5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Intermediate: Guitar Bushido
Olivier777
Feb 1 2012, 04:45 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks Master Ben for your feedback, I think I'll check out your "Inside outside picking" lesson, I've been meaning to do so for a while now. As a matter of fact since I am not doing straight alternate picking when going faster on those licks makes feel that I need this lesson ! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
empan
Feb 1 2012, 05:07 PM
Learning Roadie
When comes the next assigment?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
dark dude
Feb 1 2012, 05:34 PM
GMC:er
Next assignment was posted this morning: Click

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Feb 1 2012, 08:38 PM
Hai!

Attached File  Bushido_Metal.wav ( 10.98MB ) Number of downloads: 101

-Teemu

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 1 2012, 10:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (kyldeee @ Feb 1 2012, 07:38 PM) *
Hai!

Attached File  Bushido_Metal.wav ( 10.98MB ) Number of downloads: 101

-Teemu

Hey Teemu this is really good ! Welcome once again to the Temple of Guitar Bushido ! ph34r.gif

There were occasional missed notes but generally your synch is good.. you're ready now to attack Task 2, which you can find in my instructor forum... smile.gif

+Quote Post
DreamForge
Feb 1 2012, 10:58 PM
im afraid im gonna lose one finger and one toe because of my vocation and my stupid computer i wont be able to send it today sad.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 2 2012, 10:26 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (DreamForge @ Feb 1 2012, 09:58 PM) *
im afraid im gonna lose one finger and one toe because of my vocation and my stupid computer i wont be able to send it today sad.gif

That's ok man, you did say right at the very beginning that you probably wouldn't be able to make some of the challenges so I was prepared for that. No worries smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Feb 2 2012, 04:47 PM
Here's mine Ben. Unfortunately some of my takes sounded really distorted when I played them back and so this is a kinda 'Best of the Rest' take so it isn't the cleanest that I managed to play.

[attachment=26125:Sensei_170.wav]

If you want I can re-record a newer version?
smile.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Feb 2 2012, 06:32 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Had a moment to record it, it isn't perfect, but should be enough tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DreamForge
Feb 2 2012, 06:58 PM
Attached File  metal_patterns_1.wav ( 13.58MB ) Number of downloads: 95

here is my take sensei ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 2 2012, 07:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Feb 2 2012, 03:47 PM) *
Here's mine Ben. Unfortunately some of my takes sounded really distorted when I played them back and so this is a kinda 'Best of the Rest' take so it isn't the cleanest that I managed to play.

[attachment=26125:Sensei_170.wav]

If you want I can re-record a newer version?
smile.gif

Thanks for the take man.. no need to record it, not too worried about sound quality smile.gif

They're some unusual shapes arent they ? I think you're struggling to keep it tight at this tempo but it's good for showing you which areas need some love. Most likely your fretting hand fingers just need some more independance and agility, rather than it being an issue with your picking. In that case, you'll love Task 2 !! smile.gif

QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Feb 2 2012, 05:32 PM) *
Had a moment to record it, it isn't perfect, but should be enough tongue.gif

Are you sure it isn't perfect ? It sounds perfect to me !! cool.gif

I'm really impressed with how much your timing and hand synch has improved since I've known you.. really pleased ! biggrin.gif

Now, young warrior-in-training, Task 2 awaits ! ph34r.gif

QUOTE (DreamForge @ Feb 2 2012, 05:58 PM) *
Attached File  metal_patterns_1.wav ( 13.58MB ) Number of downloads: 95

here is my take sensei ph34r.gif

DF - What a surprise ! smile.gif

Very good take, nice clean palm muting too.

P.S. I forgot to say to Sensible Jones & Marek - you may find Task 2 a little more tricky because of the broken finger and toe but the good thing about being in the mountains is that you can use the ice to keep the swelling down !

Nobody can accuse me of not caring smile.gif

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Feb 2 2012, 07:14 PM

+Quote Post
Lixxx
Mar 14 2012, 11:59 AM
Since I was to late I promised to catch up with this course but since it already ended before I even noticed I hope you will nevertheless accept my entry.

I can, for now, only record via my old JM4 ( spend all my money for the flight to Wherever-Your-Dojo-Is-Land)

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Pattern_1.WAV ( 939.74K ) Number of downloads: 64
Attached File  Pattern_2.WAV ( 1.38MB ) Number of downloads: 70
Attached File  Pattern_3.WAV ( 1.47MB ) Number of downloads: 60

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 14 2012, 02:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Lixxx @ Mar 14 2012, 10:59 AM) *
Since I was to late I promised to catch up with this course but since it already ended before I even noticed I hope you will nevertheless accept my entry.

