> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 2: Ben's Vibrato Odyssey 5, Lesson By Ben Higgins
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Chris S.
Nov 24 2014, 12:51 PM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: Ben's Vibrato Odyssey 5 by Ben Higgins

I' tried applying the great advice you guys have given me and I think this take is a lot better than my last one, what do you guys think?

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/...showtopic=53407

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Chris S.: Nov 24 2014, 12:52 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 24 2014, 02:53 PM
Instructor
Hi Chris, yes I can hear some improvements here. First, let me tell you where I hear them:

-The whole tone bends during all the slower sections are all much more in pitch now
-The vibrato on the B string from 0:54-0:57 is much more like it should sound. You're bending the string back and forth through a whole tone arc and making sure it returns to the starting pitch (or as close to as possible).

The bits that still need improvement can be linked directly to the instances above, for contrast purposes.

-The semi tone bends during the slow sections are still being bent a little too much... you can ease off on them a little. Interestingly, during the quicker sections they sound spot on smile.gif
-the last wide / whole tone vibrato on the b string isn't as good as the one that preceded it, the one I mentioned from 0:54-0:57. If you can get it sounding more like that one, you're getting close !

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 24 2014, 06:15 PM
GMC:er
Some good playing here smile.gif Ben is spot on per usual with his critique. I'd also add that you should try, just for practice, to use your three finger bending all the way through if you can. Your two finger bending is certainly valid, but the three finger version can give you more control. smile.gif

Todd

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 25 2014, 02:34 PM
Instructor
Hey mate,

We have been discussing this one long and hard - Ben pointed out the important details here, pretty much the ones we have been discussing as well in your thread, so please focus on fixing them and I'm sure you'll be able to come up with a brilliant take wink.gif

All the best!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Fran
Nov 25 2014, 06:00 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
One more grade please! smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 25 2014, 06:13 PM
Instructor
Hi Chris! Great to see you working hard on this important technique.

I can notice improvements in your bending / vibrato technique. You are slowly starting to have more control of the rhythm and pitches of these ones. I think that Ben marked the most important things to have in mind during the next days of practice in order to master this lesson. By the way I think that this is a very good lesson for training and maintaining your left hand strength and endurance so I think that it would be good if you keep it in your diary routine for some weeks, maybe months, while you work on more advanced stuff.

Congratulations on your improvements. Keep on the hard work! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Fran
Nov 27 2014, 05:51 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 7.3

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:38 PM