2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Gas For 11rack Users :)
Mertay
Jan 10 2017, 05:17 PM
GMC:er
http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/nam...ts-pedal-646698

http://www.headrushelectronics.com

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jan 10 2017, 05:46 PM
Learning Roadie
thankx mertay !

Cheers

Laurent

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
KenA
Jan 10 2017, 05:54 PM
QUOTE (Mertay @ Jan 10 2017, 04:17 PM) *

Interesting at least. I never had hardware based amp sims before, but by video demos the one I always liked the best was actually 11 Rack. Kemper appears to be good too, but in my case I'll probably never be profiling real amps, so it would be nice to have a product like "Kemper Player" ... only for poor guys like me?

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 10 2017, 06:01 PM
Cool smile.gif Great to see someone finally putting a color touch screen on a unit. It's well past time somebody finally integrated touch surfaces, in color, in to processors. The helix at least has color, but with so many folks using tablets/phones, I've been waiting for someone to do touch screen smile.gif I actually did a DIY touch screen to control my 11 Rack a bit back smile.gif

IT sounds like these guys have bought the spare 11 rack chips or licensed the tech. Great to see as they are still some of my fave models out there. They behave and sound like real amps which is handy smile.gif These guys certainly made a spiff controller for it!

Todd

QUOTE (Mertay @ Jan 10 2017, 12:17 PM) *

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Jan 10 2017, 06:05 PM
Experienced Rock Star
I think 11Rack users would probably wish these developers were still working on the 11Rack instead of starting a new company smile.gif. As it is, I think anybody who would be interested in this new unit has probably already bought a Line 6 Helix. Competition is good, but this looks eerily similar to the Helix.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 10 2017, 06:06 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Rammikin @ Jan 10 2017, 06:05 PM) *
I think 11Rack users would probably wish these developers were still working on the 11Rack instead of starting a new company smile.gif. As it is, I think anybody who would be interested in this new unit has probably already bought a Line 6 Helix. Competition is good, but this looks eerily similar to the Helix.

That was my first thought as well smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 10 2017, 07:02 PM
QUOTE (Rammikin @ Jan 10 2017, 05:05 PM) *

I remember when I first saw a demo of helix, I thought this would be the future of processors and might even wrote that to this forum. Line6 really did their homeowork on the control side of things maybe even more than the sound smile.gif so next generation of processors will likely remind the helix to us for a long time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wyverex
Jan 11 2017, 01:05 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Tbh, it rather reminds me of Bias FX instead of the Helix, although the control possibilities are probably similar. That being said, I love my Helix and wouldn't trade it in for anything atm biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 11 2017, 06:26 PM
I will definitely be looking at that when the price is released wink.gif

UPDATE:

£899, that's gonna give the Helix a run for its money I reckon cool.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jan 11 2017, 08:58 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 11 2017, 11:30 PM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 11 2017, 05:26 PM) *
I will definitely be looking at that when the price is released wink.gif

UPDATE:

£899, that's gonna give the Helix a run for its money I reckon cool.gif

Quick comparing the helix on paper does have more of everything compared to headrush but probably question will be if one needs all the extra bells and whistles.

Best would be waiting a bit till some user reviews arrive after its reliese.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 12 2017, 04:26 AM
I'll be waiting till they hit the used market of course smile.gif Just hate paying the "new" price on gear. Does look like a cool bit of kit though smile.gif The used price should be somewhere around $500 or so, which is very reasonable considering it's all self contained and you don't have to buy a floor controller and what not. There is a line six floor controller that offers many of the same features and it's about $250 just by itself. It's meant to work with the helix but will work with anything midi. It looks a LOT like the headrush unit imho smile.gif

Attached Image

QUOTE (Mertay @ Jan 11 2017, 06:30 PM) *
Quick comparing the helix on paper does have more of everything compared to headrush but probably question will be if one needs all the extra bells and whistles.

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Jan 12 2017, 06:51 AM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Mertay @ Jan 11 2017, 10:30 PM) *

You're right about waiting of course. But it has an odd selection of amp models. It's a list you would expect to see in a modeler 15 years ago. It makes you wonder if they've actually made any enhancements to the 11R modeling or if they're just repackaging it.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 13 2017, 05:59 AM
Its mostly classic stuff I agree, smile.gif The Mesa IIC+ is always an amp that I can dig, if done well, same for a classic tweed or fender reverb. There are just certain amps that always seem to sound right in a mix. But yeah, I'm not seeing a Diezel or Panama in the selection or anything like that smile.gif I do think they have expanded on it as they have double amps, and you can do double amps and double cambs on the standard 11 rack. I wish though smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Rammikin @ Jan 12 2017, 01:51 AM) *
You're right about waiting of course. But it has an odd selection of amp models. It's a list you would expect to see in a modeler 15 years ago. It makes you wonder if they've actually made any enhancements to the 11R modeling or if they're just repackaging it.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 13 2017, 06:00 AM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 15 2017, 10:41 AM
Some interesting remarks in this video. No playing as he doesn't have the unit but worth watching.

