2 Pages V   1 2 >  
T.c. Electronics G-major, Anybody has one?
Pavel
Dec 25 2007, 03:14 PM
Instructor
Hey guys! I've been looking at these rack multi-effects and G-Major seems to be a great value for the price, so i wonder if any of our GMC-ers have G-Major and could possibly do a review on it?

I know Muris has G-Force but it's a bit too expensive for me so any input on G-Major is welcome! smile.gif
Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Dec 25 2007, 04:23 PM
Instructor
Hi Pavel.

A good friend of mine has G-Major and I've played it few times,
great unit must say.
G-Force has more features when it comes to complex editing of efxs,
some routing is done better,conversion as well
but still G-Major is just one step behind,imho.
To be honest,I was looking for G-Major but Tony convinced me to get G-Force
tho I got good price on Ebay.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Pavel
Dec 25 2007, 07:32 PM
Instructor
Thanks for the info! I guess there is really no need for me to go for G-Force as it is twice as much and i am sure i won't be using all the features G-Major can offer.

Wanted to ask about the MIDI controller - can any MIDI controller be used with G-Major?

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Dec 26 2007, 12:26 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Pavel @ Dec 25 2007, 07:32 PM) *
Wanted to ask about the MIDI controller - can any MIDI controller be used with G-Major?

I guess so...
Tho there are few controllers listed in manual that you can use as defaults
for all expression tricks,like adding more delay feedback with exp pedal etc.
But every regular MIDI controller is able to switch between programs on G-Major,5-pin.

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Pavel
Dec 26 2007, 01:20 AM
Instructor
Ok, thanks! I'll have to wait a bit more before ordering this piece but i am thinking a lot about that stuff and i am also thinking about Rocktron Prophesy II - i know prophesy is PRE-amp and G-Major is multi-fx but i am sure if we consider only effects side of them they would both work great. You have the Prophesy so can you describe a bit how you combine G-Force and Prophesy together?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Dec 26 2007, 10:18 AM
Instructor
mmm in my opinion Gmajor is too expensive.
1 year ago I was playing with one friend that use this rack and it's a really good one but he had lot of problems with the configuration, so decided to help him, but it was really dificult to configure and I think that the price of the Gmajor is abusive. BTW I love the fade that this rack does when you change from one prest to another.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Dec 26 2007, 11:04 AM
Instructor
Juan: i heard totally different story from people on the internet. They said it was difficult at first but after you get used to it it's really easy to set up smile.gif

Also the price is not that high IMO, in Croatia it's around 900$ and you can get it much lower in EU countries smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Dec 26 2007, 01:44 PM
Instructor
G-Major IS easy to use imho,at least after few hours of messing with it smile.gif

Pavel,I haven't combined Prophesy and G-Force,
bought it because of Triaxis,dry preamp. wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Dec 26 2007, 01:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Pavel @ Dec 26 2007, 11:04 AM) *
Juan: i heard totally different story from people on the internet. They said it was difficult at first but after you get used to it it's really easy to set up smile.gif

Also the price is not that high IMO, in Croatia it's around 900$ and you can get it much lower in EU countries smile.gif

ouch, my mistake !!! ehem... I was confusing with the G system !! please forget all that I have said !! tongue.gif
That's the pedal that my friend had:

So sorry, I don't know how G Major works !!! (there are too much gear with similar names: Gsystem, Gforce, Gmajor...)

g system price is about 1.350 € hehe, too much expensive !!!!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Dec 26 2007, 03:07 PM
Instructor
Ohh yeah,that's the new baby from TC wink.gif
Price of G-Force is around 1000 euros and G-System is bit more expensive cause
they packaged all in floor version,still G-Force.
Dunno,it looks so big,I prefer having G-Minor or some smaller controller for it...

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Dec 26 2007, 07:05 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
G System is high spec but not- from what I've heard - easy to program or get to work in real time ; lots of fiddlling about. G Force like Muris says is a great bit of kit, G Major is great but the Force is a much better processing engine. However if you play livbe then the Major and a good mii controller would be great for the switching if you'er on a limited budget.

But if you're in a studio I'd put the money into the getting the force and just sitting the rack in front of you. You might get some lag whilst programs load and have to fiddle about but in a studio so what. Go for the audio quality. G Force has great delays, chorus and reverbs (Muris?).

