Project Quadrium Riff/lyric Ideas, share our riff/lyric ideas here
Todd Simpson
Mar 3 2011, 02:52 PM
GMC:er
Welcome back! Can't wait to see what you come up with smile.gif
Todd

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Mar 3 2011, 02:52 AM) *
Hi guys,
I'm back from my holiday and I've got plenty of time today and tomorrow, so expect some new lick ideas and drums for this mp3 smile.gif

Christian

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
quadrium
Mar 3 2011, 08:25 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hey guys.Here is the idea of the rough song structure of our song 2.I'm uploading the project files also in case if you haven't downloaded before.Check this out smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  song2.rar ( 5.4MB ) Number of downloads: 104

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 4 2011, 04:11 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Nice work, Dogukan!
But I get the feeling there's just too much stuff in song 2, I think we can make two songs out of it. My "Maiden" riff could work as an intro, followed by my other riff, and we're halfway through with song 3 wink.gif
I am working on a new drum track for our first song, it is more difficult than I thought at first...do you know how it feels when you got an awesome drum pattern in your head but don't have the skills or the program to recreate it? It's driving me nuts, therefore I'm not content with my attempts so far. But you'll get the track with drums soon.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
quadrium
Mar 5 2011, 09:16 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Mar 4 2011, 03:11 PM) *
Nice work, Dogukan!
But I get the feeling there's just too much stuff in song 2, I think we can make two songs out of it. My "Maiden" riff could work as an intro, followed by my other riff, and we're halfway through with song 3 wink.gif
I am working on a new drum track for our first song, it is more difficult than I thought at first...do you know how it feels when you got an awesome drum pattern in your head but don't have the skills or the program to recreate it? It's driving me nuts, therefore I'm not content with my attempts so far. But you'll get the track with drums soon.

Cool smile.gif Then i will make another arrangement for song 2 smile.gif

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
quadrium
Mar 5 2011, 09:50 PM
Learning Tone Master
Here is the new idea for song 2.I haven't used Christian's ideas 3 & 4 this time as he said.I will use them for song 3.Feel free to help me with the ideas guys smile.gif Hope you like it.

Dogukan,

This post has been edited by quadrium: Mar 5 2011, 09:53 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  song2b.rar ( 2.96K ) Number of downloads: 99

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 6 2011, 08:17 AM
CHRISTIAN AND DOKUGAN? (Getting up to speed on creating midi drum tracks)

What are you using for Drums Christian? Let me suggest something, try STEVE SLATE DRUMS. It's a plugin and it's killer. Here is a link with samples.

http://www.stevenslatedrums.com/index.php?...r&Itemid=66

I'm also a fan of EZ DRUMMER (It comes with tons of midi drum tracks pre built) I bought a copy of this well. I know, more spending. Not easy.
http://www.toontrack.com/products.asp?item=7

Also, when putting in drums, having a keyboard, or small drum pad is a real help. If you don't have midi keyboard, your gonna need one, so start looking around. I use a Maudio keystation which is a workable and cheap way to go. About 50 Euro. Any USB/Midi keyboard will do. It's so much easier than using a mouse to create drum tracks.

Korg has a new small usb/midi keyboard for about 50 euro.
http://www.korg.com/Product.aspx?pd=579
Attached Image

Or you can try the usb nano pad from Korg about 25 Euro.
http://www.korg.com/product.aspx?&pd=415
Attached Image

All this of course means, money, money, money. I've only suggested the cheapest possible prosumer options here, part of what I hope you guys pick up as we continue is what you need in terms of hardware, software, at a minimum, to create decent sounding demos/recordings. There's no substitute for experience. smile.gif

I know it's tough to find money for these things. Believe me. That too, is a vital survival skill. How do I buy what I need and still eat and pay rent?

Todd

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Mar 4 2011, 10:11 AM) *
Nice work, Dogukan!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 7 2011, 07:27 AM
Getting Better Guitar Tones in Reaper.

Here is a demo reaper project where I used a 5 watt micro cube amp, a cheap netbook, and cheapo icicle usb audio interface with a cheap mic. I recorded on a PC netbook that is pretty underpowered. Essentially, I wanted to use about the worst gear I could put together and then use reaper to get a decent guitar gone as an example.

