2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Budget Guitar Time!, The topic no one wants to weigh in on!
Hardtail
Jun 29 2007, 07:45 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (jammer91 @ Jun 29 2007, 06:10 AM) *
Just get a squier starter kit. It comes with everything he needs.

Well those kits are $199.00 minimum brand new and the Squires they come with are "Affinity" series which are made in indonesia and are even worse than a standard Squire.

So I have been hunting Ebay like a mad man and ended up getting a steal. It is a black Fender Squire Stratocaster (Standard not Affinity) with an RMS 10 Watt amp for $77.50 shipped. A bud of mine at the local guitar shop said that he has enough spare parts from standard fenders that if anything is wrong with it he can replace those parts for free. I already purchased new nobs since the original owner colored them with a marker. mellow.gif

This was the listing (and don't worry I got more information from him before buying it):

Guitar

The only thing now is getting the guitar here and setting it up before my Nephews Birthday! ohmy.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Beginner's Amp & Guitar Gear Guide
My Keeley Blues Driver BD-2 Review
My Line6 Flextone II Review

Guitars: Martin D-16RGT with B-Band UST & '99 Fender "Big Apple" Hardtail HH Strat
Amps: Fender Blues Junior Special Edition & Fender Studio 85 (Simultaneous... yummy)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jun 29 2007, 08:56 PM
Good luck smile.gif Fender is a great starting guitar

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
SDMF75
Jun 29 2007, 09:17 PM
That's a nice looking Strat!

--------------------
Guitars - Schecter C1-FR Hellraiser Black Cherry
Ibanez Iceman w/ DiMarzio Super Distortion in the Bridge and DiMarzio Humbucker from Hell in the Neck
Xaviere XV-700 Cherry Sunburst (Les Paul copy)
Lyon Def Leppard Special Union Jack (to go under construction soon - 1st thing to be removed will be the Def Lep logo on the headstock and then off to change the pickups etc. - plays pretty well for a Target special)
Washburn KC-40 (in pieces and about to be re-painted)
Yamaha Classical Acoustic

Bass - Signed Gene Simmons Punisher Tobacco Sunburst #345 - Collector purposes only

Amp - Roland Cube 60, Roland MicroCube

Effects - Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah

Fat bottomed girls You make the rockin' world go round!!

+Quote Post
jammer91
Jul 4 2007, 12:46 PM
QUOTE (Hardtail @ Jun 29 2007, 10:45 PM) *
Well those kits are $199.00 minimum brand new and the Squires they come with are "Affinity" series which are made in indonesia and are even worse than a standard Squire.
So I have been hunting Ebay like a mad man and ended up getting a steal. It is a black Fender Squire Stratocaster (Standard not Affinity) with an RMS 10 Watt amp for $77.50 shipped. A bud of mine at the local guitar shop said that he has enough spare parts from standard fenders that if anything is wrong with it he can replace those parts for free. I already purchased new nobs since the original owner colored them with a marker. mellow.gif

This was the listing (and don't worry I got more information from him before buying it):

Guitar

The only thing now is getting the guitar here and setting it up before my Nephews Birthday! ohmy.gif

Good find!!!
I wish u had someone like you to guide me towards my first guitar... lol
Now ive got my self an Epiphone Flying V recently and its better than my les paul

--------------------

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 10 2007, 12:27 AM) *
Part of the key to success is to never call yourself good...

My RIg:
-Epiphone 1967 FLying V
-Line 6 POD XT live
-VOX Valvetronics AD30VT
-Yamaha EG-112
-Yamaha GA-10
-Some Yamaha acoustic which is a magnet to dust under my bed

End World Hunger

+Quote Post
AIB234
Jul 4 2007, 04:56 PM
QUOTE (Hardtail @ Jun 29 2007, 01:45 PM) *
I already purchased new nobs since the original owner colored them with a marker. mellow.gif

LOL! That's hilarious. "I don't need to see numbers, I always keep it on 10."

Great find, congrats!

+Quote Post
Asphyxia Feeling
Jul 7 2007, 02:05 PM
squier makes a 100 dollar ghetto strat that is SSS or H. it's their "bullet" series. the H version was my first guitar. it's very thin, a hardtail bridge, and is ok overall. however, i have a feeling the body is hardwood mad.gif

--------------------
What did you learn tonight?
while shouting so loud, you barely joyous, broken thing.
You are a voice that never sings, is what i say.
You are freezing over hell
You are bringing on that end you do so well
and you can only blame yourself, is what is say.

+Quote Post
Hardtail
Jul 7 2007, 02:31 PM
I'm fairly sure the Bullet is also made in Indonesia (correct me if I'm wrong). Besides, they have much worse reviews than standard Squires.

Anyway, the Squire came in yesterday. Here's the list of repairs / maintenance I have made to it.

1) Reattached internal support plate for tremolo springs. (manufacturer only put 1 screw in and only screwed it down half-way). I replaced both screws and seated them 100%.

2) Corrected saddle heights for Action. Some saddles weren't even level with themselves thus making the strings roll off to the side.

3) Tightened Tuner keys. They were super loose.

4) Corrected intonation. 3 strings were not maintaining tone down the neck.

5) Oiled neck. Was very dry.

6) Replaced Jack. Jack was bad and wasn't even soldered in to begin with... they just tied the cable to the jack contact.

7) Cleaned pickguard and removed stray pick from inside body. Go Figure.

8) Replaced all knobs with Standard Stratocaster knobs. (Much better!).

9) Polished body to remove hundreds of scratches. Looks beautiful now but still has some dents on bottom from previous owner not using a stand.

Total $ spent = 0

The only thing I have to do today is try and find someone to replace the jack in the amp which is also bad. wish me luck!

Hardtail

--------------------

Beginner's Amp & Guitar Gear Guide
My Keeley Blues Driver BD-2 Review
My Line6 Flextone II Review

Guitars: Martin D-16RGT with B-Band UST & '99 Fender "Big Apple" Hardtail HH Strat
Amps: Fender Blues Junior Special Edition & Fender Studio 85 (Simultaneous... yummy)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:34 PM