2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Domestic Violence, :(
SonofDestiny
Feb 1 2009, 08:06 PM
GMC:er
Hey guys.. I'm sorry, I'm gonna have to get personal on you all as well.

Ten minutes ago my mum and brother entered my room crying. My dad hit my twelve year old brother again with no reason and pushed my mum hard aside. It has been like that for a couple of years. My brother and dad just don't fit in one home (because my dad is a dumbass with an IQ below 60 and Asperger and my brother is a bit annoying sometimes). My mum tries to keep both sides happy, but there's no way to do that. My other brother is more like my father. Dumb, no empathy, somebody who just exists, but doesn't think about life. He's getting spoiled a lot by my dad. I love my brother though. Things are different with my dad. I really hate him. I swear, this isn't something caused by puberty. While my bro is getting beat up I'm just sitting here and I don't know what to do. Right now I just wanna walk down the stairs and make him deal with someone of his own size. See how he likes that. But I know that isn't the solution. Talking won't work either, because obviously he's always right.

Look... I'm sorry for posting this. I really am. But I have to get this out and get advice. I can't call the Domestic Violence Police for things will be a lot worse then. I just don't know what I can do... it's like this family is broken and never to be mended again. I never cared a lot, but now my mum started crying and told me she didn't know what to do... Man... Coherence in this story is far to found as well, so I'm going to stop.

Any advice is welcome guys..

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Wishlist: the world.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
utak3r
Feb 1 2009, 08:12 PM
Oh man...

There's no good advice here...
I know you sometime would want to give him a lesson, but it would be like you come to his level - and that would be bad, you just have to be better than that...
On the other side, bringing it out to the police would probably help physically, but it will end the family life - although all of you should think about it, if this life exists now... maybe it would be a good path?...
Keeping things as they are - well... it can go further and start to be really bad...

So, I just really don't know what to do. All you three should think about ending this whole thing - divorce?.... hm.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Machines don't bleed that easily...
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
Sondre
Feb 1 2009, 08:16 PM
If he is beating a 12-year old he should not be anywhere near him. I think you should call the police. You will still have your brother and mom?

I am sorry to hear about the situation, and I am probably not the best at giving advices in such a case.

+Quote Post
Mandos
Feb 1 2009, 08:21 PM
There is only one solution to this and that is to call the police and to move away from him. It is the only way for you to settle this, especially since you said that it wasn't the first time.

--------------------
[color="#808080"]Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Gothic with EMG 81 and 85, Crafter Acoustic, ESP LTD F-205

+Quote Post
Enucleation
Feb 1 2009, 08:26 PM
I know that you think it will only make it worse and maybe it will at first but call the police, it will be the best in long run.

I'm sure you are aware this isn't something to mess around with. More violence isn't going to solve anything it seems liek your dad really is dangerous. No family deserves this, please call the police. I'll be praying for you.

This post has been edited by Enucleation: Feb 1 2009, 08:27 PM

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Feb 1 2009, 08:27 PM
Hmm sad.gif Moving away seems the only option. Look, I'm thinking of living on my own. Dorms? Is that the word? Like where the students live. But I'm really really scared of what will happen to my brother and mother. It would suck a lot if I came home and they would both lie on the floor with their skulls bashed in. I know I'm exaggerating, but I'm really having these thoughts now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Feb 1 2009, 08:28 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Divorce is the key. Your father is a source of pain, sorrow and money for Your family. Divorce will limit all of these, but money the least most probably. Of course the decision isn't Yours... Living with an aggressive father is a bad thing, living without him is way better, and I know that from my own experience, even though there was no serious fighting in my home.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Enucleation
Feb 1 2009, 08:29 PM
That's exactly why you should call the police. A 12 year old can't defend against a grown man.

--------------------
Gear
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
Line 6 Spider Valve
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Feb 1 2009, 08:29 PM
Hmm sad.gif Moving away seems the only option.

I'm thinking of living on my own. Dorms? Is that the word? Like where the students live. But I'm really really scared of what will happen to my brother and mother. It would suck a lot if I came home and they would both lie on the floor with their skulls bashed in. I know I'm exaggerating, but I'm really having these thoughts now. This one time when I was younger my dad was angry and he pushed me off the chair. It wouldn't be killing on purpose, but had I fallen the wrong way I'd be pretty long gone.

And about the divorce... My mum couldn't handle it. She needs a lot of rest and she can't work fulltime and be the housewife. She would collapse within a week or two..

This post has been edited by SonofDestiny: Feb 1 2009, 08:34 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Feb 1 2009, 08:41 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Look, You are in a hard situation. Your mother will suffer more with Your father than without him ( most probably, again my experience and thoughts ). Of course it wouldn't be easy, but no one said it will be easy.. Your father would have to pay some money to the family, maybe the state would also give some help ( don't know how it works in the Netherlands ). Besides You could also help Your mother in the house/work part time.

I don't know what to say really... My father is an aggressive person, but he isn't dumb, the opposite he is darn intelligent and because of that he can be really "evil"... Years ago my mother wondered if she should divorce with him, but I was against it. I "wanted to have both mother and father". Women listen to their hearts to much sometimes, and so she did not divorce. How I wish it was different! Many wasted years, sleepless nights and all for nothing. Now we live apart, even though there was no divorce. It is much better than it was before. It brings many problems, but the effect is worth the effort...

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 1 2009, 08:44 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I don't have time right now to write a long reply though I wish I could.
A dad with no empathy and no knowledge of what his action does to others. Asperger can be inheritated so if your brother got it too, well... not a match made in heaven.

