13 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Kaznie_NL, Uploads and Discussion
lcsdds
May 3 2009, 08:34 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ May 3 2009, 07:33 PM) *
Nothing tongue.gif Playing poker xD Holiday is over, but I'll keep working on the Lukather lesson (I want in perfect for a REC take). I'm planning on filming some entries for the REC program. They shuld include Volume Control Phrasing and Steve Lukather style. Maybe also jazzy bluesy phrasing from Piotr, it's not very hard, but sounds cool. Just to add some jazz wink.gif

Sweet Kaz....let me know if you need anything. Looking forward to seeing the Luke lesson in the REC. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
May 4 2009, 04:17 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (lcsdds @ May 3 2009, 09:34 PM) *
Sweet Kaz....let me know if you need anything. Looking forward to seeing the Luke lesson in the REC. smile.gif

Haha, met to tongue.gif But first... More practice! The fast runs have to go perfect!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
May 4 2009, 06:54 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Fast runs just went like crap... More luck tomorow I hope.

Edit: Language/skennington

Edit: Sorry wink.gif

This post has been edited by kaznie_NL: May 5 2009, 01:27 PM

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
May 8 2009, 06:11 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey Monte, I have a question tongue.gif

In the first fast Lukather run, the pentatonic one, Muris first descents and then ascents again. Now I watched and searched why it went so bad, and then I found Muris starts the ascending (D String) with an upstroke. Could you try out how it's possible I end up with a downstroke there? Insterting an upstroke does make it easier! I think it's somewhere in the 64th note slide.

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
lcsdds
May 8 2009, 07:06 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ May 8 2009, 06:11 PM) *
Hey Monte, I have a question tongue.gif

In the first fast Lukather run, the pentatonic one, Muris first descents and then ascents again. Now I watched and searched why it went so bad, and then I found Muris starts the ascending (D String) with an upstroke. Could you try out how it's possible I end up with a downstroke there? Insterting an upstroke does make it easier! I think it's somewhere in the 64th note slide.

I'll check it out this weekend Kaz.....I've never tried this lesson so I'll look at it and see how I would pick it. I've studied Muris's playing a lot and I notice he seems to like upstrokes a lot. I seem to favor downstrokes.....I'll check it out for you though.....\m/\m/

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
May 9 2009, 05:05 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (lcsdds @ May 8 2009, 08:06 PM) *
I'll check it out this weekend Kaz.....I've never tried this lesson so I'll look at it and see how I would pick it. I've studied Muris's playing a lot and I notice he seems to like upstrokes a lot. I seem to favor downstrokes.....I'll check it out for you though.....\m/\m/

This run just goes a lot easier starting with an upstroke, although the first note sounds a bit weird!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
lcsdds
May 9 2009, 05:08 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ May 9 2009, 05:05 PM) *
This run just goes a lot easier starting with an upstroke, although the first note sounds a bit weird!

If it's easier for you with an upstroke Kaz then use an upstroke. Why does the first note sound a bit weird?

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
May 10 2009, 01:47 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (lcsdds @ May 9 2009, 06:08 PM) *
If it's easier for you with an upstroke Kaz then use an upstroke. Why does the first note sound a bit weird?

not sound, just the feel tongue.gif to upstroke as first note, it feels weird tongue.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
May 10 2009, 02:21 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
So new take, just to check progres.. This is a full take, no overdubbing. I had three 'OK' takes, this one was the best. I experimented with the sound, and this is not the final result, to much chorus wink.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
kjutte
May 10 2009, 02:55 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ May 10 2009, 03:21 PM) *
So new take, just to check progres.. This is a full take, no overdubbing. I had three 'OK' takes, this one was the best. I experimented with the sound, and this is not the final result, to much chorus wink.gif

None of my business, but I would lessen the trebble, and add some more midds to that tone. Also you should work on vibrato.
Using bridge pickup in ballads usually sound a little too sharp, also.

sorry for butting inn Mont!

This post has been edited by kjutte: May 10 2009, 02:56 PM

+Quote Post
lcsdds
May 10 2009, 03:06 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I liked it Kaz....I agree with Kjutte as far as less treble and use your neck pickup. Also....I really think you should isolate bar 4 and 7 and really clean it up. It is the best take you have done so far though. Just details now. I agree with you too....lose the chorus....at least some of it. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
May 10 2009, 04:54 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (lcsdds @ May 10 2009, 04:06 PM) *
I liked it Kaz....I agree with Kjutte as far as less treble and use your neck pickup. Also....I really think you should isolate bar 4 and 7 and really clean it up. It is the best take you have done so far though. Just details now. I agree with you too....lose the chorus....at least some of it. tongue.gif

Yep that bar 4 is indeed not perfected tongue.gif About the vibrato, I thought it sometimes sounds kinda anoying smile.gif Maybe I should hold the note still and then apply vibrato, after a tiny second. Bar 7... The tapping lick? I thought that was ok... bit different timing from original, what's the critics here?

