2 Pages V  < 1 2  
What's The Hardest "easy" Lesson You've Found On Gmc?
kjutte
Apr 21 2009, 07:58 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Apr 21 2009, 08:41 PM) *
I like the idea, but try not to look at lesson difficulty very much when searching something to practice.

+1

often a 7 can be a 4 varying from instructor to instructor.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Apr 21 2009, 08:07 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
Great idea!!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Artemus
Apr 21 2009, 10:12 PM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
Average member level ratings. That is a very good idea - I must have missed that thread.
I whole heartedly agree that the Muris sweep exercise is a little bit of an eyebrow raiser when you notice it's a level 3. In some respects I can see how it is considered an "easier" sweep pattern but to me the easiest sweeps are those where it's one string in one direction and the same in the other (ie for a three string sweep, up up up down down down). However Muris' lesson includes a change in direction so that you have to kinda skip past a string (not play it twice) either on your way up or down, whichever your preference. So to do that at 160bpm semiquavers takes a lot of work to do cleanly.
Perhaps the 1 string/direction kind of sweep would be a level one ?!? tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Artemus: Apr 21 2009, 10:13 PM

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Apr 21 2009, 10:55 PM
Instructor
Having rating by members would help but not entirely
cause you just can't have 100% correct rating,
it's just a rough guide and varies from person to person. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
kjutte
Apr 21 2009, 11:05 PM
GMC:er
Personally I feel that kris himself should rate every lesson.
Member rating- I think the ratings would be too high,

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Apr 21 2009, 11:10 PM
Learning Tone Master
Agree

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.

+Quote Post
vampire18
Apr 22 2009, 12:39 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Apr 21 2009, 11:55 PM) *
Having rating by members would help but not entirely
cause you just can't have 100% correct rating,
it's just a rough guide and varies from person to person. smile.gif

the fact that it varies from person to person is just the problem that an average solves. i mean the ratings by definition isn't how hard it was for the instructor because obviously most lessons are not very hard for them. if all the very good gmcers give it a low grade and all the beginners give it a high grade what we get is what an average gmcer would think of this lesson. obviously it wont be a 100 percent accurate measurement of how hard a lesson is but its the closest i think we can get.

btw
i agree with your ranking of the sweeping lesson because learning the two shapes is 10 minutes or something and assuming i know the right motion of sweeping its just a matter of doing it a million times until im up to tempo. its all about ingraining the shape in my muscle memory. there is no real thinking or anything involved just time consuming.
(just to clarify:no, i cant sweep up to that tempo)

This post has been edited by vampire18: Apr 22 2009, 01:07 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Apr 22 2009, 09:22 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (kjutte @ Apr 22 2009, 12:05 AM) *
Personally I feel that kris himself should rate every lesson.
Member rating- I think the ratings would be too high,

True, then we have one line. Then maybe it's not the same as it is now, but it would be more clear, because there's just one person rating!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Apr 28 2009, 01:46 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Just checked out this song/lesson again and rememberded this thread when I saw the difficulty tongue.gif I mean...come on...that ending shred is just.. blink.gif and...level 4!?!? blink.gif laugh.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...-vision-lesson/

--------------------

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Apr 28 2009, 01:57 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Dexxter @ Apr 28 2009, 08:46 AM) *
Just checked out this song/lesson again and rememberded this thread when I saw the difficulty tongue.gif I mean...come on...that ending shred is just.. blink.gif and...level 4!?!? blink.gif laugh.gif

I think we may have a winner. ohmy.gif

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Apr 28 2009, 02:05 PM
Instructor
I like the idea to have members rate the level of lessons.
Of course ratings are going to be very different due to the fact that we all have our strengths and weaknesses, but it might be helpful...

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Joruus
Apr 29 2009, 04:27 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Dexxter @ Apr 28 2009, 02:46 PM) *

I think this one is rated 4 because you can learn the beginning as a beginner:
"The way we constructed this song allows you to practice it as if it where a lesson series -
starting from beginner level and ending with advanced techniques"

For Rec it should have a higher rating though, since you'd need to play the whole song tongue.gif

--------------------
Gear:
Guitars: Ibanez Jem 7vwh, Ibanez RG 350 DX, Gibson Les Paul Studio
Effects: Line 6 PODxt + FBV MKII Express pedal
Amp: Line6 SpiderIII 15

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Apr 29 2009, 05:43 PM
Instructor
I agree with you guys. It would be cool for members to rate lesson difficulty one way or the other. At the end of the day it all comes down to practicing - lesson rating is just personal reference, nothing more nothing less.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:50 PM