What your dad will understand is if you tell him next time you'll call the police. Able or unable to reason and understand consequences he's fully aware what he does isn't appreciated by the low enforcement.
You could tell him a thousand times to stop hitting your brother but that'll neber stop.

Can't tell you what to do though but appearantly he's leaving you alone though? So perhaps it's safe for you to tell your dad the consequences with the police if he continues.
I'm not sure he will care and just think you're goofing around so if you tell him, be prepared to make the call next time.

That's my advice. Could be awful, at least it's not professional. You could get professional advice you know, which will most certainly involve authorities too, but then atleast you got it from someone with training.

Ni kids deserve to be beaten up. What this does to your brother one can only guess. For certain is, if he has the same problem your dad does (hence no social interaction knowledge comes for free but must be learned and there are a full scale inbetween on and off ), is that he learns that fists > reason. And in the long run that could go very bad.

You, your brother and mother will feel a lot better without the abuse.

EDIT: And after calling the police the only way out may be moving away. Sounds like your mom is the only one with that problem. I think she could be brought to see it's important her kids are safe

This post has been edited by MickeM: Feb 1 2009, 08:54 PM

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Feb 1 2009, 08:44 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Very tough situation! Sorry to hear about it. Nobody wins with divorce but it might be a better option than the current situation. Wish I could be of more help.

+Quote Post
Enucleation
Feb 1 2009, 08:47 PM
I think MickeM is looking in the right direction. Personally I don't believe in divorce but it is a better solution than doing nothing. You need to call in some help man.

--------------------
Gear
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
Line 6 Spider Valve
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Feb 1 2009, 08:54 PM
Thank you guys so much. It means a lot!

I don't think I have the courage to stand up to my dad and tell him I'm going to call the cops on him if he does this again. Maybe I will have that strength next time.

I think the reason he leaves me alone is probably because I can take him. It's not like he likes me more or something. There's no way I can have a conversation about him if it's not functional. The only times we talk is when we have to eat or go somewhere. You know, I'm kind of realising that I may never have had a real dad. I mean.. what are your dads like guys? A lot of friends love their dads, have conversations with em.. What is it like to have a good dad?

Man.. my head is completely overcrowded right now. I'm so overwhelmed. Thanks a lot again for the comments, but I really have to go back to studying. Will read this topic later on tonight and reply.

This post has been edited by SonofDestiny: Feb 1 2009, 08:55 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
javari
Feb 1 2009, 09:14 PM
Als je broer minderjarig is kan je altijd naar jeugdzorg gaan en advies vragen.
Ze kunnen je in ieder geval op weg helpen...
Ook een wijkagent of een huisarts kan je op weg helpen. Een huisarts heeft beroepsgeheim, hij mag dus niets tegen anderen zeggen.
Ook bij de andere instanties kan je vragen om een vertrouwelijke behandeling.

Niemand kan van jou verwachten dat je zelf ingrijpt...

sterkte.

--------------------
Guitars: Fender US standard Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Amps: Fender Princeton Recording Amp, H&K Statesman Dual EL84
Effects: Pod XT, Keeley TS808, Keeley DS-1, RAT

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 1 2009, 09:17 PM
GMC Founder
By the sounds of it you have never really told anyone about what happens at home. I don't know if this is of any comfort to you right now - but what you have just done might be a turning point in you and your family's life.

However as MickeM said - none of us are professionals here. I am very scared of giving any sort of advice because you have a very dangerous person close to you.

What I can tell you is that anyone you tell your story to will encourage to as quickly as possible get out of your situation. Even if your family physically survives this - for the sake of your mental health you must find a way out of this.

Do you know anybody (at school etc) who you trust, and who you can tell your story to? This person could then connect you with the appropriate local authorities in the Netherlands. Because such a young child is involved - my guess is that this kind of case will be a top priority (that is how I hope things would work here in Sweden - although I have never tried the system with this kind of case).

Another way would be for you to Google a little bit and try to find a telephone number or email address to a contact person to the authorities close to you, if people get a chance to hear your story they will be able to help you.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Enucleation
Feb 1 2009, 09:18 PM
I'm glad that you are prepared to do what needs to be done, just stay prepared and try not to make excuses when the time comes (not saying you would but this is obviously a hard situation). I know that your family will get through this!

--------------------
Gear
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
Line 6 Spider Valve
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....

+Quote Post
Jesse
Feb 1 2009, 09:25 PM
Dude, dat is niet goed. Als je niet de kracht hebt om het hem te zeggen, vertel tegen je moeder dat je de volgende keer gewoon direct naar de politie stapt. Die zullen gelijk ingrijpen. Sterkte man, hoop echt dat het beter word, want dit kan zo niet langer.

English,

Dude, that's not right. If you don't have the strength to tell him directly, you could tell your mom that next time this happens your just going staight to the police, they will do something immediately, since it also involves an under-aged kid. Good luck man, I hope it gets better, because this can't go on any longer.

This post has been edited by Jesse: Feb 2 2009, 08:24 AM

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Feb 1 2009, 09:37 PM
Instructor
wow man, I´m really sorry.
I know violence is not the way but I´d wish go there and give him a lesson by myself! no body has permission to hurt people even if they are their own sons.
man, I think moving away is what you need. divorce is just a word, so talk with you mum about moving away from him. maybe to an uncle´s house or something like that, I dont know your posibilties.
but as kris said, contact with a person who is in charge of this kind of problems would be a solution.

This post has been edited by Lian Gerbino: Feb 1 2009, 09:43 PM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 1 2009, 09:38 PM
GMC Founder
Because of the sensitive nature of this topic as well as our forum guidelines I would like to ask Jesse and Javari to post in English so that moderators can understand your posts, thanks! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:19 AM