Frusciante's New Music
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 2 2013, 06:13 PM
Instructor
Hey guys! I discovered John's newest music and I would really like to share it here. It's cool to find him exploring electro sounds.

As always, he composed unique music, weird but very deep, you won't feel indifferent to his melodies and atmospheres.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 3 2013, 10:01 AM
Instructor
Not really my kind of music, but it's interesting to hear and I must admit - I was very curious to hear what the guy was up to smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Sep 3 2013, 11:17 AM
Learning Rock Star
I really respect guitarists and musicians that go outside the normal zone and experiment with different sounds and techniques. Innovative guitarists like Frusciante and Buckethead are very underrated in my opinion. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Sep 3 2013, 03:38 PM
GMC:er
When he was a teenager he was obsessed with Frank Zappa. You can really hear it in the guitar playing on the first clip.
His solo stuff is always different. I definitely appreciate that he's not afraid to do music that has nothing to do with his popularly associated style.
I like it!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 3 2013, 03:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Sep 3 2013, 07:17 AM) *
I really respect guitarists and musicians that go outside the normal zone and experiment with different sounds and techniques. Innovative guitarists like Frusciante and Buckethead are very underrated in my opinion. smile.gif

QUOTE (klasaine @ Sep 3 2013, 11:38 AM) *
When he was a teenager he was obsessed with Frank Zappa. You can really hear it in the guitar playing on the first clip.
His solo stuff is always different. I definitely appreciate that he's not afraid to do music that has nothing to do with his popularly associated style.
I like it!

It's true, he always takes the risky road when he records his solo albums. By the way I also like what he has done with RHCP, I like the balance that is generated there among the other members of the band, the producer and him. He should get back!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Sep 3 2013, 10:09 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 4 2013, 12:47 AM) *
It's true, he always takes the risky road when he records his solo albums. By the way I also like what he has done with RHCP, I like the balance that is generated there among the other members of the band, the producer and him. He should get back!

I liked RHCP with Frusciante the most as well. The other guitarists were great too but I think there was something special about Frusciante

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 3 2013, 11:38 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I'm a huge fan for what he did with RHCP and honestly I don't find his solo work amazing. With RHCP he made beautiful music that spoke to so many people out there. I have a feeling he is currently in a weird place, the place where he was in the past maybe. My hopes are that he'll go through it and maybe we'll see another RHCP/John reunion?

His solo work does really have a special vibe and I respect his work. It will be interesting to see how his music evolves.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 4 2013, 06:53 AM
Learning Tone Master

The weirdness from these track remaind me some how of David Lynch smile.gif
Was nice to listen and those parts with atmospheric sound are really cool. The single thing that I don't like is the solo line (not for my taste).
Thanks for sharing smile.gif

+Quote Post
klasaine
Sep 5 2013, 01:45 AM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Sep 3 2013, 03:38 PM) *
I have a feeling he is currently in a weird place, the place where he was in the past maybe. My hopes are that he'll go through it and maybe we'll see another RHCP/John reunion?

biggrin.gif The weird place is RHCP. His solo stuff is his 'normal' place.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Sep 5 2013, 01:47 AM

+Quote Post
Tharn
Sep 5 2013, 04:18 AM
Thanks for Sharing Gab!
Your right Klasaine- the abrubt stops in the first song and some of the note runs do remind me of Zappa...

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 6 2013, 02:07 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Sep 3 2013, 06:09 PM) *
I liked RHCP with Frusciante the most as well. The other guitarists were great too but I think there was something special about Frusciante

I think that Frusciante is THE guitarist for RHCP, however I really liked what Dave Navarro added to them... but I think that each player fits great with his original band:

Navarro with Jane's Addiction and Frusciante with RHCP.

QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Sep 4 2013, 02:53 AM) *
The weirdness from these track remaind me some how of David Lynch smile.gif
Was nice to listen and those parts with atmospheric sound are really cool. The single thing that I don't like is the solo line (not for my taste).
Thanks for sharing smile.gif

It's true! I can note a connexion with Lynch's music.

QUOTE (klasaine @ Sep 4 2013, 09:45 PM) *
biggrin.gif The weird place is RHCP. His solo stuff is his 'normal' place.

hahahah laugh.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:47 PM