Floyd Rose Problems..
Khaos
Oct 24 2007, 12:14 AM
GMC:er
Well, I'm really not sure where to post this, but hopefully the GMC board members can help me with this issue.

I've just restrung my guitar, and converted tunings from DGCFAD to EADGBE. I tightened the springs in the back to get my guitar back to E standard, but now, it seems that if I even touch my whammy bar. (A dive for instance) - everything will go flat (almost..), but if I even tap it away from the headstock, it will go back to being semi-in-tune....

If anyone has any help or advice, it would be greatly appreciated... Thank you.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Current Gear:
  • 1990 Jackson USA SL1 (Soloist) w/ SnakeSkin Finish
  • Peavey 5150
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Oct 24 2007, 12:16 AM
Your strings could be slipping because they are new.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Rvddps
Oct 24 2007, 12:25 AM
Also, as with new strings, they need to be stretched in and did you make sure the springs are perfectly correct, if not it will go out of tune sad.gif Just keep fiddling

+Quote Post
Khaos
Oct 24 2007, 12:31 AM
I've stretched these strings more than I've ever stretched any strings, because I only had one pair and I didn't want to risk them snapping. tongue.gif

Springs being correct as in..Bridge being leveled?

--------------------
Current Gear:
  • 1990 Jackson USA SL1 (Soloist) w/ SnakeSkin Finish
  • Peavey 5150

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Oct 24 2007, 12:31 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
It's well worth taking a look at this:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=7476

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Oct 24 2007, 12:35 AM
You might also look here:
http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/index.htm

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:01 AM