> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

161 Pages V  « < 39 40 41 42 43 > »   
Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 21 2016, 02:40 PM
Instructor
yes! Using the help of other fingers is the easier way, but it can happen that we have to use only our index finger to bend and why would you miss this possibility? If you find it totally unnatural, you can go for the other way with it. It's ok too.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 21 2016, 09:20 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks Gab,
I don't want to miss this possibility, that's why I'm going to practice index finger bends on my acoustic to build the muscular strength in my index finger and forearm muscle relative to that finger wink.gif

I've been hitting the full bend this evening with my index finger, not much control though, sometimes over sometimes under but that will come when I get back to it after my holiday. I find another tricky thing for me is the transition from playing that bend and then the notes at the 8th fret. It's hard for me to smoothly go from the bent note to the unbent notes on the same string without hearing a moment when the bend is released, it sounds messy. He plays is so quickly on the studio version that I can't see how he releases the bend without it being heard, even just a little bit.

Anyway, I look forward to my return and the continuation of this challenge. The Rock Steady solo is harder than it sounds, for me anyway, but we'll get there. I may be taking a couple of detentions though sir smile.gif I'll be around the forum while I'm away.

Holiday starts tomorrow evening. Going to the airport and staying in a hotel on the airport ready for the morning flight on Saturday, so a nice meal and fine wine tomorrow is the start of the jollydays wink.gif

Take care buddy.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 21 2016, 10:43 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil! I'm happy to know that it's time for your really deserved vacation! I hope that you have a great time with your wife. Enjoy it and share pictures of the best moments! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 21 2016, 10:51 PM
Thanks Gab,

We will rock and roll each and every day. Let's hope, with recent events in mind that ISIS don't get us sad.gif

Cheers buddy, I've been working 13 hour days so I need my batteries recharging smile.gif

Speak soon

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 22 2016, 05:22 PM
Instructor
All the best my friend! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 25 2016, 10:24 PM
Cheers buddy,
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=57264
wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 26 2016, 02:19 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, I hope that you are enjoying your stay at France.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 27 2016, 05:52 PM
Thanks Gab,

Recharging my physical and mental batteries. Had a great day at Monaco today.
Updates are over at the "Bit worrying" thread ;-)

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jul 27 2016, 05:54 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 28 2016, 07:54 PM
Instructor
Hi friend, nice to know that you are having a great time. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 4 2016, 10:06 PM
Two more days and my fingers are back on the fretboard mate wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 4 2016, 10:13 PM
Instructor
Cool! I hope that you are enjoying your vacation!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 4 2016, 10:55 PM
Yeah thanks Gab,
We are having a great time and the army have stopped the foot patrols now and are only patrolling in jeeps every couple of hours.
Cheers buddy
Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Aug 5 2016, 07:26 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 5 2016, 01:33 PM
Instructor
Great to know it mate! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 6 2016, 08:39 PM
Hello Gab,

I'm back. I've had a go at Rock Steady just seeing how much I have lost and surprisingly I held it down pretty good I think BUT, I feel a total numpty, I must've played along with it so many times and I've never noticed the change in the rhythm chords. I guess it's because I just closed my eyes and locked into it. Tonight I was browsing through the TAB and noticed that from the chorus the rhythm changes to power chords. I can't believe I didn't notice, I'm not sure if I played it in a pub in a little covers band that the audience would be bothered but I am disappointed in myself.
I guess I have to relearn it all again now, I know power chords aren't difficult but it's the sliding to position at the speed required that will need the work. I'l be back on it properly tomorrow all being well, got a lot of stuff to sort for home and work but fingers crossed I'll get some time on the geetar.

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 7 2016, 09:15 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil! Welcome back!! Ok, this is not that dramatic, just a detail adjust. wink.gif

So let's set a new deadline for the last assignment.

NEW DEADLINE: August 17th.

OK?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 7 2016, 09:33 PM
Thanks Gab,

Do you think the tab is correct? I can't hear it t be honest. In fact I hear it as though, like I said before, he isn't playing the last chord in the riff (notes G and C) but is holding the last but one chord (notes A and D) over the same time span. I've put the YouTube video below at the part I mean. I'm getting all confused now wacko.gif

This is the timed link, for some reason you can't post a YouTube video that doesn't start at the beginning so I've put the hyperlink.

https://youtu.be/mO3I_YfcY48?t=86

Thanks for your help Gab. Not had much time this evening getting stuff ready for work etc. But full on tomorrow smile.gif

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 8 2016, 01:47 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, I don't know if I'm getting what you mean, but the only difference that I need at that second is that the ending of the riff is played softer there, so the chords sound less present.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 8 2016, 09:22 PM
Hello Gab,

Sorry but I'm trying to make this as easy as possible because I know you are busy. I've sent you a PM with a link to a shared folder on my cloud.

I'm using version 1. If you look at bar 62 onward it has power chords BUT I hear all of the rhythm like it is shown in bar 17 when the singer is singing. I don't hear the power chords as shown in bar 62 anywhere.

In summary, I hear the rhythm as it is in bars 1-3 when the singer isn't singing and when he is singing I hear it like bars 16-17 this is up until the outro which I haven't really look at yet. As I said, I can't hear the power chords from bar 67 and onward. Maybe my ears aren't up to it yet.

Those PDFs are direct output from Ultimate Guitar Tab Pro.

Cheers Gab.

UPDATE:
At this minute (I can see you are online mate) I am working on the C5 A5 D5 C5 bit, it is going to take time and I don't think I'll pass the deadline with everything but I am giving it a go even though I can't hear it in the studio track. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Aug 9 2016, 07:39 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 9 2016, 07:50 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, I could check both version and played along with the song. Version 2 is the one that is correct, not only because of the part that you are talking about, also because of the main riff that includes frets 5 and 7 in the fifth string.

Does it make sense?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 9 2016, 07:53 PM
I'll check it out now Gab. I was working on the C5 A5 D5 C5 just but I'll check out the version 2.

Either way, it's all good for the fingers and I don't think the average audience would care if either way was played. That's the thing with learning a song like this, so long as it is in the reference area, the crowd will enjoy it cool.gif

Thank you so much for your help mate.

Phil

UPDATE:

Oh WOW, the pre-chorus is totally different laugh.gif The TAB layout isn't as good either but no worries it's all good.

UPDATE:

It's too hard to follow that TAB for version 1 as it splits the guitar parts and you can only display one guitar part at a time while the player is running. unsure.gif Check PM please.

This post has been edited by Phil66: Aug 9 2016, 08:12 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

161 Pages V  « < 39 40 41 42 43 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:27 PM