7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Dragon force solo, Insane!
The Uncreator
Apr 16 2007, 02:31 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
No, like in early 2000's, when Herman Li decided he neeede to make his own band.
Atleast im pretty sure

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Apr 16 2007, 02:31 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
beebo
Apr 16 2007, 02:35 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Apr 15 2007, 05:31 PM) *
No, like in early 2000's, when Herman Li decided he neeede to make his own band.
Atleast im pretty sure

Wow I thought they started in the 80s they sound like it! blink.gif hmmm
thanks for the info

hey look it I now have

biggrin.gif!!100 REPLIES!! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 16 2007, 02:38 AM
Well i just looked on the back of my CD Case and there first album "Valley Of The Damned" Came out in 2003, so that should give ya a better idea

+Quote Post
beebo
Apr 16 2007, 03:39 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Apr 15 2007, 05:38 PM) *
Well i just looked on the back of my CD Case and there first album "Valley Of The Damned" Came out in 2003, so that should give ya a better idea

Oh ok thanks for the help! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
beebo
Jun 3 2007, 06:24 PM
IDK my BFF Jill? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 4 2007, 03:57 AM

+Quote Post
beebo
Jun 4 2007, 04:02 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jun 3 2007, 06:57 PM) *

i don't know I was bored and didn't have anywhere else to put it! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 4 2007, 05:38 AM
Fair enough smile.gif

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jun 4 2007, 06:36 PM
Lets go fishing!
I like dragonforce, for what they are, just a bit of fun to me. I know there not pro players yet, maybe later!
id MUCH rather see Paul Gilbert or Vai etc play of course, but i would mind see DF should i be given the chance smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
beebo
Jun 4 2007, 09:42 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Jun 4 2007, 09:36 AM) *
I like dragonforce, for what they are, just a bit of fun to me. I know there not pro players yet, maybe later!
id MUCH rather see Paul Gilbert or Vai etc play of course, but i would mind see DF should i be given the chance smile.gif

oh really! Wow i'd take herman over em maybe! but u look at Sam's tapping skills!
CRAZY! He is so skilled at that I wish he could teach me! wub.gif
p.s. no offense kris!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 5 2007, 04:41 AM
A Dragonforce show is a very fun thing to go to, ive seen em twice, fantastic times biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
beebo
Jun 5 2007, 04:07 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jun 4 2007, 07:41 PM) *
A Dragonforce show is a very fun thing to go to, ive seen em twice, fantastic times biggrin.gif

really do they go nuts

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 5 2007, 08:16 PM
Yeah there pretty fun to watch, they run around alot, do alot of guitar tricks and whatnot, and also, they drink a hell of alot as well, or atleast sometimes, the first show they drank quite a bit on stage, and yeah they were drunk, but they still played pretty dam good, second time, i barely saw them drank, and there performance was top knotch.

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Jun 10 2007, 05:32 PM
QUOTE (InstruMental Case @ Feb 7 2007, 03:49 PM) *
Yeah, I basically practice like other people go to school. By that I mean I home school by correspondence, so I only have to spend about two hours on my textbooks a day, and the rest I’m free to practice, workout, make stupid videos, or whatever. More recently I’ve been trying to do a full-time practice schedule that covers most of the techniques I want to get good at. So I’ve been waking up at around 6am, starting practice by 7, and then practicing until the evening. But it’s a difficult schedule to maintain, and my right hand has really started to hurt sometimes.

I think Herman Li is actually a really talented guitarist, but it's Sam that ruins everything and is what causes everyone to think they suck live. I saw them live earlier this year and Herman Li did his part of Through the Fire and Flames very well then Sam comes in and screws everything up for the rest of the band. Trading off guitar soloes are really hard to do and the only bands I've seen that can do it well is Megadeth, and Lynyrd Skynyrd.

This post has been edited by shellshock1911: Jun 10 2007, 05:35 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 11 2007, 03:46 AM
Iron Maiden Do my favorite trade-offs ever.

+Quote Post
Joe-Diddle
Jan 24 2008, 08:11 AM
Dude, I'm sorry.

Fu*k Youtube.

I saw Dragonforce last year; 17th May 2007 in Brisbane. They where unbelievable.

Every song was nailed perfectly. Guitarists didn't hit a bad note, infact - the only mistake was the drummer during Operation Ground and Pound.

They ran, they jumped, they span, they drank a [lot], and played perfectly.

Screw the bandwagon haters, they rule.

P.S - Yeah, there are some pretty horrific videos on Youtube to be fair, but hey, that Brisbane show overshadows anything.

Edited for language - Andrew

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Jan 24 2008, 02:00 PM

+Quote Post
Duncan
Jan 25 2008, 03:23 PM
I'm with Pavel really on Dragonforce. I loved their demo, and 'Valley Of The Damned'. I saw them live years ago now (maybe 2004?) and they were absolutely awesome. For starters their guitars were actually in tune. They completely blew me away. Now though, the new album is god awful, every live performance they do is god awful (with guitars out of tune, Sam clearly drunk, solos sound like crap). They've just got too big for their boots now. They've got a load of new fans new to the genre who think they are gods, when they aren't. They need to sober up, get over the idea that they don't need to practise to put on a good live show, and stop making songs that sound the same.

Mind you Trail Of Broken Hearts is a brilliant power metal ballad.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 25 2008, 04:35 PM
Awful band that ruined it for themselves. I saw them long long ago when they supported WASP in the UK and since that gig they've been getting progressively worse with each album and they are so messy with their guitar playing. They need lessons off Vai and Gilbert as those guys have accuracy of possibly 95% plus. Dragonforce are lucky to get 70% accuracy and their sweeping is terrible.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 25 2008, 04:42 PM
And Marty Friedman shows them how its done in that video earlier. smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jan 25 2008, 11:58 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jan 25 2008, 09:42 AM) *
And Marty Friedman shows them how its done in that video earlier. smile.gif

which video? i wanna watch tongue.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:47 AM