2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Figuring Out If You Want To Buy A Rhythm Or Lead Guitar
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 19 2013, 08:17 AM
Instructor
We all know that at one point in our musical journey, we have had this thought - should I get a lead guitar or a rhythm guitar? laugh.gif

I admit I had it when I was about 13-14 years of age and I was strongly admitting that Gibson is a rhythm guitar for certain laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bleez
Sep 19 2013, 08:27 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
That explains why I cant play face melting shred solos, I went and bought the wrong guitar laugh.gif laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Sep 19 2013, 09:25 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Sep 19 2013, 10:07 AM
GMC:er
I would never boy neither one of those 2 guitars laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Jouve
Sep 19 2013, 10:17 AM
Learning Roadie
When i started playing the gtr James Hetfield made me think that Explorer is for rhythm biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Sep 19 2013, 10:20 AM
Learning Rock Star
Haha biggrin.gif I don't know what I'd do if I was limited to one or the other. I love Fenders, but I've always been a Tele guy over Strats biggrin.gif I just love the whole look and feel of a nice Tele smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Sep 19 2013, 10:32 AM
Learning Roadie
The rhythm and lead guitar distinction is very important, it helps you justify more guitars to your wife!

'I'm looking to buy this awesome guitar'

But you already have that one there

Honey that is a rhythm guitar, this one is a lead guitar

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 19 2013, 11:28 AM
Learning Rock Star
laugh.gif

I sometimes wish I had bought a rythm guitar, cause apparently my guitars can't play rythm at all!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Sep 19 2013, 12:42 PM
I got a Spanish Guitar and its limited to Spanish music wacko.gif

+Quote Post
Jouve
Sep 19 2013, 01:23 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Headbanger @ Sep 19 2013, 11:42 AM) *
I got a Spanish Guitar and its limited to Spanish music wacko.gif

Even more. You got to be Spanish to play Spanish guitar, or it just won't work mellow.gif

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Sep 19 2013, 01:24 PM
QUOTE (Jouve @ Sep 19 2013, 02:23 PM) *
Even more. You got to be Spanish to play Spanish guitar, or it just won't work mellow.gif

Haha, u don't want to make Banger mad now wink.gif

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: Sep 19 2013, 01:25 PM

+Quote Post
bleez
Sep 19 2013, 03:10 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Jouve @ Sep 19 2013, 01:23 PM) *

biggrin.gif

maybe if you marry someone Spanish you'll be able to knock out a few chords on it..... although they will probably still be Spanish chords!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Jouve
Sep 19 2013, 03:14 PM
Learning Roadie
No offence Rod just kidding wink.gif

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Sep 19 2013, 03:31 PM
QUOTE (Jouve @ Sep 19 2013, 04:14 PM) *
No offence Rod just kidding wink.gif

mad.gif None taken!...Where exactly do you live in Russia Jouve ?laugh.gif

QUOTE (bleez @ Sep 19 2013, 04:10 PM) *
biggrin.gif

maybe if you marry someone Spanish you'll be able to knock out a few chords on it..... although they will probably still be Spanish chords!

laugh.gif I married someone Spanish...that would piss my British wife off big time!!

+Quote Post
Jouve
Sep 19 2013, 03:33 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Headbanger @ Sep 19 2013, 02:31 PM) *
mad.gif None taken!...Where exactly do you live in Russia Jouve ?laugh.gif

laugh.gif I married someone Spanish...that would piss my British wife off big time!!

biggrin.gif
I won't tell you cause these kind of questions make me think about the value of living smile.gif

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Sep 19 2013, 03:35 PM
QUOTE (Jouve @ Sep 19 2013, 04:33 PM) *
biggrin.gif
I won't tell you cause these kind of questions make me think about the value of living smile.gif

I would worry more about Slavenko....he's not called eraser for nothing laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 19 2013, 04:05 PM
Instructor
hahaha cool one. What about introvert guys like Hendrix that can solo like hell?? biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
klasaine
Sep 20 2013, 12:19 AM
When I was in high school there was kid that would ask me - when he saw my rectangular Fender case - "lead or bass?". It still cracks me up when I think about it.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 20 2013, 07:25 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jouve @ Sep 19 2013, 09:17 AM) *
When i started playing the gtr James Hetfield made me think that Explorer is for rhythm biggrin.gif

Yes!!!!!! God, I can't believe I wasn't the only one who was religiously thinking like that laugh.gif

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 19 2013, 10:28 AM) *
laugh.gif

I sometimes wish I had bought a rythm guitar, cause apparently my guitars can't play rythm at all!

Well, we'll make them learn that, right? biggrin.gif Why the hell did you get a 7 string if ya ain't riffin on it? laugh.gif

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Sep 19 2013, 09:32 AM) *
The rhythm and lead guitar distinction is very important, it helps you justify more guitars to your wife!

'I'm looking to buy this awesome guitar'

But you already have that one there

Honey that is a rhythm guitar, this one is a lead guitar

So there's a reason to it! Thanks man! I NEVER thought about that - because I ain't married probably laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 20 2013, 08:47 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 20 2013, 08:25 AM) *
Well, we'll make them learn that, right? biggrin.gif Why the hell did you get a 7 string if ya ain't riffin on it? laugh.gif

I used to back in the day. I've had the guitar for ten years and back when I bought it I played some more Dream Theater. And I actually specifically got it so I could play A Change of Season. I still think I can remember the first 7 minutes of it or so. tongue.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:32 AM