2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Pod X3 With Metronome?
muntahunta
Apr 11 2008, 05:39 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Apr 11 2008, 05:03 PM) *
Ok, not sure where you ended up with that smile.gif but let me clarify:

Gearbox the app for managing your patches and other stuff is free.

Gearbox the VST plugin (basically a POD but in your sequencer) is very much NOT free.

They are called the same thing and even download together but do very different things ...

yea i got there in the end tongue.gif
i didnt really look for gearbox as i always thought there was 1 version of it lol.
ive got it now, its actually pretty cool.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Apr 11 2008, 08:44 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Apr 11 2008, 02:41 PM) *
Hi Matt smile.gif

The best possible thing to do is to set up your pod with a decent amp and speakers completely separate form your computer if at all possible - this will make a much btter recording and monitoring environment. When you do this you can ditch your existing soundcard if you want as the pod acts just like a soundcard (assuming you have plugged in the USB cable). You should also use the USB cable for recording, not the input on your soundcard as this will give you much better quality.

Regarding Gearbox - its a piece of software that lets you setup patches on the pod a lot more easily than using the controls on the unit itself, and again it works through the USB cable. Its a free download to pod owners so you should definitely check it out, and as other have said it also has a metronome.

Hope that helps!

hi Andrew ! thanks for your help.

Could you recommened me and amp and speakers for my pod? or point me in the right direction? smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 11 2008, 10:16 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Well, you could do worse than just hook it up to a pair of active monitors - whats your price range? You can pay anything from 100 quid to 100,000 !

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Apr 11 2008, 10:29 PM
Lets go fishing!
Say £100 - £200 smile.gif I mainly use the pod for practice, but im keen to start recording ASAP ! biggrin.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 11 2008, 10:58 PM
The good news is that there is a lot of choice at this price point -

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/fl...product_id/2676

Check these out, but also look below for all the a;ternatives - I like Alesis and Genelec in that price range (though I am not an expert by any means), also M-Audio generally get good writeups smile.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Apr 12 2008, 03:17 PM
Learning Roadie
a keyboard amp is a good investment, their usually flat so theres no EQ changes to the POD

--------------------
Guitars:
Effects:
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 12 2008, 04:34 PM
QUOTE (muntahunta @ Apr 12 2008, 10:17 AM) *
a keyboard amp is a good investment, their usually flat so theres no EQ changes to the POD

Yep, keyboard amps would be great for playing this thing live through as you need a flat amp - for recording though monitors are probably better - ideally you would want both!

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Apr 12 2008, 07:24 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Apr 11 2008, 10:58 PM) *
The good news is that there is a lot of choice at this price point -

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/fl...product_id/2676

Check these out, but also look below for all the a;ternatives - I like Alesis and Genelec in that price range (though I am not an expert by any means), also M-Audio generally get good writeups smile.gif

Those look great! do they just plug into the left and right outputs on the Pod ? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 12 2008, 07:36 PM
Yep, thats pretty much it smile.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Apr 15 2008, 08:04 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Apr 12 2008, 07:36 PM) *
Yep, thats pretty much it smile.gif

thanks andrew! Just one last question. If i purschase say, Cubase for example - how does the software know to use the USB interface on the pod? do i need a special driver etc? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Apr 15 2008, 08:26 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Apr 15 2008, 08:04 PM) *
thanks andrew! Just one last question. If i purschase say, Cubase for example - how does the software know to use the USB interface on the pod? do i need a special driver etc? smile.gif

the POD comes with drivers, or if they dont you can get them using Line6 Monkey which will download the ASIO driver... it may have a little lag on it though, it all depends on the entire setup of the computer.

i use a m-audio delta-66 instead of the USB. i get no lag whatsoever. i get alot of lag using USB, however my computer is very outdated so it may not effect you

--------------------
Guitars:
Effects:
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 15 2008, 08:50 PM
Absolutely, ASIO is the way to go as Muntahunta says - but don't spend a fortune in Cubase if you don't want to - I am a fan of Reaper as you probably know wink.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Young Guitarist
Jun 15 2008, 10:59 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Bogdan @ Apr 10 2008, 02:06 AM) *
Nothing though beats the old school one smile.gif
And it gets pretty loud wink.gif

Nothing beats that one... cool.gif

--------------------
Rock On!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:00 PM