Download the reaper file and the audio file. Open the reaper project and play. Then listen to the .wav file by itself just using windows media player or something outside of reaper just to hear the difference. I used three plugins that come with reaper to essentially replace the entire guitar tone. That's what is great about reaper. Even if the recording of your guitar isn't great, you can fake it in software. There is guitar amp emulation built in to reaper and I just ran across it. It's really quite good. I"m hoping we can use this to even out our recordings as we all use different gear. Let me know what you think smile.gif

Here is a preview of the unprocessed recording.
Attached File  unprocessed.mp3 ( 211.26K ) Number of downloads: 144

Here is a preview of the processed version of the same recording.
Attached File  ProcessedVersion.mp3 ( 420.45K ) Number of downloads: 136

Here is the unprocessed recording to use with the reaper file. (NEW REAPER FILE BELOW)
Attached File  01_110307_1356.wav ( 1.35MB ) Number of downloads: 168

Here is the reaper file as a zip (BE SURE TO GRAB THIS FILE, IT CONTAINS THE GUITAR EMULATION)
Attached File  ToneTestzip.zip ( 1.59K ) Number of downloads: 119

Here is a pic of the rig I used to record. Micro Netbook, micro amp, icicle usb interface, cheap headphones etc. Pretty minimal gear.
Attached Image
Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 7 2011, 03:23 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  ProcessedVersion.wav.wav ( 2.69MB ) Number of downloads: 102

+Quote Post
quadrium
Mar 7 2011, 09:46 PM
Learning Tone Master
Wow this is great Todd smile.gif I have microcube too and i can definitely use this tac.Thanks for sharing.By the way what do you think about the latest song 2 structuer idea i have sent?

Dogukan,

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 7 2011, 06:27 AM) *
Getting Better Guitar Tones in Reaper.

Here is a demo reaper project where I used a 5 watt micro cube amp, a cheap netbook, and cheapo icicle usb audio interface with a cheap mic. I recorded on a PC netbook that is pretty underpowered. Essentially, I wanted to use about the worst gear I could put together and then use reaper to get a decent guitar gone as an example.

Download the reaper file and the audio file. Open the reaper project and play. Then listen to the .wav file by itself just using windows media player or something outside of reaper just to hear the difference. I used three plugins that come with reaper to essentially replace the entire guitar tone. That's what is great about reaper. Even if the recording of your guitar isn't great, you can fake it in software. There is guitar amp emulation built in to reaper and I just ran across it. It's really quite good. I"m hoping we can use this to even out our recordings as we all use different gear. Let me know what you think smile.gif

Here is a preview of the unprocessed recording.
Attached File  unprocessed.mp3 ( 211.26K ) Number of downloads: 144

Here is a preview of the processed version of the same recording.
Attached File  ProcessedVersion.mp3 ( 420.45K ) Number of downloads: 136

Here is the unprocessed recording to use with the reaper file. (NEW REAPER FILE BELOW)
Attached File  01_110307_1356.wav ( 1.35MB ) Number of downloads: 168

Here is the reaper file as a zip (BE SURE TO GRAB THIS FILE, IT CONTAINS THE GUITAR EMULATION)
Attached File  ToneTestzip.zip ( 1.59K ) Number of downloads: 119

Here is a pic of the rig I used to record. Micro Netbook, micro amp, icicle usb interface, cheap headphones etc. Pretty minimal gear.
Attached Image
Todd

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 8 2011, 11:57 PM
Hey guy smile.gif Here is a link to some drum sounds I had shared just in case it got lost in the shuffle.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2761041/PROJECT_QU...ell_LoopAIF.zip

I'd like to see what you guys can come up with for drums. I'm trying to really push you guys toward learning and growing on this and your doing great so far smile.gif

Dokugan, can you post a rar with all the files for your current version of the new song? I've got the project file but not the source files.

Todd

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 8 2011, 11:57 PM
Hey guy smile.gif Here is a link to some drum sounds I had shared just in case it got lost in the shuffle.

I'd like to see what you guys can come up with for drums. I'm trying to really push you guys toward learning and growing on this and your doing great so far smile.gif

Dokugan, can you post a rar with all the files for your current version of the new song? I've got the project file but not the source files.

Todd

+Quote Post
quadrium
Mar 9 2011, 01:24 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 8 2011, 10:57 PM) *

Todd

Here it is Todd.And about the drums i am waiting to hear Christian's idea for now.And thanks for sharing the sounds again smile.gif

Dogukan,

Attached File(s)
Attached File  song2files.rar ( 2.56MB ) Number of downloads: 100

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 10 2011, 12:48 AM
Don't wait! Jump in smile.gif I"m hoping to hear both of your ideas on drums actually. I'm really looking forward to it.

Here is something that will help smile.gif It's a collection of MIDI files that you can use as a starter on making your drum tracks!

Enjoy!

Attached File  MidiRockDrums.zip ( 17.8K ) Number of downloads: 116

QUOTE (quadrium @ Mar 8 2011, 07:24 PM) *
Here it is Todd.And about the drums i am waiting to hear Christian's idea for now.And thanks for sharing the sounds again smile.gif

Dogukan,

+Quote Post
quadrium
Mar 10 2011, 12:53 AM
Learning Tone Master
Great Thanks smile.gif By the way Todd can you send me the latest project file of song 1? Couldn't find it anywhere in my laptop sad.gif And what are your opinions for song 2 structure?

