Tip Of The Day #56, Andrew Cockburn
Bogdan Radovic
May 30 2010, 11:33 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Excellence in recording requires excellence in every step of the process. A song is only as good as the weakest part of it, so you need an excellent performance recorded on good quality equipment, at a good level and mixed well - never try and hide a poor performance in the mix - re-record it until it is perfect!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 31 2010, 09:51 PM
Instructor
I agree. The mix presents no hiding place. If the song is bad, it will be bad. If the song is good, the mix can be terrible and the song will still be good.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Oct 11 2010, 01:29 PM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
I agree with Ivan. A mix can add up to a great song. Now all we need is the radios and the TV to play it smile.gif But wait, there are so many bad and boring songs playing on the media, and those bands still go famous... there must be something wrong... tongue.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 29 2010, 05:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Zsolt Galambos @ Oct 11 2010, 01:29 PM) *
I agree with Ivan. A mix can add up to a great song. Now all we need is the radios and the TV to play it smile.gif But wait, there are so many bad and boring songs playing on the media, and those bands still go famous... there must be something wrong... tongue.gif

Industry today sad.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:49 AM