> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Him Style: Love Metal, Lesson By Gabriel Leopardi
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

Mith
Jun 3 2014, 07:09 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Original lesson: Him Style: Love Metal by Gabriel Leopardi

My First [REC] and also the first time me recording video.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I don't suffer from insanity, I love every minute of it
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 4 2014, 08:08 AM
GMC Founder
Awesome Mith, you did it! As mentioned in the chat video recording yourself is really essential to maximise progress.

I must say I am not familiar with the band, but judging from this lesson the biggest and most important aspect is understanding the arrangement which you have done.

Playing wise, the most obvious improvement point here is your vibrato - this is especially apparent at 01:00. A powerful melody such as this one should preferably have a powerful vibrato. Try to emulate Gab's arm and hand position, make sure the whole arm works, and try to achieve a wider and more even vibrato. Just like with any other technique you must practice this slow at first.

Improving this technique will be insanely useful for you, regardless of what you choose to tackle next.

Sound wise - there is quite a difference between you and Gab. If you want to come closer to Gab's sound you should have less distortion, less scoop (usually metal presets will 'scoop out' the middle frequencies), and a bit less treble as well to avoid that "digital" sound.

I liked your wide and fat clean sound.

All in all - this is very promising. Work on your vibrato and we will see your ability boost to another level!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 4 2014, 09:17 AM
Instructor
Hey man!

Welcome to the REC zone! I think that if you follow Kris' suggestions you will definitely get a better take smile.gif I don't have any other observations, so let's sum up the things a bit:

- vibrato - it needs to be more obvious and strong, but take care not to rush wink.gif Wide and smooth is the way to go here smile.gif
- getting closer to Gabi's distorted riff tone

All the best and looking forward to see your improved take!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Marius Pop
Jun 4 2014, 11:48 AM
Instructor
That was nice, man! Congrats!

Apart from what Kris & Cosmin suggested, I'd add one little important thing you should always be aware of: timing! Timing and the rhythmic feel is what makes the difference between great musicians and good musicians. You have a few parts where you rush the notes. Nothing flagrant, but focusing on this can take you far away! smile.gif Keep on rocking! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 4 2014, 01:57 PM
Instructor
Hi Mith! Congrats on your first take here!! I think that it is a very good first attempt. Kris marked the most important elements to focus on this one to make it sound better but also to improve your overall guitar playing.

The two main differences are vibrato and tone. The first one must be improved because it's a technique that you need to master, the second one... it depends on what you are looking for. I know your musical taste and the sound that you used is very close to the guitarists and bands that you like (more industrial, it reminds me to John 5), however if you want this video to sound like my lesson and like HIM, your sound needs some EQ adjustments.

We are already working at Gab's Army so let's continue the discussion there.

Keep on rocking!!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 5 2014, 11:32 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 7.5

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:12 PM