5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Libach Guitar Mentoring
llibach
Jul 9 2012, 07:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jul 9 2012, 05:49 PM) *
I wasn't sure about your question,would you like to continue with the same track or want me to create you a new one? Let me know!

It would be great if you could create a new one and not tell me what scales to use so that I can work the best modes to use and when the key changes occur and what the changes are. What I want is to improve the time it takes me to work it out, and to change key smoothly. It doesn't have to be a full backing track just you playing guitar would be ok. After the exam in 2 weeks we can go back to this track and carry on with the melodic minor, if that's ok. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 9 2012, 07:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (llibach @ Jul 9 2012, 06:02 PM) *
It would be great if you could create a new one and not tell me what scales to use so that I can work the best modes to use and when the key changes occur and what the changes are. What I want is to improve the time it takes me to work it out, and to change key smoothly. It doesn't have to be a full backing track just you playing guitar would be ok. After the exam in 2 weeks we can go back to this track and carry on with the melodic minor, if that's ok. smile.gif

Sounds good! Give me some time to put it together!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 13 2012, 06:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (llibach @ Jul 9 2012, 06:02 PM) *

So here is what I came up with!
http://soundcloud.com/alex-feather-akimov/libach-jazz
The chord are:
Dmi7 - G7 - Emi7 - Ami7 - Dmi7 - G7 - Cmaj7 - Ami7 - Dmi7 - G7 - Cmaj7 - E7 - Fmaj7 - G7 - Emi7 - Ami7 - Dmi7 - G7 - C7 - Fmaj7 - B7 - Bb7 - A7 - Dmi7 - G7 - Emi7 - Ami7 - Dmi7 - D#diminished - Emi7 - A7 - Dmi7 - Emi7 - Fmaj7 - Cmaj7 - Emi7 - A7

This track is not as hard as it might seem smile.gif
Try it out and let me know if you have any questions or need help!

+Quote Post
llibach
Jul 15 2012, 10:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jul 13 2012, 06:36 PM) *
So here is what I came up with!
http://soundcloud.com/alex-feather-akimov/libach-jazz
The chord are:
Dmi7 - G7 - Emi7 - Ami7 - Dmi7 - G7 - Cmaj7 - Ami7 - Dmi7 - G7 - Cmaj7 - E7 - Fmaj7 - G7 - Emi7 - Ami7 - Dmi7 - G7 - C7 - Fmaj7 - B7 - Bb7 - A7 - Dmi7 - G7 - Emi7 - Ami7 - Dmi7 - D#diminished - Emi7 - A7 - Dmi7 - Emi7 - Fmaj7 - Cmaj7 - Emi7 - A7

This track is not as hard as it might seem smile.gif
Try it out and let me know if you have any questions or need help!

After reading through and listening my first assesment is D dorian untill the E7 comes in then E mixolydian for that and the F maj7 before switching back to the D dorian till the B7 Bb7 and A7 here I'm unsure I was thinking a 7 arpeggio over each of them then D dorian again a little chromatic run on the dim chord E dorian for the next two then finish on the D dorian. I'll record something then post it using this.

This post has been edited by llibach: Jul 15 2012, 10:05 PM

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 17 2012, 05:47 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (llibach @ Jul 15 2012, 09:03 PM) *
After reading through and listening my first assesment is D dorian untill the E7 comes in then E mixolydian for that and the F maj7 before switching back to the D dorian till the B7 Bb7 and A7 here I'm unsure I was thinking a 7 arpeggio over each of them then D dorian again a little chromatic run on the dim chord E dorian for the next two then finish on the D dorian. I'll record something then post it using this.

You are correct! Over B7 Bb7 and A7 you can play minor/major pentatonics or use arpeggios over each! You can also hit chord tones for each!
This is the toughest thing to you! When you have a chord progression like that you need to play as many chord tones so you are still playing over the changes even if it's in the same key!
If you want to be good in improvisation chord changes is the answer!
I would like you to take the first part before the key changes and play without the backing track try really to hit all the chord tones so you will start hearing changes without backing track! It's a very good exercise!
Let me know if you have any questions or need help!

+Quote Post
llibach
Jul 17 2012, 10:31 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jul 17 2012, 05:47 AM) *
You are correct! Over B7 Bb7 and A7 you can play minor/major pentatonics or use arpeggios over each! You can also hit chord tones for each!
This is the toughest thing to you! When you have a chord progression like that you need to play as many chord tones so you are still playing over the changes even if it's in the same key!
If you want to be good in improvisation chord changes is the answer!
I would like you to take the first part before the key changes and play without the backing track try really to hit all the chord tones so you will start hearing changes without backing track! It's a very good exercise!
Let me know if you have any questions or need help!

When you talk of tones do you also mean the root of the chord or just the other tones 3rd 5th 7th etc. By the way just been listening to Beautifull Lani, it's amazing and with Frank Gambale too WOW, what a god on guitar. Very insperational.

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 18 2012, 04:32 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (llibach @ Jul 17 2012, 09:31 PM) *
When you talk of tones do you also mean the root of the chord or just the other tones 3rd 5th 7th etc. By the way just been listening to Beautifull Lani, it's amazing and with Frank Gambale too WOW, what a god on guitar. Very insperational.

Thank you very much! I am glad you liked it! smile.gif
You can use root -3rd-5th-7th all those notes are the chord tones! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 21 2012, 06:22 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (llibach @ Jul 17 2012, 09:31 PM) *

Hi! I wanted to follow up and see how everything is going? Do you have any questions or need help with anything? Let me know!

