3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
To All Instructors, Weak points, hard stuff for them
lcsdds
May 21 2009, 12:10 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Rhythmic displacement is one of the coolest concepts I've ever learned. You can get TONS of mileage out of your "patterns" this way. That pattern that Jose played can be phrased a MILLION different ways and sound totally different based on the groupings. smile.gif

Awesome thread. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AlexLion
May 21 2009, 06:56 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ May 21 2009, 01:59 AM) *
Try this in 160bpm smile.gif That's how the lick should be played

The point is to play every pull off perfectly but real and strong pull off like classical players, not just removing your finger from a string. I get tired until I reach the 5th string and still can't make it properly even in 140bpm.

Coool biggrin.gif I will try this again and again! And hard pull-ofs is always a problem at speed :|

Omg, that exercise is killing ;O What fingering do you use? And who can play this on 160?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by AlexLion: May 21 2009, 08:37 AM

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
May 21 2009, 08:42 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (AlexLion @ May 21 2009, 06:56 AM) *
Coool biggrin.gif I will try this again and again! And hard pull-ofs is always a problem at speed :|

Omg, that exercise is killing ;O What fingering do you use? And who can play this on 160?

My teacher was a master of those weird exercises. He could repeat it 20 times with no problem smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
May 21 2009, 08:44 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ May 21 2009, 09:42 AM) *
My teacher was a master of those weird exercises. He could repeat it 20 times with no problem smile.gif

Was it Baxter or? smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
AlexLion
May 21 2009, 08:46 AM
QUOTE (Jose Mena @ May 20 2009, 11:57 PM) *
One of the hardest things I practice often is playing patterns that are commonly use in a specific note time duration, and play it in a different time duration.

This is a very simple concept, but with certain licks or riffs it is hard to apply, however when you are able to do so, I often find a new lick, actually not new but with a totally different feel just because of the timing. This allows me to experiment with phrasing a lot.

Really cool how exact same notes can sound completely different! Very useful thing, I`ll try to use on other patterns as well!

QUOTE (Emir Hot @ May 21 2009, 10:42 AM) *

It must be Yngwie himself... Is Your teacher famous?!

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
May 21 2009, 08:47 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ May 21 2009, 08:44 AM) *
Was it Baxter or? smile.gif

John Wheatcroft, left handed guy. Baxter could also do it

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
May 21 2009, 08:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ May 21 2009, 09:47 AM) *

Ah ok, thanks. smile.gif

Btw, I still can't find a single Baxter's video on Youtube??

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
AlexLion
May 21 2009, 08:54 AM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ May 21 2009, 10:47 AM) *

Cool, he is on Myspace! I`m listening to his track right now! By the way he is not so popular as You tongue.gif That happens I think, that teachers are not known at all, but their students become world famous smile.gif

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
May 21 2009, 08:56 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ May 21 2009, 08:49 AM) *
Ah ok, thanks. smile.gif

Btw, I still can't find a single Baxter's video on Youtube??

That guy hates to be exposed. I don't think you will find any. Maybe we'll be lucky and see him when you come to London. The only thing you can hear is in Guitar Techniques but that's not as good as if you watch him playing live.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
May 21 2009, 08:58 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ May 21 2009, 09:56 AM) *
That guy hates to be exposed. I don't think you will find any. Maybe we'll be lucky and see him when you come to London. The only thing you can hear is in Guitar Techniques but that's not as good as if you watch him playing live.

It's not even about being exposed at all, guy is a GHOST!!! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
May 21 2009, 09:00 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (AlexLion @ May 21 2009, 08:54 AM) *
Cool, he is on Myspace! I`m listening to his track right now! By the way he is not so popular as You tongue.gif That happens I think, that teachers are not known at all, but their students become world famous smile.gif

There was a topic about that. I explained why I wouldn't like to be a full time teacher. None of them have a good career because that job is 24/7. When some famous guy comes to do a clinic at school, he usually looks at the floor in front of those teachers smile.gif Sad but true

QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ May 21 2009, 08:58 AM) *
It's not even about being exposed at all, guy is a GHOST!!! smile.gif

True smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Piotr Kaczor
May 21 2009, 10:04 AM
Instructor
Baxter is a one of the greatest guitarist I've ever heard, but fact, he is a ghost. smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile

+Quote Post
AlexLion
May 21 2009, 10:41 AM
Come on, give us more fingerbreaking stuff!

+Quote Post
Jesse
May 21 2009, 11:08 AM
Fingerbreaking? Do you want to end up like this?

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
AlexLion
May 21 2009, 11:27 AM
QUOTE (Jesse @ May 21 2009, 01:08 PM) *
Fingerbreaking? Do you want to end up like this?

Nothing unusual biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
May 21 2009, 01:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ May 20 2009, 06:59 PM) *
Try this in 160bpm smile.gif That's how the lick should be played

The point is to play every pull off perfectly but real and strong pull off like classical players, not just removing your finger from a string. I get tired until I reach the 5th string and still can't make it properly even in 140bpm.

I'd like to see what you mean, to tell you the truth this looks like nothing compared to your lessons

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
May 21 2009, 01:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jose Mena @ May 21 2009, 01:11 PM) *
I'd like to see what you mean, to tell you the truth this looks like nothing compared to your lessons

Sometimes I come across some stuff that much less experienced people can play with no problem and I find my self just like a beginner when I try smile.gif This topic is about those that we have trouble with smile.gif This exercise was one of those. I can play it after a while but not in 160bpm just as I take guitar. Maybe for some of you guys this doesn't look that difficult. The point is that your pull off has to be clean, strong and sharp as ice. This reverse pattern 12-p-8---12-p-10 is one of the harder ones for me.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
May 21 2009, 03:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ May 21 2009, 08:44 AM) *
Sometimes I come across some stuff that much less experienced people can play with no problem and I find my self just like a beginner when I try smile.gif This topic is about those that we have trouble with smile.gif This exercise was one of those. I can play it after a while but not in 160bpm just as I take guitar. Maybe for some of you guys this doesn't look that difficult. The point is that your pull off has to be clean, strong and sharp as ice. This reverse pattern 12-p-8---12-p-10 is one of the harder ones for me.

I see, I tried the pattern it looks simpler than it is, I can see where one would get tired, but I consider the patterns you did in your Symphony X style lesson almost next to impossible.

This one is a pattern that has caused me pain, I heard it from Michael Angelo and have not been able to play it for some reason, and it looks simple, I am pretty sure others can, but my mind has a block against it.

It is all 16th notes. all alternate picking, if I have to play it, I do some legato, I cannot alternate pick this one above 140 bpm (I haven't actually measured it just an estimate). Rhythm displacement happens here that is why what seems to be a repetitive pattern feels weird.

--15-12------------12-15-12----------12-15-12-----------------
--------13-12-13------------13-12-13----------13-12-----------
--------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
sted
May 21 2009, 03:38 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ May 21 2009, 08:47 AM) *

John Wheatcroft was your teacher? I'm sure he is from Merseyside somewhere, small world!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
May 21 2009, 03:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ May 21 2009, 02:44 PM) *
Sometimes I come across some stuff that much less experienced people can play with no problem and I find my self just like a beginner when I try smile.gif

Very true, we easily get used to some things we play most of the time,
it's time for breaking old habits. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:34 PM