My Take On Canon Prog
Capt.Z
Nov 4 2008, 02:13 AM
GMC:er
Heres the link... CANON_ProG

Constructive critisism NEEDED!! I need it!!!

I wanted to put a backing track, but I just found that my subscription ran out today... sad.gif
And I couldn't do the sweeping part, so I changed it to tapping...

thanks. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

GMC IS TIGHT DAWG
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Capt.Z
Nov 4 2008, 01:19 PM
Please... I need someone to tell me what they think...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

GMC IS TIGHT DAWG

+Quote Post
Tolek
Nov 4 2008, 01:55 PM
Learning Rock Star
Well, let me say that this lesson is a heavy one. All respect to you that you started practising it. smile.gif

Now some criticisms. You should definitely work on your alternate picking - in that video you mainly do downstrokes. Downstrokes are used for heavy riffing (e.g. Metallica). Alternate picking (down-up, down-up...) is most often used leads, it gives a smoother sound and makes it easier to play fast stuff. I am sure that Pavel's AP lessons are really great for you.
A question: have you tuned your guitar? If yes, then do not bend your strings unconciously. Just keep the string in its initial position, that sounds much better, you'll see.
I see that your thumb looks what your other fingers are doing. biggrin.gif Keep it somewhere in the middle of the neck and you'll be able to fret much easier. However, if you play on the high strings, you can leave your thumb a bit higher.

Your vibrato is pretty good, but sometimes you bend your strings a bit too much. Keep your vibrato primitive, just like in the beginning.

I hope this helped. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Capt.Z
Nov 4 2008, 02:13 PM
thanks smile.gif

--------------------

GMC IS TIGHT DAWG

+Quote Post
superize
Nov 4 2008, 06:45 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
You also have to work on timing... It feels like what you are playing isent connected sometimes...

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Tolek
Nov 4 2008, 06:49 PM
Learning Rock Star
Ah, I forgot to say that. Thanks superize.

Capt. Z, you have to slow down and play to a metronome. Only when you feel really comfortable and it sounds fluent and you know the song by heart, you can speed up.

+Quote Post
superize
Nov 4 2008, 06:52 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
QUOTE (Tolek @ Nov 4 2008, 06:49 PM) *
Ah, I forgot to say that. Thanks superize.

Capt. Z, you have to slow down and play to a metronome. Only when you feel really comfortable and it sounds fluent and you know the song by heart, you can speed up.

Yeah your playing dosent sound fluent.... Dont rush it. It sounds better if its played slow and accurate rather then fast and sloppy

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Capt.Z
Nov 4 2008, 06:54 PM
thanks guys. I had the timing better with the backing track... I'll work on it smile.gif

--------------------

GMC IS TIGHT DAWG

+Quote Post
besip
Nov 6 2008, 01:32 AM
I'm know u are beginer like me smile.gif
it's isn't so bad for beginer like you but!!! you will be more bored becouse you not be able made it long time
i'm aslo pick on begining lot of hard lesson and till today i'm not done with them

I'm recomedet to you to take something realy easy and with lower speed...actualy as my first lesson i'm was pick David Am-Pentatonic...but today i'm still not able to play this on right speed becouse thetere is few speedy licks..whats made me trouble

actualy there is lot of them what you can made perfectly soon..

My first lesson where i'm was able to play on full speed was Gabriel John Frusciante
Then..i'm also Donne with Pavel Heavy metal 3 which is good sounding and easy stuff
and right now i'm also trying to made Trond slow soling lesson

Keep practising Man smile.gif
Rene

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Noangels
Nov 8 2008, 05:19 PM
Needs a lot of work bro,But keep at it and you will nail it:)

LOL at canon rock!not you but this craze in playing it!*shakes head*lol

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider

+Quote Post
Vinod Saranga
Nov 9 2008, 09:37 AM
Acoustic Instructor
It's great to have a video of you playing that.

I think I may give you an advice.

Practise with the metronome.Start with a slow tempo and keep a steady rythm.

Then gradually increase the tempo. smile.gif

I think you will do better with the backing track.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:55 AM