Hey Computer Guys...is This Graphics Card An Upgrade From What I Have?
Praetorian
Nov 27 2008, 02:57 AM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
I currently am running two Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS cards 512 meg each pci-e in SLI...would swapping them both out for this card be an upgrade in performance?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...atchlink:top:us

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AlexLion
Nov 27 2008, 09:43 AM
GMC:er
Here is review of your current card`s 8600gts and 9400 which you want 9400gt smile.gif there is a button "how fast would your PC be with GeForce 9400GT" in right side so i suggest you check it smile.gif only they have 9400Gt 512mb (standart) so results will be weaker of course. IMHO-there will be only a slight update, so it`s not really worth it. I suggest check for something more powerful if you really want to "feel" the change of performance wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Pavlov
Nov 27 2008, 10:35 AM
It's a minor upgrade, but not really worth it. Try getting at least a 9600GT with at least 512MB. Those shouldn't cost you too much, and are much better than the 8600GTs and will run all the latest games well (depending on your other specs, of course).

I'm not a big fan of SLi personally. If you want an amazing improvement, go with an 9800. Other than that, the 9600 will suit you just fine.

This post has been edited by Pavlov: Nov 27 2008, 10:36 AM

+Quote Post
ParalyzedHorse
Nov 27 2008, 10:57 AM
NO, that is not an upgrade at all. The 8600 is like twice as fast as the 9400. To be honest, you shouldn't be running two 8600 in SLI in the first place. One 8800 by itself is more than twice as fast as an 8600. Also, you can also buy the 9800 now for 99$, which is about 30% faster than the 8800.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814127379

Here is a comparison that i found

http://common.ziffdavisinternet.com/util_g...i=193371,00.gif

If the 9400 were on that chart, it would score around 2000

hope this helps smile.gif

This post has been edited by ParalyzedHorse: Nov 27 2008, 08:26 PM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 27 2008, 09:16 PM
Instructor
I agree with Horse, you should aim for 9800GT instead of those two, and swap them fast before the prices really plummit.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:18 AM