Also the subscriber comments are interesting, one comment says
"I used to work for AVID. Headrush is lying. Not Chris not Hiro NONE of the original Eleven team has anything to do with this. InMusic got the Eleven code when they bought M-Audio and slapped it into a floor chassis that looks just like a Line6 Helix. Knowing In Music it will probably never get new amps or features and you'll all be stuck with a door stop. I love our Eleven Rack but this is a desperate cash grab trying to pretend a lot of hard working people are still working. Buy a used Eleven Rack or AX8 instead."
Obviously it could be total crap but it gets you thinking wink.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLr7cY5LYGM

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jan 15 2017, 03:11 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 15 2017, 12:02 PM
True or not good info, another reason to wait until having an idea what the market reaction will be.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Jan 15 2017, 04:45 PM
Experienced Rock Star
The first thing I did when I saw the claim the original team worked on this was look up Hiro and Chris on LinkedIn. The comment above is right, they are not working for Headrush.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 21 2017, 05:26 PM
I'm THRILLED Thy added a WAMMY Pedal and a HARMINATOR which were the two things I really thought the unit could use. Also, the steereo doubler and the ability to use TWO AMPS and TWO CABS (like I do in TH3) is a long wished for addition. I'm a huge fan of the tone of the 11 and the price. I gotta say, once these his the used market, I am gonna be looking for one smile.gif

I mean, I love the Kemper idea, but I"m a big fan of software editing patches and use a good bit of fx, so probly closer to an axe fx guy, but the problem there for me is that so many folks use them that I am starting to hear very similar tones from so many folks. Essentially the 5150 head ends up being the "Heavy" head for a lot of folks and so there is a lot is similarity on tone IMHO. Using something else, with an entirely different method of dsp and emulation, is attractive to me just to have a slightly different take on the tone. Also, cost. I stretch every penny on . gear and the value of a touch screen, enhanced, dual amp eleven is something that I could see having value for me. But again, just me wink.gif I'm an Ibby, Eleven kind of guy smile.gif

Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 21 2017, 05:26 PM

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Jan 21 2017, 11:18 PM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 21 2017, 04:26 PM) *
I am starting to hear very similar tones from so many folks. Essentially the 5150 head ends up being the "Heavy" head for a lot of folks and so there is a lot is similarity on tone IMHO.

With 250 amp models, each of which has infinite tweakability, plus an infinite number of cabinet IRs to choose from, plus the ability to combine multiple amps and cabinets...trust me, if you can't get a distinctive tone with an axefx, you just aren't trying smile.gif. I think you'd be surprised at the wide range of styles and tones it is used for these days.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 22 2017, 08:20 AM
I don't own an axe fx so it's pretty hard to try smile.gif I'm just talking about what I hear from people that use them typically, especially pros for some reason. Lot's of copycat tone it seems. I"m talking about Metal in particular. sad.gif

QUOTE (Rammikin @ Jan 21 2017, 06:18 PM) *
With 250 amp models, each of which has infinite tweakability, plus an infinite number of cabinet IRs to choose from, plus the ability to combine multiple amps and cabinets...trust me, if you can't get a distinctive tone with an axefx, you just aren't trying smile.gif . I think you'd be surprised at the wide range of styles and tones it is used for these days.

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jan 22 2017, 04:20 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 22 2017, 12:20 AM) *
I don't own an axe fx so it's pretty hard to try smile.gif I'm just talking about what I hear from people that use them typically, especially pros for some reason. Lot's of copycat tone it seems. I"m talking about Metal in particular. sad.gif

Because 1) it's relatively easy now to get a known good tone w/o a mic, w/o a decent room and hell - w/o a decent engineer and 2) Time is money - bottom line. 90% of guitar players are gonna go for a favorite tone. And if it's someone else's tone - whatever, it's 'novel' to them or they don't even realize it ... at least for a little while (if ever). Players are SO enamored with "how easy it is to get a good sound" (which is totally subjective and situation dependent) now that they forget about getting their sound or the band's sound or even just the track's sound. A lot of music producers are very guilty of this too.

When it's easy to get a good sound, most go the first 'good' sound they stumble on to. It's human nature except for the most creative, driven and dedicated. Innovation and creation is hard - in any endeavor, especially art.

*In the 80s and the 90s - two eras of 'BIG' guitar - it would usually take at least one whole day (8 to 12 hours) to just get tones experimenting with amps, cabs, mics, guitars, etc. Same for the drums. No one has the dough to do that anymore.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Jan 22 2017, 04:23 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:01 AM