2 Pages V   1 2 >  
My First Tab!
Spock
Apr 7 2013, 12:06 PM
GMC:er

So, thanks to "JSTCRSN"s suggestion about Tux Guitar in the "AP Help Needed Thread", I downloaded Tux Guitar and instead of doing any actual work at the office on Friday, decided to attempt to learn this program.

I love it, but I will go ahead and get Guitar Pro soon. Anyway, this is a mile-stone for me. Being someone that has never understood music, this is one of life's small mountains.

Got a question though, what do I export to actually post tab as an image, or readable in a browser?

This tab is to a solo to a song idea I came up with last Saturday, and being midi, I loaded it into garageband and threw some horns and violins on it...

I do realize that compared to most of what I have heard from you guys on this site, this solo is not flashy, and rather amateurish, being mostly HO/POs, but I did incorporate tapping into it, which is new to me, so that is another little milestone.

I was just so giddy with my first tab I had to post...

https://soundcloud.com/lllspocklll/solo-midi

Here's the actual song idea; solo at 2:38

https://soundcloud.com/lllspocklll/song4

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Spock: Apr 7 2013, 12:07 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Apr 7 2013, 12:10 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Spock @ Apr 7 2013, 12:06 PM) *

So, thanks to "JSTCRSN"s suggestion about Tux Guitar in the "AP Help Needed Thread", I downloaded Tux Guitar and instead of doing any actual work at the office on Friday, decided to attempt to learn this program.

I love it, but I will go ahead and get Guitar Pro soon. Anyway, this is a mile-stone for me. Being someone that has never understood music, this is one of life's small mountains.

Got a question though, what do I export to actually post tab as an image, or readable in a browser?

This tab is to a solo to a song idea I came up with last Saturday, and being midi, I loaded it into garageband and threw some horns and violins on it...

I do realize that compared to most of what I have heard from you guys on this site, this solo is not flashy, and rather amateurish, being mostly HO/POs, but I did incorporate tapping into it, which is new to me, so that is another little milestone.

I was just so giddy with my first tab I had to post...

https://soundcloud.com/lllspocklll/solo-midi

Here's the actual song idea; solo at 2:38

https://soundcloud.com/lllspocklll/song4

you will need to save it as a gp5 file so this website can recognize it , and then it should download

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Apr 7 2013, 12:27 PM
Learning Tone Master
You could also export as PDF if you only want to post the printed tabs.

+Quote Post
Spock
Apr 7 2013, 12:38 PM
There is an option to post as "all supported formats" or "Guitar Pro" 3 through 5, but it just saves it as a .tg file.

The PDF is sort of pixelated looking. I guess I was hoping it would create nice HTML text tabs like I see many times online, but I guess I can post the .tg file.

So, when you guys post files on here, that are not sound files, where do you upload the file to, in order to link it here?

Thanks for your help.

This post has been edited by Spock: Apr 7 2013, 12:39 PM

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Apr 7 2013, 12:41 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Apr 7 2013, 12:10 PM) *
you will need to save it as a gp5 file so this website can recognize it , and then it should download

up load, download, whatever , if you just remember that i am a load, you will be better off

QUOTE (Spock @ Apr 7 2013, 12:38 PM) *
There is an option to post as "all supported formats" or "Guitar Pro" 3 through 5, but it just saves it as a .tg file.

The PDF is sort of pixelated looking. I guess I was hoping it would create nice HTML text tabs like I see many times online, but I guess I can post the .tg file.

So, when you guys post files on here, that are not sound files, where do you upload the file to, in order to link it here?

Thanks for your help.

same place you posted this

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Apr 7 2013, 12:45 PM

+Quote Post
Spock
Apr 7 2013, 12:45 PM
OH! I just saw this option at the bottom!

DOH!

Attached File  solo.gp5 ( 3.73K ) Number of downloads: 63

It saved it as a GP5 when I manually overwrote the .TG extension. I'm not sure if that is the correct way to do it, maybe someone with Guitar Pro can try opening it and let me know if that method works.

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Apr 7 2013, 12:47 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Spock @ Apr 7 2013, 12:45 PM) *
OH! I just saw this option at the bottom!

DOH!

Attached File  solo.gp5 ( 3.73K ) Number of downloads: 63

It saved it as a GP5 when I manually overwrote the .TG extension. I'm not sure if that is the correct way to do it, maybe someone with Guitar Pro can try opening it and let me know if that method works.

it opened fine, welcome to wonderful , time consuming world of tabing out your musac ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Spock
Apr 7 2013, 12:51 PM
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Apr 7 2013, 07:47 AM) *
it opened fine, welcome to wonderful , time consuming world of tabing out your musac ohmy.gif

Oh, so that "time consuming" part never gets quicker?

Well, at least I have something else to be maniacal about!

Thanks!

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Apr 7 2013, 12:55 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Spock @ Apr 7 2013, 12:51 PM) *
Oh, so that "time consuming" part never gets quicker?

Well, at least I have something else to be maniacal about!

Thanks!
wait till you get to the part where you have spent 3 hours of your life and you hit the space bar , and for some unknown reason it disappears, and even your undo doesn't work
mellow.gif

+Quote Post
Spock
Apr 7 2013, 01:01 PM
I see. So, tabbing will require a prescription of Valium, I did notice that.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 7 2013, 01:12 PM
Instructor
Hey mate! Since the tab problem was solved, I'd like to talk to you about other things:

- the song sounds very good - the orchestration and progressions are nice and fresh - add a vocal line and you may end up with a catchy tune!

