2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Jackson Or Epiphone?, Need Advice
jacmoe
Jun 29 2008, 04:25 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (kjutte @ Jun 29 2008, 05:20 PM) *
Honestly, they wouldn't produce a serie of [Poo].

It's all about setting it up.

I agree on that.
Jackson makes great guitars. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by jacmoe: Jun 29 2008, 09:12 PM

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kjutte
Jun 29 2008, 04:29 PM
QUOTE (jacmoe @ Jun 29 2008, 05:25 PM) *
I agree on that.
Jackson makes great guitars. smile.gif

Was talking about the licensed floyd, but hey, Jackson is nice too! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
FrankW
Jun 29 2008, 06:38 PM
QUOTE (hippiejoe @ Jun 29 2008, 06:18 AM) *
mostly 80`s type metal but also blues and fusion.does the licensed floyd rose have a lockdown screw to hold in "fixed bridge"position until i can get the real deal?

You can simply opt not to use the whammy bar until you can get a real Floyd Rose. You shouldn't have any tuning problems at that point. Five springs in the back will keep the bridge from floating. The bridge will be really stable with this setup. Your preferred style of music lends itself to utilizing a whammy bar in my opinion, so I'd buy the Jackson and save up for a Floyd Rose. Of course, you can buy a Soloist which already has the real Floyd on it. You are talking about close to two grand in expenditure, though. I'm a Jackson user, I have a Dinky, but my goal is either a Soloist or an ESP Horizon FR 2. Both are in the two grand range...cost prohibitive at this point in time. But there's no doubt that I'm going to make it happen as soon as possible. Good luck.

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jun 29 2008, 06:41 PM
Do not forget Tremol-No - the increase in sustain when this thing locks the bridge is substantional.
You don't need extra springs then. smile.gif

At least that's what I heard.
Would be great to hear if some of you GMCers are using Tremol-No and what you have to say about it.
((Sorry for hi-jacking)). wink.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
kjutte
Jun 29 2008, 08:55 PM
QUOTE (jacmoe @ Jun 29 2008, 07:41 PM) *
Do not forget Tremol-No - the increase in sustain when this thing locks the bridge is substantional.
You don't need extra springs then. smile.gif

At least that's what I heard.
Would be great to hear if some of you GMCers are using Tremol-No and what you have to say about it.
((Sorry for hi-jacking)). wink.gif

Care to explain tremol-no ? never heard about it. Would be awesome when playing chords!

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jun 29 2008, 09:11 PM
Tremol-No Homepage

Tremol-No Players List

Tremol-No Review no. 1

Tremol-No Harmony Central Reviews

Yet Another Tremol-No Review

wink.gif

Sorry, again, for hi-jacking.
I guess further Tremol-No talk could be in a new topic. smile.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")

+Quote Post
kjutte
Jun 29 2008, 09:16 PM
QUOTE (jacmoe @ Jun 29 2008, 10:11 PM) *
Tremol-No Homepage

Tremol-No Players List

Tremol-No Review no. 1

Tremol-No Harmony Central Reviews

Yet Another Tremol-No Review

wink.gif

Sorry, again, for hi-jacking.
I guess further Tremol-No talk could be in a new topic. smile.gif

I am so getting a tremol no! thanks man!

+Quote Post
hippiejoe
Jun 30 2008, 12:37 AM
QUOTE (kjutte @ Jun 29 2008, 09:16 PM) *
I am so getting a tremol no! thanks man!

I`d like to thank you and everyone else for their input on this subject.You have all been helpful and I`ve heard good things and bad alike on the licensed floyd,but I think with the tremol-no option on the table,I`m going with the Jackson! The store I`m making my purchase at gives a 45 day satisfaction guarantee so I really can`t lose.If i don`t like the guitar I`ll know within 10 minutes.Thanks again to everyone for making this such a great place to get advice.Rock On!

+Quote Post
Matt23
Jun 30 2008, 12:45 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
If i'd seen this post in time i would say the jackson. Cos i have a cheap ibanez with a trem that will not stay in tune at all, even without using the bar, but i actually got very used to it and it doesn't annoy me and all those times i feel like doin some whammying theres a bar to whammy. smile.gif

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jul 2 2008, 08:27 PM
QUOTE (hippiejoe @ Jun 30 2008, 01:37 AM) *
I`d like to thank you and everyone else for their input on this subject.You have all been helpful and I`ve heard good things and bad alike on the licensed floyd,but I think with the tremol-no option on the table,I`m going with the Jackson!

Sounds great!
Would be very interesting to hear about that Tremol-No when you've had the chance to check it out. smile.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:32 PM