Mesa Boogie Mark Iic+
Todd Simpson
Oct 1 2014, 05:32 AM
GMC:er
I'm a "modeler" type of guy and yet I keep finding myself searching for a MARK IIC+ preamp to add to my rack. This despite the fact that my 11 rack does a fine job of emulating that very same amp. It does such a good job in fact, it makes me want to have the real thing smile.gif

Anyone else done that? Started with the emulation and drifted to the real thing instead of the other way around?

Theres one one ebay for $350! Killing me.
Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Yash
Oct 1 2014, 11:04 AM
Get it !! Mark IIC+s are awesome. but from what I know, they seem to be inconsistent. Some sound better than the others. I am a total IIC+ sound fan. biggrin.gif After I get 4 decent electric guitars in my line up (which are the Jackson, an Epiphone Prophecy Les Paul Custom, PRS SE Custom 24 and a Fender Strat with Ash body and maple neck) and 2 acoustics (a 6 string and a 12) I'll start saving up for a Fractal or Kemper laugh.gif Dreams of little Yash. biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 2 2014, 02:16 AM
By the time you get past the first guitar, you'll probably be re writing that entire list wink.gif heheheh. But that's natural. It's good to plan ahead and have goals for gear and such. Those things change just like everything else does, along the way.

But yeah, the Mesas, especially the old ones like this, can be spotty. Some were not well cared for, some have crap tubes, etc. They are living breathing things, being valve units and they are a bit temperamental. The good thing about a Kemper is that it can be a Mark IIC+ on the Marks best day, but the kemper can do it every day smile.gif

QUOTE (Yash @ Oct 1 2014, 06:04 AM) *
Get it !! Mark IIC+s are awesome. but from what I know, they seem to be inconsistent. Some sound better than the others. I am a total IIC+ sound fan. biggrin.gif After I get 4 decent electric guitars in my line up (which are the Jackson, an Epiphone Prophecy Les Paul Custom, PRS SE Custom 24 and a Fender Strat with Ash body and maple neck) and 2 acoustics (a 6 string and a 12) I'll start saving up for a Fractal or Kemper laugh.gif Dreams of little Yash. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
Oct 2 2014, 07:54 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 2 2014, 05:16 AM) *
By the time you get past the first guitar, you'll probably be re writing that entire list wink.gif heheheh. But that's natural. It's good to plan ahead and have goals for gear and such. Those things change just like everything else does, along the way.

But yeah, the Mesas, especially the old ones like this, can be spotty. Some were not well cared for, some have crap tubes, etc. They are living breathing things, being valve units and they are a bit temperamental. The good thing about a Kemper is that it can be a Mark IIC+ on the Marks best day, but the kemper can do it every day smile.gif

I have an idea smile.gif Since you live in the US, try going to Metallica's HQ and to John Petrucci's recording set up, have James do that Orion sound, profile it !!! biggrin.gif And then, distribute it to the masses. Same with petrucci.
Same goes for the insanely chimey clean tones wink.gif Let there be TONE ! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 3 2014, 05:14 AM
We got the next best thing!!! Mr. Kris DAHL can just download the profile of all those guys amps and share it with us!!! We just need a KEMPER smile.gif

QUOTE (Yash @ Oct 2 2014, 02:54 AM) *
I have an idea smile.gif Since you live in the US, try going to Metallica's HQ and to John Petrucci's recording set up, have James do that Orion sound, profile it !!! biggrin.gif And then, distribute it to the masses. Same with petrucci.
Same goes for the insanely chimey clean tones wink.gif Let there be TONE ! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
Oct 5 2014, 09:39 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 3 2014, 08:14 AM) *
We got the next best thing!!! Mr. Kris DAHL can just download the profile of all those guys amps and share it with us!!! We just need a KEMPER smile.gif

Alright, so who's gifting me one ? laugh.gif GMC will skyrocket Kemper's sales laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 5 2014, 09:44 AM
NOW YOUR TALKING!!!! Somebody GIFT me a KEMPER!!!! Darn it!!! smile.gif

QUOTE (Yash @ Oct 5 2014, 04:39 AM) *
Alright, so who's gifting me one ? laugh.gif GMC will skyrocket Kemper's sales laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:28 PM