48 Track Daw With Plugins, On Tablet?
Todd Simpson
Nov 27 2013, 01:37 PM
GMC:er
I've been amazed more and more by the AURIA DAW app for iPad. 48 track DAW (recording/mixing up to 96khz) that runs plugins like my fav OVERLOUD sims and such. It goes beyond just using an amp like JAM UP PRO, you can have several tracks live at once and have OVERLOUD on track 1 and a clean guitar with compressor on track 2 to blend in the clean signal to give great pick attack. Then on track three you can have a different sim and blend that in as well. Then you can apply a reverb/compressor etc. to the master bus to glue it all together. So it's like doing a multi track recording session but being able to do it LIVE. It's stable as a rock. Never seen it crash. The iPad has no moving parts so it's a better option than a standard laptop for traveling. Here is a vid.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 27 2013, 02:36 PM
Instructor
It all looks like we don't need to care any gear for gigs anymore biggrin.gif Even the mobile studio is there....only thing that misses is Wi-fi mics and finger tip sized mics biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 27 2013, 07:11 PM
GMC:er
Now your talking! smile.gif I've seen BLUE TOOTH wireless mice but not wifi but I'm sure it will happen smile.gif

As for gigging, something like this could actually be a huge help for recording live shows. Even if it's just recording a stereo feed from the board. Easily portable, no moving parts, cheap, just flat out handy wink.gif

And also good for replacing a lot of heavy gear. smile.gif As long as good tone gets from the stage to the audience, I"m pretty flexible on what form the gear itself takes. But hopefully it's light enough to carry, and doesn't attract the attention of folks trying to rob the gear van smile.gif

This is imho the next wave of technology that will yet again change how the next crop of musicians thinks about "live" gear. It has already started with axe effects, and kemper, now it's miniaturizing to iPads. smile.gif The only bad news is that more folks will have to start using fake guitar cabinets on stage just to look cool smile.gif

Attached Image

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Nov 27 2013, 08:36 AM) *
It all looks like we don't need to care any gear for gigs anymore biggrin.gif Even the mobile studio is there....only thing that misses is Wi-fi mics and finger tip sized mics biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:03 AM