Abrsm Grade 2
Im here to succe...
Aug 7 2015, 09:21 AM
GMC:er
Hi guys, I've had a conditional offer from a music college, who have requested me to study Music theory to a Grade 2 standard (ABRSM).

I'm just wondering if anybody has any ideas where i should start? What book should i buy or what website should i visit?

Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klasaine
Aug 7 2015, 05:49 PM
I have no idea what that means in the UK but in the States, these are some of the texts ...

http://www.collegeboard.com/html/apcoursea...tbook_list.html

'Tonal Harmony' by Stefan Kostka is pretty standard fare ... http://www.amazon.com/Tonal-Harmony-Stefan...ony+edition+7th

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Arpeggio
Aug 13 2015, 07:38 PM
If you learn your key sigs and all the sharps / flats in them, then you've got the foundation behind many questions you come across (apart from of course, for example, purely rhythm based questions).

You should get this http://www.musicroom.com/se/id_no/010608/details.html There are also past exam papers and answers you can buy.

I think ABRSM stands for Associated Board of the Royal Society of Musicians......not Arses Bouncing in Really Slow Motion. I'm studying grade 5 ABRSM at the moment, don't tell them I said that.

This post has been edited by Arpeggio: Aug 13 2015, 07:41 PM

--------------------
Founder of new startup social network site that brings the good aspects of MySpace, Twitter and FaceBook together.

MyTwitFace.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 21 2015, 03:54 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, how is this going?

The first thing that you should ask is about the program and topics that you should cover. There are lots of great books about theory but having the details of the plan is fundamental to know where to start and end studying.

Even you could use our theory board to learn if you have it. Keep us updated about this.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Im here to succe...
Sep 4 2015, 08:19 PM
Hi, sorry for the late reply. Well it's going "ok" i suppose. I've been accepted by the college based on my playing ability which is great. I'm guessing i'll get a lot of help from them on my music theory and joining the course will give me the kick up the ass i need to learn music theory.

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Sep 12 2015, 04:11 PM
Learning Roadie
Would that be the Salford? I tried for the Popular Music and recording degree course about 20 years ago but didn't make it through the admissions tests, sight reading etc

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:28 AM