ball.

Go Michigan State tonight. Anyone but North Carolina. Well almost anyone.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:57 AM