Osx Snow Leopard, And line 6
Koopid
Sep 3 2009, 06:55 AM
Learning Roadie
If you are using Line6 equipment with your Mac, wait a while with installing the new version of OSX (Snow Leopard).

I installed it yesterday without checking for driver compability first and it was a mistake. There is a BETA driver available that seem to work but all recommendations on the Line6 boards says to wait. Pretty annoying, I can get it to make sound but Monkey cant search for all updates and while I havent tried yet its said that Line 6 Edit doesnt work on the OSX SL yet.

Just a heads up smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Amp
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
Marshall 1960A cab
Guitars
ESP Eclipse I CTM Snow White
Jackson SLSMG
Takamine EG320C
Bass
Epiphone Thunderbird Goth Bass
Effects/Stomps
Boss SD1
Boss MT2 Metalzone
Dunlop Zack Wylde Wah
Behringer BEQ700 Equalizer
Harley Benton PT-100 stagetuner
Studio EQ
PodXT Live
Edirol FA 66 soundcard
Yamaha HS50M monitors
Macbook pro
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Sep 3 2009, 10:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Koopid @ Sep 3 2009, 01:55 AM) *
If you are using Line6 equipment with your Mac, wait a while with installing the new version of OSX (Snow Leopard).

I installed it yesterday without checking for driver compability first and it was a mistake. There is a BETA driver available that seem to work but all recommendations on the Line6 boards says to wait. Pretty annoying, I can get it to make sound but Monkey cant search for all updates and while I havent tried yet its said that Line 6 Edit doesnt work on the OSX SL yet.

Just a heads up smile.gif

Besides that issue with Line 6, how do you like the new OS?
Do you novtice any speed improvements from the previous one?
Not that speed is a proble, just wondering how you like Leopard and if you would recommend the upgrade...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Koopid
Sep 4 2009, 06:36 AM
Learning Roadie
Too early to say, I havent really had time to use it yet. I only got my first mac a couple of months ago too so I don't have much experience to see if it is faster either. I haven't seen any problems with the OS yet though.

But, the installation was very smooth and it is supposed to be faster so.. The line 6 issue is on line 6 side, they had the specs for the new OS early but didnt finish in time so thats not because of Apple smile.gif

On a sidenote I might mention that I am extremelly happy with making the move to mac. I was really nervous about moving because I have decent PC knowledge beeing a programmer and IT professional for many years and I didnt really want to be a newbie again. So far I can do pretty much everything with the mac that I did on the PC. Of course I can't go as deep into the mac as I could in the PC yet but I feel I really don't have to. The mac just seem to work..

--------------------
Gear
Amp
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
Marshall 1960A cab
Guitars
ESP Eclipse I CTM Snow White
Jackson SLSMG
Takamine EG320C
Bass
Epiphone Thunderbird Goth Bass
Effects/Stomps
Boss SD1
Boss MT2 Metalzone
Dunlop Zack Wylde Wah
Behringer BEQ700 Equalizer
Harley Benton PT-100 stagetuner
Studio EQ
PodXT Live
Edirol FA 66 soundcard
Yamaha HS50M monitors
Macbook pro

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Sep 4 2009, 07:31 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I got a Mac yesterday as well, finally biggrin.gif
It's been 3 years since my last Mac, and that's way too long ago tongue.gif

Not sure if I'll upgrade right away, or if I'm gonna wait though..
Have to read up on my equipment compability first.

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Sep 4 2009, 03:50 PM
Instructor
I'll probably do the upgrade soon.
Plus its' so cheap!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:42 AM