> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Weezer Style, Lesson By Gabriel Leopardi
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Tom51
Jun 15 2016, 02:47 PM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: Weezer Style by Gabriel Leopardi

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 17 2016, 07:18 PM
Instructor
Hi Tom!

Great job here! We are working at the mentoring thread so I know how much hard work it took to get this one and I'm amazed of your discipline and progress.

There is some room to improvements, but the progress is so big!

Things to have in mind:

- Try to make the lead arrangement in the intro sound smoother. We've talked about your right hand motion. Re-check it there since it doesn't look good.

- Try to make the chord changes starting at 00:36 smoother. You need to make the silence between chord changes smaller. Work on two chords at a time going from one to the other, trying to make the change faster.

Ok mate, keep on the hard work!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 20 2016, 01:04 PM
Instructor
Hi Tom, good stuff mate.

Gabriel is obviously doing something right because your progress is very impressive. cool.gif

The main issue here is moving from one chord shape to another. It's a tricky business and one that can take a frustratingly long time but it's also something that gradually becomes smoother and smoother with time served.

You'll notice that when you're moving those barre chord shapes that the first couple of strums for each shape is slightly scratchy? That's because not all the fingers are fretting the strings properly and it takes a short moment for them to settle into the new shape. There's nothing unusual about this phenomena, it's just something you'll eradicate as your fingers become more used to the shapes.

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Jun 20 2016, 01:05 PM

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jun 21 2016, 10:12 AM
Instructor
Hey Tom!

In the rhythm part I can notice two details:
1. First hit of each powerchord is weak. You need to work out your position shifts so once you change the position, you won't loose the quality of first hit on the new chord.

2. Watch out for tuning. At some points there are little pitch issues. May be caused by a little to strong fingers pressure or just a case of little more time spoent on rechecking the tune (on the frets, not only the open strings)

As for the lead part I would suggest reviewing two things:
1. You pick grip looks a little unstable. Maybe it's worth trying to put the pick on the side of index finger, not on the print side. You will need less strength to keep it steady. That's how most of us do this. There are exceptions but it's worth trying out before you decide for your whole future playing.

2. Your picking direction looks quite random. This may cause some timing issue and a totally different feel of comfort/relax on every time you play this lesson. Those are simpyl things but it's worth learning how to assign picking direction, even if the speed doesn't make you "hav to" do this smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 22 2016, 10:20 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 6.7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:08 PM