More Psychedelic Music!
Nihilist1
Jun 17 2012, 10:51 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
In my search for finding more atmospheric music, I came across a lot of things that I greatly enjoy. I foolishly thought some time ago that there weren't any interesting metal bands from the states that used a lot of atmospherics other than Krohm, Wolves in the Throne Room, Isis, and Agalloch. In this search I came across these two glorious groups(amongst others from the USA and around the globe). There are no screamed vocals here. Only heavy psychedelic music.

First up, we have Neurosis. They started back in the late 80's as a Hardcore/Crust Punk group, but they grew bored of their genre after a few releases and started experimenting. In this experimentation, they have created a lot of great music. Each album is quite different, and none of them are bad. The following is just a sample from my favourite album by them:

Next is a band named Minsk. I fell in love with them instantly. These two songs go in order and they create a gapless track. On this album they have a Native American feel which is only punctuated by the fact that there is a song titled Mescaline Sunrise. Mescaline is a potent version of Peyote - a hallucinogen harvested from cactus plants used by some Native American tribes to induce a religious experience.

Enjoy! If you took the time to listen, thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Jun 17 2012, 10:58 AM
Impressive !

Thank you !

Dieter

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
AdamB
Jun 18 2012, 11:12 AM
GMC:er
When the post said Psychedelic, I pictured this kind of thing:

+Quote Post
Marcost
Jun 18 2012, 11:32 AM
GMC:er
Ahhh Gong, blast from my past smile.gif Wet cheese delerium cool.gif

Steve Hillage was a great guitarist, unique style. Suggest Motivation Radio by Steve Hillage if anyone wants to check him out. Wearing a kaftan whilst listening is essential though. Pachouli oil optional.

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jun 18 2012, 12:22 PM
QUOTE (AdamB @ Jun 18 2012, 10:12 AM) *

I know what you mean, but I guess a more descriptive title would have been Psychedelic Influenced? I have a large musical library filled with a lot of psychedelic/prog music ranging from Aardvark to Zebra. Being a fan of metal, I try finding bands that combine the two quite well.

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Jun 18 2012, 04:20 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 18 2012, 04:24 PM
Instructor

Great music mate! Thanks for sharing!

QUOTE (AdamB @ Jun 18 2012, 07:12 AM) *

and I pictured this! tongue.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:27 PM