+Quote Post
llibach
Jul 21 2012, 09:36 PM
Learning Rock Star
[quote name='Alex Feather' date='Jul 21 2012, 06:22 AM' post='596519']
Hi! I wanted to follow up and see how everything is going? Do you have any questions or need help with anything? Let me know!
[/quote
Hey, I've been practicing for my exam sorry han't had time for anything else last couple of days. It's tomorrow so I'll get back to this once I'm done. It's a pity I didn't start the mentoring earlier because I've not quite grasped the concept with the tones enough to be able to imrovise well with it before the exam.

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 22 2012, 05:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (llibach @ Jul 21 2012, 08:36 PM) *
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jul 21 2012, 06:22 AM) *

Hey, I've been practicing for my exam sorry han't had time for anything else last couple of days. It's tomorrow so I'll get back to this once I'm done. It's a pity I didn't start the mentoring earlier because I've not quite grasped the concept with the tones enough to be able to imrovise well with it before the exam.

Good luck on your exam! Let me know how it went! You did very good playing aver the track! Keep it up and I am sure you will do great! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 23 2012, 06:36 PM
Instructor
Hi! Just wanted to see how was the exam????? Let me know!!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
llibach
Jul 23 2012, 10:13 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jul 23 2012, 06:36 PM) *
Hi! Just wanted to see how was the exam????? Let me know!!! smile.gif

Yeah went OK thanks. Rhythm section went good and most of the other stuff, but made a mistake with the improv part I'd been working so hard at it too and I read the chart wrong and started to use the D dorian mode over a D maj7 and C#m7 progression huh.gif . Don't know what I was thinking and it took me a couple of bars to realise what i'd done but I got it together afterwards so I'm preety sure I passed but I've got disstinction in all the other exams and was hoping for one again but I don't think I've got the marks to get top grading. mad.gif

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 25 2012, 06:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (llibach @ Jul 23 2012, 09:13 PM) *
Yeah went OK thanks. Rhythm section went good and most of the other stuff, but made a mistake with the improv part I'd been working so hard at it too and I read the chart wrong and started to use the D dorian mode over a D maj7 and C#m7 progression huh.gif . Don't know what I was thinking and it took me a couple of bars to realise what i'd done but I got it together afterwards so I'm preety sure I passed but I've got disstinction in all the other exams and was hoping for one again but I don't think I've got the marks to get top grading. mad.gif

Oh I am sorry to hear that! It happens! It happens to me sometime too! Brain freeze! smile.gif
It also depends on what notes you've played cause some nots from D dorian can pass! smile.gif
I know how hard you have been working and I am sure your teacher sees it too! I am sure you will be fine!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Aug 27 2012, 08:20 AM
Instructor
Hi! I just wanted to follow up and see how are you doing? I have a new challenge ready for you!

+Quote Post
llibach
Aug 29 2012, 09:53 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Aug 27 2012, 08:20 AM) *
Hi! I just wanted to follow up and see how are you doing? I have a new challenge ready for you!

Hey Alex I'm good thanks. I've just been busy trying to write a few songs for the band I'm in and also as I've been landed with the job of singing I've had to try and come up with some lyrics, man it's hard when your not used to it. Got the result from the exam too got 77 out of 100 so a decent mark but I was hoping for more. Anyway give me week to get the songs mostly done and I'll be back, but before we start another assignement I'd still like to try the stuff with the melodic minor first.

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Aug 31 2012, 03:21 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (llibach @ Aug 29 2012, 08:53 PM) *
Hey Alex I'm good thanks. I've just been busy trying to write a few songs for the band I'm in and also as I've been landed with the job of singing I've had to try and come up with some lyrics, man it's hard when your not used to it. Got the result from the exam too got 77 out of 100 so a decent mark but I was hoping for more. Anyway give me week to get the songs mostly done and I'll be back, but before we start another assignement I'd still like to try the stuff with the melodic minor first.

Sounds great! I am glad you are having gigs and learning new stuff! It is awesome!
77 out of 100 not bad at all! Congrats! Next year you will do better! smile.gif
Let me know when you are ready and I will help you out with melodic minor!
Looking forward to continue our mentoring journey! smile.gif

+Quote Post
llibach
Sep 25 2012, 11:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Alex sorry for the break but I had things to work on but I'm back on course now. Just to remind you we were trying to introduce the melodic minor. Been playing about with the scale but I just can't get it. I take it that to use it properly I need to introduce the C# in there to cretae that melodic minor sound but it just sounds wrong when I try any tips?

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Sep 27 2012, 04:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (llibach @ Sep 25 2012, 10:05 PM) *
Hey Alex sorry for the break but I had things to work on but I'm back on course now. Just to remind you we were trying to introduce the melodic minor. Been playing about with the scale but I just can't get it. I take it that to use it properly I need to introduce the C# in there to cretae that melodic minor sound but it just sounds wrong when I try any tips?

Great to have you back! smile.gif I am happy to continue working with you!
Can you record yourself playing melodic minor? This way I can tell you what the problem is! It might be that your ears just not use to it and it will take time to get it right!
Let me know if you have any questions or need help with anything! smile.gif

+Quote Post
llibach
Oct 8 2012, 11:01 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Alex, sorry for the delay. So I recorded this trying to use the melodic minor like we were going to get into, I've tried to get that Major 7th in there where or I guess it would just sound like a normal minor otherwise. I don't know if it's my ears not used to the sound or wether I'm getting it wrong but it justwont flow like I want it.
soundcloud.com/llibach/llibach-melodic-minor

+Quote Post
llibach
Oct 9 2012, 05:41 PM
Learning Rock Star
http://soundcloud.com/llibach/llibach-melodic-minor
Sorry this is the link

This post has been edited by llibach: Oct 9 2012, 05:42 PM

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:26 AM