- when playing the solo, take care at reaching the correct pitches of the notes and also watch out for the note choice in the key points of the solo:

- for instance, at 02:51 - that note does not sound that ok ish there
- also, some of the notes making up the tapping section don't sound so good over the chords

I'll talk about this in a little movie right away smile.gif

+Quote Post
Spock
Apr 7 2013, 01:54 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 7 2013, 08:12 AM) *
- for instance, at 02:51 - that note does not sound that ok ish there
- also, some of the notes making up the tapping section don't sound so good over the chords

I'll talk about this in a little movie right away smile.gif

Thanks for your suggestion Cosmin, but I have to say I like that note at 2:51. As far as the tapping part, I would prefer changing the notes in the rhythm behind it as opposed to those notes, and I'll work on that.

At this point that song idea doesn't really have a Chorus, and the song time is already a bit longer, but, as with everything I've always come up with, it's a work in progress until I actually spend money to do it in a studio (which for this batch of current songs, I never will).

Vocals are the next thing I need to work on for all my songs, my biggest problem is practicing singing, you see, my neighbors would hear me, and I am concerned they might think I am inside screwing the dog or something. I really need to figure out practicing vocals. Oh yea, and one other drawback to my singing is, my singing.

I could have sworn I saw you had just posted a new topic concerning what you stated here, but now I can't find it.

This post has been edited by Spock: Apr 7 2013, 02:19 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 7 2013, 08:41 PM
Instructor
Here are some ideas biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 7 2013, 08:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Spock @ Apr 7 2013, 09:54 AM) *
Thanks for your suggestion Cosmin, but I have to say I like that note at 2:51. As far as the tapping part, I would prefer changing the notes in
Vocals are the next thing I need to work on for all my songs, my biggest problem is practicing singing, you see, my neighbors would hear me, and I am concerned they might think I am inside screwing the dog or something. I really need to figure out practicing vocals. Oh yea, and one other drawback to my singing is, my singing.

I just heard your composition and I really liked it! It sounds modern, catchy and the guitar solo is very interesting too. You should definitely add some vocals over it! I understand what you say about neighbors, even more if you live in a department. However you should find that time when they aren't at home. We have many good exercises to practice singing here at GMC. Vocalizing is a a great training!

Check out Luciana's lessons for that:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Luciana-Segovia/

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Spock
Apr 7 2013, 09:36 PM
Thanks Gab, I very much appreciate that and am excited to see where the song ends up. It usually take me around a month before I have settled on an idea, but I have to say this one came so quick and simple, I don't know if there will be much changing.

@ Cosmin. Man, I am honored that you would take the time to make that video for me, and I totally understand what you are saying. Yes, I will change the notes in my tapping, i was reluctant because I have a hard time jumping to the correct position, and I am lucky, at this phase, to get to those notes from the prior position. But yes, I will fix it, it will take me a little time to be able to do it smoothly though. Thanks for your input!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 8 2013, 09:31 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Spock @ Apr 7 2013, 08:36 PM) *
Thanks Gab, I very much appreciate that and am excited to see where the song ends up. It usually take me around a month before I have settled on an idea, but I have to say this one came so quick and simple, I don't know if there will be much changing.

@ Cosmin. Man, I am honored that you would take the time to make that video for me, and I totally understand what you are saying. Yes, I will change the notes in my tapping, i was reluctant because I have a hard time jumping to the correct position, and I am lucky, at this phase, to get to those notes from the prior position. But yes, I will fix it, it will take me a little time to be able to do it smoothly though. Thanks for your input!

Anytime mate! smile.gif Looking forward to hear the next take wink.gif

+Quote Post
Spock
Apr 17 2013, 11:14 AM
I've tried Cosmin, and I just can't hear a tapping part I (personally) like better. I've tried doing it on the guitar, in TuxGuitar. I pulled out the scale generator, looked up the backing chords and tried to figure out what scale they were - I just like the notes I'm using.

Maybe I'm tone deaf, which would suck!!!! huh.gif

I don't mind being schooled, that's why I'm a member.

This post has been edited by Spock: Apr 17 2013, 11:19 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 18 2013, 08:46 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Spock @ Apr 17 2013, 10:14 AM) *
I've tried Cosmin, and I just can't hear a tapping part I (personally) like better. I've tried doing it on the guitar, in TuxGuitar. I pulled out the scale generator, looked up the backing chords and tried to figure out what scale they were - I just like the notes I'm using.

Maybe I'm tone deaf, which would suck!!!! huh.gif

I don't mind being schooled, that's why I'm a member.

Hey again mate smile.gif Here's what I suggest - can you tell me the chords over which that tapping part occurs? I want to try something myself wink.gif

+Quote Post
Spock
Apr 18 2013, 09:14 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 18 2013, 03:46 AM) *
Hey again mate smile.gif Here's what I suggest - can you tell me the chords over which that tapping part occurs? I want to try something myself wink.gif

I sure will. I'll put them up in a minute when I go back there to my hole.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 18 2013, 09:32 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Spock @ Apr 18 2013, 08:14 AM) *
I sure will. I'll put them up in a minute when I go back there to my hole.

Aye!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:33 PM