I'm In A Extreme'ly Weird Mood Tonight, What do you think about this?
UncleSkillet
Oct 17 2009, 02:47 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I have always loved there music and energy. It's very motivating I think. tongue.gif

Decadence Dance - Sorry can't embed. mad.gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MMkd8l_dEw&feature=fvw

Nuno looks like he has 2 black eyes here laugh.gif but listen to what he is saying. Good addvice and it helps watching if you want to learn the song.

Get the Funk Out

Rest in Peace

Kid Ego

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Oct 17 2009, 03:48 AM

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Oct 17 2009, 04:09 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
All of these guys are awesome musicians in there own right but something never really jived for me when Extreme was making hits. Obviously, its me because they were huge but the only song I ever cared for was..

Yep, More Than words

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Oct 17 2009, 04:19 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Ahh yes Steve! That was a classic. I played it (live, yes on my acoustic) at my wedding for my wife to be, but of course I didn't sing. She wouldn't have said I do then laugh.gif biggrin.gif

EDIT:
PS, 14 years happily married as of October 8th. Thanks! smile.gif

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Oct 17 2009, 04:31 AM

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
kahall
Oct 17 2009, 05:55 AM
Learning Roadie
Nice video distraction. Cool!

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
midnight
Oct 17 2009, 06:17 AM
GMC:er
I really like the way he plays, but never could get into Extreme.

+Quote Post
Artemus
Oct 17 2009, 12:38 PM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Oct 17 2009, 04:19 AM) *
EDIT:
PS, 14 years happily married as of October 8th. Thanks! smile.gif

Congratulations!! biggrin.gif

I've always enjoyed Extreme, favourite album being III Sides To Every Story - there's some awesome playing and funkilicious grooves. Politicalamity, Cupid's Dead, Rest In Peace.. Absolute corkers!
I never cared much their ballads though. Just personal taste, that's all.

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
Staffy
Oct 17 2009, 01:14 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Oct 17 2009, 03:47 AM) *
Nuno looks like he has 2 black eyes here laugh.gif but listen to what he is saying. Good addvice and it helps watching if you want to learn the song.

What he's saying about NOT watching a player when learning a song it's really interesting, at some point I agree to that, but at the same time it can be a lot of help when You are learning some licks. I think the most important thing is to be creative AFTER You've learned some licks from another player, developing new licks in the style of Your own based on the concepts learned from other players... That's the way I try to do it, incorporate other player's licks into Your own playing make's no sense to me, it just gonna sound like a carbon copy of another player. I think the creative process in the art of playing guitar is vastly underestimated and that this must be a goal for every aspiring guitar player since Your own style is what make's You unique comparing to others....

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Oct 17 2009, 01:20 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (Artemus @ Oct 17 2009, 01:38 PM) *
Congratulations!! biggrin.gif

I've always enjoyed Extreme, favourite album being III Sides To Every Story - there's some awesome playing and funkilicious grooves. Politicalamity, Cupid's Dead, Rest In Peace.. Absolute corkers!
I never cared much their ballads though. Just personal taste, that's all.

III sides to every story is my favourite album too smile.gif
Great stuff, and Nuno is just amazing biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Oct 17 2009, 04:36 PM
Instructor
Oh yeah!
I've been in an Extreme mood myself lately!
Such a great band!!!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Oct 17 2009, 04:48 PM
GMC:er
i knew of nuno, not his band...i really like they guys....this would be really fun music to play!

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 17 2009, 05:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Staffy @ Oct 17 2009, 02:14 PM) *
What he's saying about NOT watching a player when learning a song it's really interesting, at some point I agree to that, but at the same time it can be a lot of help when You are learning some licks. I think the most important thing is to be creative AFTER You've learned some licks from another player, developing new licks in the style of Your own based on the concepts learned from other players... That's the way I try to do it, incorporate other player's licks into Your own playing make's no sense to me, it just gonna sound like a carbon copy of another player. I think the creative process in the art of playing guitar is vastly underestimated and that this must be a goal for every aspiring guitar player since Your own style is what make's You unique comparing to others....

//Staffay

Well said, problems might happen after you learn a lick
and don't try to play it in your own way.
Also, there is probably nothing wrong in listening and watching MORE different players,
totally different players with different styles and everything.
You get some ideas and insight, add bit of yourself and you get pretty a lot.

Nuno is amazing tho, I've been Extreme fan for ages,
last sentence in first video posted was epic btw:
"I played too much in this song, don't do that". biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Oct 17 2009, 09:30 PM
Jazz Instructor
Cool playing! Only thing I knew from Extreme was More then words! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Oct 17 2009, 09:47 PM
Instructor
Cool videos smile.gif Nuno rocks! Never been much of an Extreme fan though.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:17 AM