I think in order to play bar 9 and 10 I think I need to be able to play it even higher BPM, in order to get in fluid. Now there's to much space in between the notes, it should be all tied together. I think this is because there are some notes where you have to go from (for instance) 7th fret to 6th fret using the index finger, so a very fast slide!

The speed still troubles me... i want them perfect xD

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
lcsdds
May 10 2009, 05:06 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ May 10 2009, 04:54 PM) *
Yep that bar 4 is indeed not perfected tongue.gif About the vibrato, I thought it sometimes sounds kinda anoying smile.gif Maybe I should hold the note still and then apply vibrato, after a tiny second. Bar 7... The tapping lick? I thought that was ok... bit different timing from original, what's the critics here?

I think in order to play bar 9 and 10 I think I need to be able to play it even higher BPM, in order to get in fluid. Now there's to much space in between the notes, it should be all tied together. I think this is because there are some notes where you have to go from (for instance) 7th fret to 6th fret using the index finger, so a very fast slide!

The speed still troubles me... i want them perfect xD

I think I meant bar 9 & 10....the fast lick. The tapping lick sounds fine. I have found that if I need to play something...say 16th notes at 120....that I really try and get it to where I can play it at 140. That way when I drop down to 120 it is nice and comfortable. Give it a shot Kaz.....Really isolate bar 4....play it over and over and over........ biggrin.gif tongue.gif

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
May 10 2009, 08:19 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (lcsdds @ May 10 2009, 06:06 PM) *
I think I meant bar 9 & 10....the fast lick. The tapping lick sounds fine. I have found that if I need to play something...say 16th notes at 120....that I really try and get it to where I can play it at 140. That way when I drop down to 120 it is nice and comfortable. Give it a shot Kaz.....Really isolate bar 4....play it over and over and over........ biggrin.gif tongue.gif

mad.gif I just spend three hours playing bar 4!!! mad.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif Or not xD

I'll get on the speedy licks wink.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
May 15 2009, 07:13 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Monte!! I did nothing, and progressed a lot huh.gif huh.gif laugh.gif

Here's a new take. The first fast run is quite smooth, I tweaked the tone, and it's one full take.

LOL, it wasn't as good as I thought it was, so I made a new one, this is the first take!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
May 16 2009, 07:54 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=27495 tongue.gif

pls press HD

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
lcsdds
May 16 2009, 08:18 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I like your new Luke take Kaz...good job. Just keep working on it to keep cleaning it up. It was cool to see you do the Volume control Phrasing lesson as well....Cool to SEE you play. smile.gif Good job on that Kaz.....your playing has improved a lot.....especially your control. smile.gif How are your collabs coming?

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
May 16 2009, 10:57 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I'm only in Gab's collab. i love that BT, it's quite long and has a nice feeling. I think I should write some licks for it... That's just very hard for me wink.gif

BTW, the difference between how I played the volume control lesson and the Lukather lesson shows how the top of my technique, and the top of "good" sound lay apart quite far. You get what I mean? I mean like I can play the lukather style, which is at the top of my technique. It sounds sloppy and uncontroled. The volume control is not very hard control wise, but about on the top of where I can play things to record in one take, and make them sound good.

BTW, if you'd like to, I can do Brian May style and Hendrix style as well, I can play them, just haven't recorded wink.gif Camera recording is quite a hassle... Recorinding six time, finding the right track, finding the right part of the video, syncing... blablabla tongue.gif

This post has been edited by kaznie_NL: May 16 2009, 11:00 PM

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
lcsdds
May 16 2009, 11:51 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I get what you are saying about the "top of you technique". Tell me Kaz....how exactly do you practice the Luke lesson? Do you break it down into chunks? Do you play the whole thing over and over? If you break it down into chunks how many chunks and how long do you play each chunk? I am curious as to how you organize your practice time. I know you have said you don't like to do that but humor me and tell me how you do it anyways. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
May 17 2009, 02:28 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (lcsdds @ May 17 2009, 12:51 AM) *
I get what you are saying about the "top of you technique". Tell me Kaz....how exactly do you practice the Luke lesson? Do you break it down into chunks? Do you play the whole thing over and over? If you break it down into chunks how many chunks and how long do you play each chunk? I am curious as to how you organize your practice time. I know you have said you don't like to do that but humor me and tell me how you do it anyways. laugh.gif

haha...

Well If I'm playing on my room with Amp, I have no computer, so I just fiddle for an hour. I'm playing things I know the notes of, for instance the Luke lesson, and I improvise a lot. I should get some drum samples on a cD and play them on my CDplayer, that would be cool smile.gif

The most of my guitar time is behind the PC with GMC. I fiddle a bit, but I also practice lessons a lot. I try to do some recordings on the lukather style, I bail, I practice the fast runs, new record, bail again wink.gif That's about it tongue.gif I'm not really learning more scales, however I should, because I only know the first three boxes, and I use them a lot! I also need to study the fretboard and know every note on every position but.... I can't get myself to do that wink.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:06 PM