New Daw With Wads Of Vst Built In?
Todd Simpson
Mar 16 2018, 04:54 AM
GMC:er
IK Multimedia has released a new product -not a daw- ( called TOTAL STUDIO 2 MAX. They finally realized that they have wads of plugins, and need a way to package them. This is it. Thought it was a daw but it's not, it's really just a holder for all of their plugins. I still think the price is nuts, not matter what is included given that you could get a mac and logic for less money. Logic has most of this stuff built in which is what makes it so cool.

So what's the catch? COST!!! This thing is $1,000 for the full version!! OUCH!! Honestly I think that's nuts considering You can buy the Apple bundle of LOGIC X, FINAL CUT, MOTION, etc. for only $200.

It would honestly be cheaper to get a starter mac, like a Mac Mini ($500) and then get the Apple Pro Apps bundle @ $200 and be done for $700 including hardware to run it on.

I hope they realize that this is a good idea but crazy pricey and drop the price a bit or I don't think many folks will buy it. What do you guys think?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 17 2018, 11:48 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Mar 16 2018, 06:35 AM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 16 2018, 03:54 AM) *
IK Multimedia has released a new DAW ( sorta like reaper or cubase) called TOTAL STUDIO 2 MAX.

What do you guys think?

Are you saying you think it's a DAW?

As far as the price, it is priced similar to the only other comparable product: Komplete

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Mar 16 2018, 09:26 AM
Harrison mixbus is 19 dolars for the next 24 hours, if one wants some mojo on their recordings but don't want to deal with plug-ins/vst's it a perfect option and I don't think the price can go any lower;

https://harrisonconsoles.lpages.co/mixbus-sale/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Mar 16 2018, 10:34 AM
QUOTE (Rammikin @ Mar 16 2018, 06:35 AM) *

As far as the price, it is priced similar to the only other comparable product: Komplete

Same thoughts here!
There's no DAW included!!
This is just their range of VST's in 1 bundle! (Akin to Komplete!)
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 17 2018, 09:24 PM
Egad no daw!! A grand. Ouch.

QUOTE (Rammikin @ Mar 16 2018, 01:35 AM) *

I bought a copy a while back and it's a very nice piece of software. The best part is the SUMMING. It does a great job of emulating an analogue summing box. So some folks export stems and bring them in to this for the final export after summing. It's a great sounding daw and feels a lot like working on a harrison console which is what it's emulating. You can't beat the price smile.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ Mar 16 2018, 04:26 AM) *
Harrison mixbus is 19 dolars for the next 24 hours, if one wants some mojo on their recordings but don't want to deal with plug-ins/vst's it a perfect option and I don't think the price can go any lower;

https://harrisonconsoles.lpages.co/mixbus-sale/

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 17 2018, 09:23 PM

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Mar 18 2018, 03:21 AM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 17 2018, 08:24 PM) *
Egad no daw!! A grand. Ouch.

Yeah...I'm not sure where you got the idea that it's a DAW, but it's not. And the price is competitive with Komplete.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 21 2018, 01:16 AM
Read through the promo material to quickly the first time through sad.gif Was sure hoping it would be a daw, yeah it's priced about like complete, which is also a pinch krazy pricey to me. But it must sell smile.gif

QUOTE (Rammikin @ Mar 17 2018, 10:21 PM) *
Yeah...I'm not sure where you got the idea that it's a DAW, but it's not. And the price is competitive with Komplete.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:45 AM