Picking
azureus
Dec 8 2012, 01:57 PM
GMC:er
wink.gif Ben ,

This is one of me bad habbits ,i am doing for years !!
Digging in the pick between strings!!
In the half vid i try to correct it the richt way ? ..so far i can see
From the wrist ,traicht up and dow,brusching more over the strings !!,???

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Christophe
Dec 8 2012, 03:14 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi ^^

You can't concentrate while listening to the TV. And for the rest I don't understand what you're trying to say, sorry.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Christophe: Dec 8 2012, 03:14 PM

--------------------
Gear : ESP LTD MH-401QM ; Zoom G2.1Nu ; Blackstar HT-5 Preamp ; Blackstar HT-112 Speaker;

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 8 2012, 03:36 PM
Instructor
Hi man.. were they talking about Hell's Angels on the tv ? tongue.gif

At first it just looks like you are maybe picking too hard with the pick in a parallel position to the strings. In the second half of the video your picking looks more even and the angle of the pick is pointing down a bit more. Altering the angle of the pick is good because it means there is less of the pick to get caught on the strings. That means less resistance which means it's slightly easier to pick.

Have a look at this Paul Gilbert video where he talks about pick angles. You might find some good tips there too smile.gif

+Quote Post
azureus
Dec 8 2012, 04:12 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 8 2012, 02:36 PM) *
Hi man.. were they talking about Hell's Angels on the tv ? tongue.gif

At first it just looks like you are maybe picking too hard with the pick in a parallel position to the strings. In the second half of the video your picking looks more even and the angle of the pick is pointing down a bit more. Altering the angle of the pick is good because it means there is less of the pick to get caught on the strings. That means less resistance which means it's slightly easier to pick.

Have a look at this Paul Gilbert video where he talks about pick angles. You might find some good tips there too smile.gif

Jezus!!!!..i see a lot from Pauly ,and everytime!!..i am blow away! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
Thank you Ben !

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:19 PM