Smashing Pumpkins Lesson
JVM
Jul 30 2008, 01:10 AM
Learning Roadie
While it would be REALLY COOL if any of the instructors would do a smashing pumpkins lesson, this topic is really to ask GMC if they would be interested in me doing a student instructor lesson. It would be in the style of the Gish through Mellon Collie era, the heavier stuff. Riffing, soloing, melodies (think of the kind of stuff in 'Today', a pumpkins trademark in my eyes). However, I can't sing like billy (no singing biggrin.gif), nor program drums to sound like Jimmy. Anyway, just seeing if anyone is interested.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jul 30 2008, 10:39 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I love smashing pumpkins smile.gif
If you wanna make a lesson, please do so smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 30 2008, 12:03 PM
Instructor
Hey if you wanna do the lesson - go for it man, it's a nice way to learn something new yourself, and also something new for the rest of us. I would do it, but already have planned lessons till September smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Fran
Jul 30 2008, 12:53 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Sure JVM, Smashing Pumpkins have some great songs, I specially like Bullet with Butterfly wings, Tonight, tonight and Bring the light.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
JVM
Jul 30 2008, 03:19 PM
Learning Roadie
Cool. Well, I'm going to jam with my drummer today so I think we'll go over it and I'll try to get a nice arrangement. Try the songs "I am One" "Siva" "Tristessa" "quiet" "silverf*ck" and others in that vein for an idea of what I'm getting at. smile.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Jul 30 2008, 03:26 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Go for it , smashing is a great band and Billy Corgan is an awesome guitar player.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Guitar1969
Jul 30 2008, 07:34 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (JVM @ Jul 29 2008, 05:10 PM) *
While it would be REALLY COOL if any of the instructors would do a smashing pumpkins lesson, this topic is really to ask GMC if they would be interested in me doing a student instructor lesson. It would be in the style of the Gish through Mellon Collie era, the heavier stuff. Riffing, soloing, melodies (think of the kind of stuff in 'Today', a pumpkins trademark in my eyes). However, I can't sing like billy (no singing biggrin.gif), nor program drums to sound like Jimmy. Anyway, just seeing if anyone is interested.

Go for it - I personally think there's a need for more alternative style rock lessons on GMC. I am not really into speed/death/metal and it seems like there's more than enough of a concentration of those style lessons on GMC. But I am working through the non style specific lessons and blues lessons(Which helps with other styles), which there are more than enough of, so it doesn't hinder me in my progress.

--------------------
"Three Chords & The Truth . . ."

+Quote Post
JVM
Jul 31 2008, 03:01 AM
Learning Roadie
Well, we had an awesome jam. I wish we had a bass player to jam with, that would make it even better tongue.gif

I just need to finish working on the solo a bit, and maybe tweak the main riff a bit (at the moment its more "my" style than pumpkins, so I might change that or might keep it) then I'll do the lesson. I unfortunately don't have video, but I'll be as thorough as I can with audio and tabs.

--------------------

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jul 31 2008, 03:12 AM
QUOTE (JVM @ Jul 29 2008, 07:10 PM) *

living in a college town, the record for any band causing kids to most to freeze their asses off in the dead of winter was the Pumpkins.

he has been doing these Beatles things with Cheap Trick recently, he has played with them for years, guess they are friends, from Chicago. Cheap Trick is my favorite all time American band btw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0plWhBXJ04...feature=related

+Quote Post
JVM
Jul 31 2008, 04:16 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (fkalich @ Jul 30 2008, 10:12 PM) *
living in a college town, the record for any band causing kids to most to freeze their asses off in the dead of winter was the Pumpkins.

he has been doing these Beatles things with Cheap Trick recently, he has played with them for years, guess they are friends, from Chicago. Cheap Trick is my favorite all time American band btw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0plWhBXJ04...feature=related

I've got tickets to see them on the 17th in raleigh smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tomotoms
Jul 31 2008, 05:08 PM
I'm a huge SP fan (they are my favourite band) anyone seen the new Billy Corgan Fenders?

http://www.guitarvillage.co.uk/product-detail.asp?id=6729

This post has been edited by Tomotoms: Jul 31 2008, 05:08 PM

+Quote Post
JVM
Jul 31 2008, 06:31 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Tomotoms @ Jul 31 2008, 12:08 PM) *
I'm a huge SP fan (they are my favourite band) anyone seen the new Billy Corgan Fenders?

http://www.guitarvillage.co.uk/product-detail.asp?id=6729

That's awesome. I have an american deluxe strat which gets pretty close to his sound. And it's a decent price for an artist model, too. Some of them are ridiculous.

--------------------

+Quote Post
norma21
Aug 1 2008, 06:57 PM
ive been wanting a smashing pumpkins lessons so im looking forward to this

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Aug 1 2008, 07:24 PM
Instructor
great request !!! I'm not a fan, but some songs are really interesting smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:43 AM