Funk Rock Colaboration, FINAL MIX & COMMENTS
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Aug 27 2009, 09:37 PM
GMC:er
Attached File  Funk_FINAL_MIX.mp3 ( 7.39MB ) Number of downloads: 296

These it is the final mix and comments of the Funk rock collaboration, thanks to all for his participation

Dexxter (0:00 to 0:56): Excelent solo!!. A very nice show of a solo that could surely be part of a song, not only an example of virtuosity that doesn’t say too much. You have to know how adapt yourself to the different styles and the needs of the songs (Or the backing track in this case) and I think that you got the idea perfectly. There’s nothing to correct. I’m very glad and happy to see your progress

Toroso (0:56 to 1:49): The idea of working on a melodic pattern and variations on them as I think you tried to do in this solo is very good. You have to check out some things. In one hand, I’ve noted some out of tune of your guitar. It could be not only that your guitar is out of tune, could be also problems of calibration or very old strings. Technically, the idea es nice, but you have to work on your vibrato and bendings, because you don’t reach the exactly note you have to reach when bending. Working on these details, the solo would be much better

Leedbreak (1:49 to 2:41): Very nice the main idea and without rhythmic or technical problems. What I already noted is that the idea turns quite repetitive and sounds more like a singed part than a solo. As a beginning is perfecto, but maybe you should fly a little more along the solo and expand with other ideas and scales (as the ones I marked at the beggining of this collab). Although, the idea is perfect, and maybe, as you said, it was just a matter of time.

JVM (2:41 to 3:33): The first thing that I noted when I heard your solos is that you have to work more on the bendings tune and vibratos. The idea is good and your tone is very nice too, in the style of Santana or something similar, but you have to add some sustain I think. To sum up, you should work on what I marked previously and you would get a so much better result of the solo.

Staffy(3:33 to 5:19): The idea and the combination of scales is excelent. You catched the posibilites you can execute inside every chord and you combined them perfectly, reaching an equilibrium between disonant and chords note. Technically there’s not too much to correct, but you should mute a little more the strings when you’re playing with distortion, so those little noises when you’re playing don’t appear. Excelent work!!

Enforcer: Very nice job. I liked a lot how you applied techniques without leaving behind the feeling that these kind of styles requiered. Also, the tune of your bednings and Harmonics is very good. The only thing you should work is on vibrato (It has to be more marked on these “more rocker” styles).

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Aug 27 2009, 10:10 PM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (Santiago Diaz Garces @ Aug 27 2009, 10:37 PM) *

Dexxter (0:00 to 0:56): Excelent solo!!. A very nice show of a solo that could surely be part of a song, not only an example of virtuosity that doesn’t say too much. You have to know how adapt yourself to the different styles and the needs of the songs (Or the backing track in this case) and I think that you got the idea perfectly. There’s nothing to correct. I’m very glad and happy to see your progress

Wow, I didn't think this would be my comment.. Thanks a lot Santiago! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
enforcer
Aug 27 2009, 10:14 PM
Thanks Santiago,

Yeah my weakest point is still that vibrato... I just cant get it right, I play more aggressively and it passes the note aimed and becomes erratic, and I calm down a bit, it becomes less significant... I am really lost about that matter. I dont know what I will do...

Great collab by the way biggrin.gif

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
Toroso
Aug 28 2009, 02:44 PM
Thanks Santiago, yes, yes, always with the bendings and vibrato. More practice!

Actually the strings are new, but it is a new guitar and I replaced the 9s with 10s when I changed out the pups. Probably could use some adjustment to intonation. Weekend project.

Thanks for the collab, very nice backing. Maybe I'll post another take after I adjust my git. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Toroso: Aug 28 2009, 04:10 PM

--------------------
Live well, and live often!

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Aug 28 2009, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the comments and effort. Not my best work, but very fun to play around with. I seem to be way too loud over the backing in the final mix mellow.gif

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Aug 28 2009, 03:34 PM

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 28 2009, 03:44 PM
Instructor
Really cool collaboration, all the takes were great! smile.gif Great job on the comments Santiago! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 28 2009, 10:58 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks for your comments Santiago, and the collab, everyone had a great take I think smile.gif

I think actually my guitar may have been a bit out of tune when I recorded, I wasn't really thinking about it when I did, but I agree my bending and vibrato could use a bit more work! As far as my tone, hopefully soon I'll be recording collabs straight from my amp so the tone should improve a ton.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Aug 30 2009, 08:35 PM
Glad you like the mix guys. I hope to see you all on the next one. Soon to come! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Aug 30 2009, 08:43 PM
Instructor
Nice mix Santiago. There are some really cool takes. Well done guys

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:35 AM