Dogukan,

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 9 2011, 11:48 PM) *
Don't wait! Jump in smile.gif I"m hoping to hear both of your ideas on drums actually. I'm really looking forward to it.

Here is something that will help smile.gif It's a collection of MIDI files that you can use as a starter on making your drum tracks!

Enjoy!

Attached File  MidiRockDrums.zip ( 17.8K ) Number of downloads: 116

This post has been edited by quadrium: Mar 10 2011, 12:55 AM

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
quadrium
Mar 21 2011, 06:02 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hey guys. It's been while since the last post. Time to start working again smile.gif I just wanted to ask you something Todd. Can you make a re-record the riffs for song 2 while we are waiting song 1 drums? I talked with Christian 2 day ago and he said that drums are almost done. So we can see the new version of song 1 anytime biggrin.gif Also i know that you've said to me to make drums, but since the midterms going on lately i couldn't find a proper time to do that. So for now i'm just waiting to see Christian's idea. But after friday i will be fully available smile.gif

Cheers,
Dogukan.

This post has been edited by quadrium: Mar 21 2011, 06:03 PM

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 22 2011, 04:00 PM
Todd here smile.gif Finally putting my studio back together. The move has been a bit rougher than I thought. I think I"m going to streamline my gear a bit and try to use about half the cables/lines/power as before if possible.

DOKUGAN: I had posted the example of "re-amping" in software using reaper (The post where I have the picture of the very small amp), and the project files so that you guys can make the recordings from your own home studios sound more like you want them to. Try re recording the song 2 stuff and then drag/drop or import the track in to the reaper project I posted above. The tracks are pre-tweaked with amp simulation.

Let me know if you need any tips on doing this. Or post the new recordings and I"ll make an example reaper file. Either way works. I really do hope this project is an opportunity for you guys to improve not only playing ability but recording/mixing technique as well.

Todd
QUOTE (quadrium @ Mar 21 2011, 12:02 PM) *
Hey guys. It's been while since the last post. Time to start working again smile.gif I just wanted to ask you something Todd. Can you make a re-record the riffs for song 2 while we are waiting song 1 drums? I talked with Christian 2 day ago and he said that drums are almost done. So we can see the new version of song 1 anytime biggrin.gif Also i know that you've said to me to make drums, but since the midterms going on lately i couldn't find a proper time to do that. So for now i'm just waiting to see Christian's idea. But after friday i will be fully available smile.gif

Cheers,
Dogukan.

+Quote Post
quadrium
Mar 22 2011, 05:24 PM
Learning Tone Master
Okey then. I will give it a shot after i've done with my midterms smile.gif Todd, can you send me the tabs of your ascension paradox riffs? I couldn't sorted out the notes exactly with my ear. I wanna be sure before i get into recording smile.gif And Christian, are you still messing with drums? smile.gif

Dogukan,

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 22 2011, 05:33 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I sure am wink.gif
The reason why it's taking me so long is that I messed around with a few free drum plugins and sounds and also tried out different drum freeware, but I got back to programming with my regular program (energyXT) and one of the Akai drum plugins it came with. I also tried putting vocals over it, but it is really difficult to sing over the riff for some reason, what is most annoying is that I have some serious timing issues when it comes ti singing over the riffs...
But you guys feel free to work on song 2 while I still mess around with song 1...but don't expect vocals (if you can expect them at all wink.gif ) before next week since I got a cold and my voice sounds terrible at the moment laugh.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
quadrium
Mar 22 2011, 05:41 PM
Learning Tone Master
Get well soon man smile.gif I will re-record the riffs of song 2 as soon as Todd sends me the tabs. And don't worry about the vocals. You or Marc can take care of it after we've done with drums smile.gif

Dogukan,

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 24 2011, 12:04 AM
Todd here wink.gif The first Riff is actually from Christian, I just sort of guessed at what he was playing and recorded it.

CHRISTIAN: Do you have tablature for your song 2 riffs?

The second riff I did I made up as I went so I'll need to tab it out. But I'll do that soon as I can so we ca move. Also, you can download the temp riffs and use them as placeholders/markers in a reaper project until we get the new ones.

Todd

QUOTE (quadrium @ Mar 22 2011, 11:41 AM) *
Get well soon man smile.gif I will re-record the riffs of song 2 as soon as Todd sends me the tabs. And don't worry about the vocals. You or Marc can take care of it after we've done with drums smile.gif

Dogukan,

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 24 2011, 02:50 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Todd,
you guessed absoluetely right at what I was playing smile.gif
Still have to tab out the riffs for song 2, but let me get the drums finished first so that we finally can put our first full song onto our facebook page wink.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:13 PM