One question - what are the line outs on the Force Muris? ie can Pavel take them on a 1/4 inch jack in to his mixer easily, any digital, SPDIF out? (Opps more then one question rolleyes.gif .)

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
Jan 4 2008, 01:56 PM
Instructor
I own the g-major, I bought it in L.A. for half the price, ask what ever you need to know!

--------------------
________________________________________________________________________________

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 4 2008, 02:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Dec 26 2007, 07:05 PM) *
One question - what are the line outs on the Force Muris? ie can Pavel take them on a 1/4 inch jack in to his mixer easily, any digital, SPDIF out? (Opps more then one question rolleyes.gif .)

Cheers,
Tony

2 Balanced outputs and of course,SPDIF
Now Joe has G-Major so he'll be of great help to Pavel

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Xethman
Jan 4 2008, 06:33 PM
GMC:er
I nearly bought the G-System. On paper it appears to be a very well thought out, superior professional device. However, after reading comments from owners I became doubtful. Some people are saying that there are a few bugs, and that some units fail without warning. I think I read that there is a software/firmware revision that corrects some issues. However, other owners have said that some of the effects are not up to par. Furthermore, the unit receives surprisingly low scores at harmony central (with >30 user comments). When I put all the pieces together from researching this unit I became doubtful and decided to wait a bit longer.

The bottom line for me is that if you are going to spend so much on a unit like this (~$1500) , then these sorts of comments should not be popping up as frequently as they are. Currently, I don't have a high end effects device because I'm in the same boat as some of you... I just don't know what is the best unit for the money I want to spend. Lately I've been considering just going back to high end individual floor pedals unsure.gif

This post has been edited by Xethman: Jan 4 2008, 06:50 PM

+Quote Post
bmh1109
Jan 11 2008, 08:17 PM
I am considering a G-major, because i would like some good effects, and don't really wanna jump on the pod bandwagon. So i have a few questions...

Muris, do know if its possible to get your kind of tone such as from your Bb minor phrasing lessons with a G major, just a combo and delay reverb and chorus maybe?

and for anyone who would know since this is a multi effect should you just run this in to the return jack of the effects loop to act as the preamp, or would you still go straight into the front? im a newbie to these rack mount effects processors.

--------------------
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Fender MIM Strat
Amps
Mesa Studio Preamp--->Mesa 50/50--->Line 6 M13 ---> into Avatar 2x12 Cab rewired for stereo operation

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 11 2008, 08:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bmh1109 @ Jan 11 2008, 08:17 PM) *
I am considering a G-major, because i would like some good effects, and don't really wanna jump on the pod bandwagon. So i have a few questions...

Muris, do know if its possible to get your kind of tone such as from your Bb minor phrasing lessons with a G major, just a combo and delay reverb and chorus maybe?

Absolutely.maybe even 5x better biggrin.gif
But you'd need some nice preamp and G-Major as a loop efx unit.
Or amp with efx loop.

QUOTE (bmh1109 @ Jan 11 2008, 08:17 PM) *
and for anyone who would know since this is a multi effect should you just run this in to the return jack of the effects loop to act as the preamp, or would you still go straight into the front? im a newbie to these rack mount effects processors.

It can't act as a preamp since it doesn't have preamp section,
only efx but top notch wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
bmh1109
Jan 11 2008, 08:39 PM
so does that mean its goin to the front of the amp then i guess, Im really liking what ive seen about it so far.

--------------------
Guitars
Amps
Mesa Studio Preamp--->Mesa 50/50--->Line 6 M13 ---> into Avatar 2x12 Cab rewired for stereo operation

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 11 2008, 08:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bmh1109 @ Jan 11 2008, 08:39 PM) *
so does that mean its goin to the front of the amp then i guess, Im really liking what ive seen about it so far.

In front of amp if amp doesn't have efx loop.
If amp does have it,then as loop of course.
It's always good to have all efxs after preamp section,as in loop.

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
bmh1109
Jan 11 2008, 08:51 PM
perfect then into the back of the marshall it will go! thanks for your help

--------------------
Guitars
Amps

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 11 2008, 08:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bmh1109 @ Jan 11 2008, 08:51 PM) *
perfect then into the back of the marshall it will go! thanks for your help

I guess into the back where efx loop jacks are,right?
Add G-minor to it and rock it. wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:18 PM