4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Gmc Goes Reggae Collab, Jamaican vibes!
Gabriel Leopardi
May 1 2017, 06:11 PM
Instructor
Hello friends! Welcome to a new GMC collaboration!

As requested by some kind GMCers, the topic is REGGAE! This beauty Jamaican style full of groove and nice vibes. I've borrowed this backing from this killer lesson: LINK. So you can go there to learn the rhythm and theory needed.

We could make this one with vocals or instrumental, it depends on the material that I receive here. Everything is welcome.

There are only two requisites in these collabs: try to make simple and tasty stuff for this one.

Backing track: Attached File  GMC_goes_Reggae_Collab_Backing.mp3 ( 2.71MB ) Number of downloads: 656

Tempo: 130 bpm

The chord progression is:

C - G - Am - F - C - G - C - G

The scale suggested is C major:

IF YOU NEED HELP LET ME KNOW! I'M HERE TO GUIDE YOU.

IMPORTANT INFO About files required:

In order to make the things easier for compiling takes and mixing I need that each participant shares 3 files:

- Audio file with the mix of the backing and your guitar.
- Audio file only with your guitar (If possible this audio should have the same length than the mix version)
- Video of you playing the solo, and if it's not possible a picture. (Mp4 format if it's possible)

The best way to share this is compressing in a zip file to be downloaded from here or using sharing service as dropbox, wetransfer, and copying the link here.

If you decide to share your files using soundcloud please remember to "allow downloads".

Thanks!

DEADLINE: May 30th

PS: Are you a new member? A GMC collaboration is based on a backing track over which you can add your playing (solos, arrangements, vocals, other instruments) and share it here. Then I'll mix everything to build a full song.

Who is in??

Final video:

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Jun 13 2017, 01:58 AM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 1 2017, 08:38 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I'm in, this will be fun smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 2 2017, 01:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 1 2017, 04:38 PM) *
I'm in, this will be fun smile.gif

Welcome!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 2 2017, 08:52 PM
Been trying this tonight, very tricky biggrin.gif

For some inspiration check out the link below. I've posted a link that will take you straight to the solo. wink.gif
https://youtu.be/x59kS2AOrGM?t=246

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 3 2017, 10:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 2 2017, 04:52 PM) *
Been trying this tonight, very tricky biggrin.gif

For some inspiration check out the link below. I've posted a link that will take you straight to the solo. wink.gif
https://youtu.be/x59kS2AOrGM?t=246

That solo is very inspiring. Thanks Phil! Let's invite other GMCers to this one!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
May 8 2017, 03:25 PM
Learning Rock Star
Do you guys have any ideas for lyrics? It's not my strong point especially for reggae smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
May 8 2017, 06:35 PM
GMC:er
I'll definitely get something done for this Gab!! Maybe some Bass too!
I'll have a think about some Lyrics Ben!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 8 2017, 10:17 PM
I always thought reggae was very simplistic but, watching that video and listening to the backing, it ain't easy rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: May 8 2017, 10:17 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 9 2017, 03:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ May 8 2017, 11:25 AM) *
Do you guys have any ideas for lyrics? It's not my strong point especially for reggae smile.gif

What about covering a positive topic like hopefulness, faith, and love?

I always liked this phrase, maybe something related to this or even cite this:

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. Jimi Hendrix
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/j...ndri195397.html

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ May 8 2017, 02:35 PM) *
I'll definitely get something done for this Gab!! Maybe some Bass too!
I'll have a think about some Lyrics Ben!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Awesome! smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 8 2017, 06:17 PM) *
I always thought reggae was very simplistic but, watching that video and listening to the backing, it ain't easy rolleyes.gif

It's a unique style. I was reading a bit at wiki and it's interesting how each instrument is covered and described there. Check it: LINK

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 9 2017, 05:38 PM
Interesting link Gab. I remember in the late 70s early 80s a lot of friends and I were into punk, a lot of punk bands had reggae support bands.
One of my friends and I went to a gig in a place called The Festival Suite over the top of some shops in Birmingham city centre, we only knew of one band on the bill called Fast Relief, http://www.birminghammusicarchive.com/fast-relief/ who were first on the bill. We knew one song of theirs that was also called Fast Relief, a punk bloke sold us the tickets so we were expecting to discover some new punk bands. We walked into the room and we were the only white people in there, there were only two seats available, right in the middle of about twenty Rastafarians. The whole room looked at us, two young, (about 15 years old) white punks. We felt really intimidated. By the end of the night they were buying us pints of beer (legal age is 18) and talking about reggae and punk. We often bumped into them on the streets of the city after that night, we picked up a little patois and they used to laugh at us trying to speak like them smile.gif

Just a little tale I thought I'd share wink.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: May 9 2017, 05:40 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 10 2017, 09:21 PM
Instructor
Nice story Phil! It could also be the topic for the lyrics. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 22 2017, 03:04 PM
Instructor
How is this going guys? Do you prefer moving to another style?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 22 2017, 03:44 PM
I've been struggling, I know I suggested it but I didn't think it would be so tricky.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
May 22 2017, 03:44 PM
GMC:er
All good here Gab! Bass line done, Guitar just about done. Just need to do videos for both and am working on the Lyrics!
Will hopefully have all done in the next couple of days!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 22 2017, 03:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ May 22 2017, 11:44 AM) *
All good here Gab! Bass line done, Guitar just about done. Just need to do videos for both and am working on the Lyrics!
biggrin.gif

Nice!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
May 22 2017, 05:08 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ May 22 2017, 04:44 PM) *
biggrin.gif

Do you want to sing the lyrics yourself, or can I chime in? smile.gif

I can't come up with any lyrics. I've never done raggae before and I find it hard to find the right spirit and mood.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 22 2017, 07:52 PM
For a bit more inspiration for us all, here is a video of a friend of mine playing his track "Crab Racing". It's got a reggae backing (after 00:16) but not so much a reggae guitar. The solo section loses the reggae backing but it does come back in afterwards. Maybe we need to NOT try to play conventional reggae guitar. It would be nice to do a Reggae style solo but if we can't then maybe something like this. Just something to think about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-m7yP5aSHY

This post has been edited by Phil66: May 22 2017, 07:59 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 22 2017, 08:33 PM
After all I said above, this is nothing like Simon's piece, I ain't got the skill laugh.gif

Just noodling, getting into it a bit now.
https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/reggae-attempt-1

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 23 2017, 03:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 22 2017, 03:52 PM) *
For a bit more inspiration for us all, here is a video of a friend of mine playing his track "Crab Racing". It's got a reggae backing (after 00:16) but not so much a reggae guitar. The solo section loses the reggae backing but it does come back in afterwards. Maybe we need to NOT try to play conventional reggae guitar. It would be nice to do a Reggae style solo but if we can't then maybe something like this. Just something to think about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-m7yP5aSHY

That's very interesting! Great input Phil! I would like to see YOU rocking over this Reggae backing with a tone like that!

QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 22 2017, 04:33 PM) *
After all I said above, this is nothing like Simon's piece, I ain't got the skill laugh.gif

Just noodling, getting into it a bit now.
https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/reggae-attempt-1

Excellent!! We definitely need this! Go for it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
May 23 2017, 05:44 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi everybody

Sorry fot this one
I learn Sweet home alabama with my son, every day I work on and other Gab's lesson
I can't participate

I'll follow your take smile.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:31 PM