2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Learn Reaper
Mertay
Nov 30 2019, 09:04 PM
GMC:er
V6 is near release so it might be a good time for those who hasn't tried yet start discovering and understand why we suggest it so often.

https://www.reaper.fm/videos.php

Start with "reaper 5 explained" section video's, likely you'll learn most of what you'll need from the intoduction video itself. I remember years ago these were for sale but now can be watched free;

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mertay: Nov 30 2019, 09:06 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 30 2019, 10:06 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I can't really set what they can do to improve it for the kind of videos we do here. I love it, not hard to learn and not loads of clicking like some of the big boys.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 1 2019, 08:28 AM
Advanced (looks easy though...) application example, a friend of mine is testing mixing music with this tech. these days;

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 1 2019, 10:27 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Yeah, looks good but I doubt I'll ever use it, Reaper is amazing value for money though.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 3 2019, 03:28 AM
Agreed, best value for money of ANY daw on the market right now. You can get started for free with a PRO quality daw and pay just a little to have that nag screen go away. Before reaper there really wasn't a pro level option that you could get started on for FREE IMHO. There was Pro Tools Free but that has some serious limitations and it's vastly more complicated and harder to learn than Reape IMHO. It's just not that user friendly. I"ve taught REAPER and PRO TOOLS at the collegiate level (Art Institute of Atlanta)and have seen how hard people struggle with pro tools where they just jump right in to repaer and start making music.

Todd
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 1 2019, 05:27 AM) *
Yeah, looks good but I doubt I'll ever use it, Reaper is amazing value for money though.

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Dec 3 2019, 04:11 PM
Learning Roadie
The producer Kenny Gioa has a great youtube channel for Reaper and also creates paid courses for it with Groove 3.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Dec 3 2019, 06:11 PM
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Dec 3 2019, 04:11 PM) *
The producer Kenny Gioa has a great youtube channel for Reaper and also creates paid courses for it with Groove 3.

+1. Kenny's vids are very informative!!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 4 2019, 07:34 AM
V6 is released cool.gif

https://www.reaper.fm/download.php#whatsnew

https://dlz.reaper.fm/userguide/R600up005.pdf

This post has been edited by Mertay: Dec 4 2019, 07:46 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 4 2019, 10:39 AM
Learning Rock Star
Just downloaded v6. Got a bit confused, but there's a learning curve with every "new" DAW (I used to use Reaper 5 up untill just now).

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 4 2019, 11:14 AM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Dec 4 2019, 09:39 AM) *
Just downloaded v6. Got a bit confused, but there's a learning curve with every "new" DAW (I used to use Reaper 5 up untill just now).

Mine opened tracks without any visible controls biggrin.gif

Just hover mouse to right edge of track then expand the tracks length

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 4 2019, 02:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Mertay @ Dec 4 2019, 12:14 PM) *
Mine opened tracks without any visible controls biggrin.gif

Just hover mouse to right edge of track then expand the tracks length

Haven't had the energy or time or need to look into it yet, but maybe I will soon smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 4 2019, 05:38 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 8 2019, 10:23 PM
Watched 6 vid.s today on tutorials, wasn't as boring as I thought they would be smile.gif

-I set youtube playback speed to 1.25 as I'm already fluent on other DAW's, but a beginner shouldn't do this.
-He gives menu (preferences) adjustment advice's for reaper, so even a pro should watch them. Even basic things can have surprising approaches in reaper if one is willing to be fast with it.
-I took notes for key commands while watching video's (better than looking at manual). When completed these will help me faster if I forget anything.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 9 2019, 06:19 PM
Finished first 15 vid.s smile.gif

I took notes, tested (even adjusted) some stuff opening reaper...I checked and till now it took me only 4 hours, this is nothing compared to learning guitar biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 10 2019, 01:36 PM
Video with reaper; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHcjUEOfAA0

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 11 2019, 02:47 AM
I'm sure it will be even better in the next version. I'm glad to see video integration is getting better and better in reaper.
Todd
QUOTE (Mertay @ Dec 10 2019, 08:36 AM) *

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 11 2019, 08:51 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 11 2019, 01:47 AM) *
I'm sure it will be even better in the next version. I'm glad to see video integration is getting better and better in reaper.
Todd

I liked the fact that one's mix doesn't have to be bounced for video creation. Do you bounce your videos from program or DAW? cause made me think maybe bouncing from DAW can preserve better audio quality (as mix summing is happening there)?

I also made the sws upgrade (snapshot feature really got to me!!!) for reaper and learned about them. Now will give a short break to finish day jobs till weekend, then hopefully when re-reading my notes I'll grasp quite a bit.

The hard part will be the scripts, currently there are almost 1300 amazing stuff (reapack) smile.gif during that I'll probably design my custom action commands.

For those who doesn't know what SCRIPT for reaper is; Its like a plug-in in DAW but instead imagine as app.'s for reaper. It can be anything small or big, I even saw a chord tool ( https://www.admiralbumblebee.com/ReaperScri...d-tool---thread ) . Here's a list made from 2017;

https://www.admiralbumblebee.com/ReaperScripts.html

This post has been edited by Mertay: Dec 11 2019, 09:51 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Dec 12 2019, 03:34 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Man, I really need to update reaper and get back up to speed. Not that I really had a complete grasp of it before. I really only had the basics of it which I image is still fairly the same , or maybe not. huh.gif

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 12 2019, 10:07 AM
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Dec 12 2019, 02:34 AM) *
Man, I really need to update reaper and get back up to speed. Not that I really had a complete grasp of it before. I really only had the basics of it which I image is still fairly the same , or maybe not. huh.gif

I don't think it will be a problem, the vid.s I watched were made in 2016 and didn't notice much difference (menu options are a bit even cleaner now).

Even with the most basic usage (like recording a solo over backing track) the take system also is awesome.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 13 2019, 12:43 AM
I export audio from my daw then pull it in to adobe premiere. I do like the video integration features! I'll have to give it a go!
Todd
QUOTE (Mertay @ Dec 11 2019, 03:51 AM) *
I liked the fact that one's mix doesn't have to be bounced for video creation. Do you bounce your videos from program or DAW? cause made me think maybe bouncing from DAW can preserve better audio quality (as mix summing is happening there)?

I also made the sws upgrade (snapshot feature really got to me!!!) for reaper and learned about them. Now will give a short break to finish day jobs till weekend, then hopefully when re-reading my notes I'll grasp quite a bit.

The hard part will be the scripts, currently there are almost 1300 amazing stuff (reapack) smile.gif during that I'll probably design my custom action commands.

For those who doesn't know what SCRIPT for reaper is; Its like a plug-in in DAW but instead imagine as app.'s for reaper. It can be anything small or big, I even saw a chord tool ( https://www.admiralbumblebee.com/ReaperScri...d-tool---thread ) . Here's a list made from 2017;

https://www.admiralbumblebee.com/ReaperScripts.html

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:43 PM