> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

28 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 > »   
Elhombre's Axe Laboratory
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 10 2013, 08:38 PM
Instructor
Do you have any footage from the contest? I'd be curious to see your performance mate smile.gif No worries, if it's not possible, but analyzing a live context can shed a lot of insight on things.

And about Muris' contest... I say, pick the one which you can do justice to smile.gif It's by far the BEST choice, in my opinion!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 11 2013, 12:55 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yes I got video of it smile.gif I can show you later

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 11 2013, 05:34 PM
Instructor
Please do man!

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 14 2013, 02:47 PM
Learning Rock Star
I got the tabs for Stellar Crash and im working on it now, If I can play that part i probably can play the whole song in time smile.gif
What a great song I just love the tapping runs on the chorus along with the synth playing the same thing.

What a player,Ramos, and he is very young too.
I think only 2 years older than me, he used to pratice 12 hours a day sometimes I read.

Well that makes you feel like you are nothing on the guitar xD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 14 2013, 04:14 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Apr 14 2013, 01:47 PM) *
I got the tabs for Stellar Crash and im working on it now, If I can play that part i probably can play the whole song in time smile.gif
What a great song I just love the tapping runs on the chorus along with the synth playing the same thing.

What a player,Ramos, and he is very young too.
I think only 2 years older than me, he used to pratice 12 hours a day sometimes I read.

Well that makes you feel like you are nothing on the guitar xD

Don't think like that man smile.gif Just enjoy the music. If we would compare ourselves to athletes we should never even walk on the street again, because we would never be able to run that fast, right? smile.gif

If you like the song, try to make the best you can to learn it. What's cooking with the Sfogli track?

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 14 2013, 05:23 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yes it just, it would be impossible for me to pratice that much now, it could have been possible when I was younger though, but I still pratice around 4 hours a day so I hope to make good progress.

I will give you a reording soon with the first part of still hurts smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 15 2013, 07:45 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Apr 14 2013, 04:23 PM) *
Yes it just, it would be impossible for me to pratice that much now, it could have been possible when I was younger though, but I still pratice around 4 hours a day so I hope to make good progress.

I will give you a reording soon with the first part of still hurts smile.gif

Ok mate wink.gif Let's see what you got in store for my ears!

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 15 2013, 12:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
Still needs work but I thougt I just show you some playing smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  stillhurts1.mp3 ( 1.56MB ) Number of downloads: 45

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 15 2013, 09:52 PM
Instructor
Erik! You nailed the tone mate biggrin.gif

Some of the phrases sound good, but some of them still need work on timing especially. It's not easy, but you will get there!

Just take your time - tomorrow I will listen again and point out stuff so that you may know what to isolate!

Here are the spots that need focus:

- the beginning lick - a bit too blurry
0:16, 0:25, 1:28 - nail the correct pitch
1:05, 1:11, 1:28 - timing could be improved
1:30 - the sweeps are blurry

Once again, with a little focus you can get this tune in great shape!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Apr 16 2013, 09:47 AM

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 16 2013, 09:42 AM
Learning Rock Star
Yes the tone worked good, its my offical "lead tone" haha, on full power bridge it got lots of power, you can also adjust it with the volume knob and get softer lead tones, very flexible preset that i made, love it.

Actually, the first verse after the intro, I have a hard time bringing feeling into that, when I listen to myself I sound a little like an unmelodic beginner at that part, I dont know why going to try to see how marco does it in the slow downer.

And also, Im not so happy with my metal song. I think that the first riff just lack something, I want it to be more powerful

--------------------

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 16 2013, 06:51 PM
Learning Rock Star
So I had som fun today and changed my idea a bit.
I was thinking, why not play some piano first and then let the guitar play kind of the same melody.
Also I got more powerful riffs in this one wink.gif

Well just an idea as always but tell me what you think, you are such a great riffing player so its good that you can give me feedback smile.gif
great thing about gmc

Attached File(s)
Attached File  metallid__2.mp3 ( 862.45K ) Number of downloads: 43

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 17 2013, 09:02 AM
Instructor
MUCH MUCH MUCH BETTER!

Awesome dynamics and the recording is way better! Thanks for your kind thoughts mate, but this is the direction! smile.gif I strongly encourage you to work on this and make a full song. I don't know what you did, but the riffs sound stronger and the timing is way better. What happened? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 17 2013, 10:06 AM
Learning Rock Star
Nice that you liked the direction of this, I will definently make a full song of it smile.gif
The Piano somehow maybe even adds more power to it cause of the contrasts, but the opening riff much better than the previous one, almost a little trashmetal with these dim chords smile.gif

I will also make a new chours, and my sister who is a pianist will improve the piano parts smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 18 2013, 08:16 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Apr 17 2013, 09:06 AM) *
Nice that you liked the direction of this, I will definently make a full song of it smile.gif
The Piano somehow maybe even adds more power to it cause of the contrasts, but the opening riff much better than the previous one, almost a little trashmetal with these dim chords smile.gif

I will also make a new chours, and my sister who is a pianist will improve the piano parts smile.gif

The piano and the tight playing combined, are the exact reasons for which the good dynamics have come into play. As of yet, this is the best music piece you wrote and showed me so far smile.gif Remember, it's not about the technique or the complexity, but about the dynamics, composition and playing wink.gif

So, your sis will assist, very nice!

Buzz me when you have some more added to it, k?

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 18 2013, 08:01 PM
Learning Rock Star
came up with a chorus melody, got very happy with it, now to make a progression for it and how to make it fit in this heavy song.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  metallchours1.1.mp3 ( 178.77K ) Number of downloads: 40

--------------------

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 18 2013, 10:17 PM
Learning Rock Star
Nevermind the previous one I made a progression for it too smile.gif
Could this be a good chorus for the song?

Attached File(s)
Attached File  metallchorus1.2.mp3 ( 391.83K ) Number of downloads: 46

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 19 2013, 08:47 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Apr 18 2013, 09:17 PM) *
Nevermind the previous one I made a progression for it too smile.gif
Could this be a good chorus for the song?

Hey man, sure! I like the brightness of the theme and the way it opens up. I'd orchestrate things with an acoustic or clean tone playing some chords or slow arpeggios to give it spaciness. What do you think?

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 19 2013, 04:38 PM
Learning Rock Star
Go ideas, but I was thinking of keeping the power, but with a tight, neck pickup sound and synth to underline it is a chours smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 19 2013, 08:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Apr 19 2013, 03:38 PM) *
Go ideas, but I was thinking of keeping the power, but with a tight, neck pickup sound and synth to underline it is a chours smile.gif

A synth could also work - chords or synth, but pads would work even better - you want atmosphere here, I think biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 20 2013, 12:16 AM
Learning Rock Star
Yes, what are pads mate? biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:31 PM