I can, for now, only record via my old JM4 ( spend all my money for the flight to Wherever-Your-Dojo-Is-Land)

This is generally good but the hand synch isn't perfect so it shows an area you need to work on. Which is good. It's better to know than not to know, because at least then you can take steps to change it smile.gif

You find it much easier to play these descending as it is much more accurate, the ascending parts are the ones which suffer the most. It sounds as if your fretting hand may be slightly ahead of your pick sometimes.. probably due to the 3rd and 4th fingers not having as much control over their timing.

Thank you for your submission.. now quickly get back to your guitar before the icy wind makes your hands freeze ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Lixxx
Mar 15 2012, 02:18 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Mar 14 2012, 02:19 PM) *
This is generally good but the hand synch isn't perfect so it shows an area you need to work on. Which is good. It's better to know than not to know, because at least then you can take steps to change it smile.gif

You find it much easier to play these descending as it is much more accurate, the ascending parts are the ones which suffer the most. It sounds as if your fretting hand may be slightly ahead of your pick sometimes.. probably due to the 3rd and 4th fingers not having as much control over their timing.

Thank you for your submission.. now quickly get back to your guitar before the icy wind makes your hands freeze ! smile.gif

Yeah thats a problem I have for quite a while now my right hand is faster because I didnt practice slowly enough when i started playing....
Since I practice with a metronome it has improved but still not to the point where i want it to be..... do you have a suggestion for a lesson or a workout on synchronization.

Ok ill be playing some more now biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 15 2012, 02:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Lixxx @ Mar 15 2012, 01:18 PM) *
Yeah thats a problem I have for quite a while now my right hand is faster because I didnt practice slowly enough when i started playing....
Since I practice with a metronome it has improved but still not to the point where i want it to be..... do you have a suggestion for a lesson or a workout on synchronization.

Ok ill be playing some more now biggrin.gif

When it comes to synchronisation, it doesn't really matter which shapes you're practising - the thing that needs to improve is timing your fingers to be on time with your picking hand, which is only improved through practice so the lesson you've just done is as good as any for working on this. Also, any of the other Tasks from each group which deal with picking smile.gif

I find that if I concentrate more on my fretting hand being in time with the metronome then my picking hand is able to follow suit much easier. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Lixxx
Mar 15 2012, 07:24 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Mar 15 2012, 02:21 PM) *
When it comes to synchronisation, it doesn't really matter which shapes you're practising - the thing that needs to improve is timing your fingers to be on time with your picking hand, which is only improved through practice so the lesson you've just done is as good as any for working on this. Also, any of the other Tasks from each group which deal with picking smile.gif

I find that if I concentrate more on my fretting hand being in time with the metronome then my picking hand is able to follow suit much easier. smile.gif

Thank you I will try that xD

In fact I do think a lot with my picking hand when it comes to playing with a metronome, will be an interesting task to switch that

This post has been edited by Lixxx: Mar 15 2012, 07:26 PM

+Quote Post
wish to shred
Aug 1 2012, 10:13 AM
hey i just started practicing this lesson this afternoon after work. Couldn't play for long but in an hour i went from clean at 130bpm to clean and consistent at 160bpm and my left arm is burning. my fretting hand is definetely whats holding me back, my right hand is fine and i feel the sync is good just moving my left hand is the problem any other lessons that could help me with this?

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 1 2012, 10:53 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (wish to shred @ Aug 1 2012, 10:13 AM) *
hey i just started practicing this lesson this afternoon after work. Couldn't play for long but in an hour i went from clean at 130bpm to clean and consistent at 160bpm and my left arm is burning. my fretting hand is definetely whats holding me back, my right hand is fine and i feel the sync is good just moving my left hand is the problem any other lessons that could help me with this?

Hey, welcome to Guitar Bushido !! biggrin.gif

If you're left hand is giving you problems then I always recommend using legato licks as a way of building stamina and co ordination. Check this one and give it a go.. don't worry about speed, just try to make sure your fingers are able to move independently and in time smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Land-Of-Legato-3/

+Quote Post
rheil
Sep 18 2012, 05:27 PM
So I just jumped in on this, so far I am loving it.

Task 1 is a great exercise for me. My hand is actually cramping up, I guess I am training muscles I dont normally use???

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 18 2012, 09:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (rheil @ Sep 18 2012, 05:27 PM) *
So I just jumped in on this, so far I am loving it.

Task 1 is a great exercise for me. My hand is actually cramping up, I guess I am training muscles I dont normally use???

Excellent ! biggrin.gif

Wow, yes.. I'd say this is exactly what you need. Just keep it steady and don't push yourself to pain. If your hand is cramping up make sure you keep taking breaks and make sure there's good blood flow / warmth. smile.gif

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd April 2024 - 01:03 PM