Working On Rhythm And Timing
iamblackmo
Oct 29 2009, 04:47 AM
GMC:er
I have gotten to a point where I feel confident in my lead skills and need to focus on two major areas that are cramping my evolution as a guitar player. These areas are timing/rhythm and improvisation. I am not so worried about improving because the more lessons I learn, the greater my vocabulary of riffs and ideas: This leaves,

1) Timing and Rhythm
I learned how to read sheet music and score when I was in High School playing the saxaphone. I have pretty much forgotten everything I learned back then. What I recall though was playing the piece while keeping timing with the score.

I am having a HUGE problem with this while playing the guitar. I want to improve my timing and rhythm and what I have been doing is relying on guitar-pro tabs and following along with the score as the it plays the music.

This helps but I am hoping there are some other useful techniques or even lessons I can focus on. Particularly when it comes to placement and duration of notes while SOLOING. (I am OK when it comes to rhythm).

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:05 PM