11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Rock Ballad Style Collaboration - Video Comments, Emir's first student collaboration
utak3r
Jan 28 2009, 10:29 PM
GMC:er
Just watched first three comments...
HOLY THING!!
It's awesome, man, it's like you were our personal teacher, you're talking step by step about the take and tell what's good, what's bad, what one could do to improve it... and now I'm really happy I took part in it, even though I was afraid of that. Now I know I made the right decision - just to hear your comments and advices biggrin.gif

Thank you once again, Emir!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Machines don't bleed that easily...
utak3r.pl
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 28 2009, 11:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Piotr Kaczor @ Jan 28 2009, 09:05 PM) *
Wise man say... Awesome video Emir!!! You are a truly master, mate!!!

Cheers Piotr, I sent you PM smile.gif

QUOTE (utak3r @ Jan 28 2009, 09:29 PM) *
Just watched first three comments...
HOLY THING!!
It's awesome, man, it's like you were our personal teacher, you're talking step by step about the take and tell what's good, what's bad, what one could do to improve it... and now I'm really happy I took part in it, even though I was afraid of that. Now I know I made the right decision - just to hear your comments and advices biggrin.gif

Thank you once again, Emir!

Thank you man, this is the whole point to help you improve your skills. Don't ever be afraid to participate in the collaboration, it will only help you. And remember this is not a competition or an exam so don't be afraid smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 29 2009, 12:41 AM
Man, I watched the video comments, and really, there is only one thing to say about it: Thanks!

Firstly, about tone issues, I recorded this solo in my fiancee's so, all I had to monitor my playing with little in ear monitors, so you are right about everything you say, and I was rather a little shocked to hear it was so bassy! smile.gif The treble issue is killing me for sometime now, because I own an all mapple strat, with a very treble sounding minihumbucker on the bridge, so in amp settings my presence and treble values was set to 0 and I shelved everything over 5kHz still that sounded treble biggrin.gif So I will try to do my best to do it better for the next time, even try to replace my bridge pickup if I can afford a new one.

About the tuning issue, you were right again, I played this with very old strings and this was a mistake, apart the inconsistencies on vibratos and out of tune bends which were one of my many technical weaknesses.

I was lacking totally the skills to bend vibrato and vibratos alone, I started to work about them like before 2 months in my 9 years of guitar playing, so I believe I overdid it as you mentioned. I will be more carefull and precise.

I will work with exercises you mentioned, I will die to make them tighter and accurate. Well here in Turkey we have an expression like: "A tailor is unable to sew his own rip" I dont know if it means something, but I gave the exact suggestions for my mentoree Jeremy in MTP, but I see that I was actually in need of these advices myself laugh.gif

Thank you for your great instructions, I want to say that this is the first time I had some actual one on one session with an instructor such as yourself and I am glad you provided me that opportunity. I'll play better, and work like my life depends on it, and will be better for your next collaboration bro!

Cheers smile.gif

Can

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 29 2009, 12:54 AM
Instructor
Thank you for this message, I am happy if you were already aware of those things and working on them. Overall I think you're a very good musician, just practice guitar a bit more smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
wrk
Jan 29 2009, 01:43 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
This is GMC:TV .. can not believe what i see right now ohmy.gif

Completely agree with enforcer's and other comments about your effort Emir.
I guess you still have a bunch of work in front of you. Thank you for your time !! smile.gif

QUOTE (Velvet Roger @ Jan 28 2009, 07:07 PM) *
... btw I am gonna regret that I ever put Velvet in front of my name ... always results in being the latest tongue.gif

yep, i feel like a kid, one week before christmas laugh.giflaugh.gif

+Quote Post
ztevie
Jan 29 2009, 07:08 AM
QUOTE (Velvet Roger @ Jan 28 2009, 07:07 PM) *
btw I am gonna regret that I ever put Velvet in front of my name ... always results in being the latest tongue.gif

Hrrm! No, you're not... cool.gif

--------------------
Gear:
* Vigier Shawn Lane Master, Bridge Bareknuckle Nailbomb, Middle DiMarzio FS-1, Neck Bareknuckle Cold Sweat
* Padalka Custom Space-6, Bareknuckle Juggernaut set
* Ztevie's Blue, Custom Handbuilt by Rek Guitars, Seymour Duncan Full Shred humbucker set
* Yamaha LLX6 Acoustic
* Fractal Audio Axe FX II XL+

+Quote Post
superize
Jan 29 2009, 12:38 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Really a cool new way to give comment.......

Cant wait untill i get my comment video.......

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 29 2009, 01:26 PM
Instructor
This is a EQ picture for Paiva's take. I was talking about this in his video response.

Huge amount of EQ to make his guitar stand out in the mix.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Mandos
Jan 29 2009, 01:50 PM
Emir your video responses are awesome. I learned a lot about writing solos when watching the first five. smile.gif

--------------------
[color="#808080"]Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Gothic with EMG 81 and 85, Crafter Acoustic, ESP LTD F-205

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 29 2009, 01:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mandos @ Jan 29 2009, 12:50 PM) *
Emir your video responses are awesome. I learned a lot about writing solos when watching the first five. smile.gif

Thanks mate smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Toroso
Jan 29 2009, 01:58 PM
So far it's been really nice watching your video critique. Your analysis and insights are fantastic. When you get to mine I will probably cry. mellow.gif

It's really good to see and hear you and get a taste of your personality. Something that does not always come across in the written word.

cheers smile.gif

--------------------
Live well, and live often!

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 29 2009, 02:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Toroso @ Jan 29 2009, 12:58 PM) *
So far it's been really nice watching your video critique. Your analysis and insights are fantastic. When you get to mine I will probably cry. mellow.gif

It's really good to see and hear you and get a taste of your personality. Something that does not always come across in the written word.

cheers smile.gif

Thanks smile.gif I am sure it's better with the video responses even though I am having hell of a lot of work here smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 29 2009, 02:22 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (Toroso @ Jan 29 2009, 12:58 PM) *

laugh.gif *shakes* I`m next *rapid nail chewing* laugh.gif

QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Jan 29 2009, 01:02 PM) *
Thanks smile.gif I am sure it's better with the video responses even though I am having hell of a lot of work here smile.gif

I think its an excellent approach to feedback, huge amounts of work for yourself which is much appreciated! although a little nerve racking for us laugh.gif

watching a few of the feedback videos and re listening to my take I`m already learning a lot of whats wrong with it before watching my own personal feedback from yourself smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 29 2009, 02:31 PM
Instructor
You guys are getting some great advices here.

Awesome work Emir - just watched couple of videos , very useful advices for students wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 29 2009, 02:38 PM
QUOTE (Smells @ Jan 29 2009, 02:22 PM) *
watching a few of the feedback videos and re listening to my take I`m already learning a lot of whats wrong with it before watching my own personal feedback from yourself smile.gif

that's true, that's why I said it's like we had a personal teacher - it's great we have this chance smile.gif

--------------------
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 29 2009, 02:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Smells @ Jan 29 2009, 01:22 PM) *
laugh.gif *shakes* I`m next *rapid nail chewing* laugh.gif

I think its an excellent approach to feedback, huge amounts of work for yourself which is much appreciated! although a little nerve racking for us laugh.gif

Thanks smile.gif Your one is being uploaded now.

On this video my camera kept going out of focus but autofocus is turned off, Sorry about that but you can still see and hear me smile.gif

Great take btw smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 29 2009, 03:40 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Just managed to sneak a peak at my vid comments (not supposed to have speakers at work, but wouldnt have been able to wait till I got home laugh.gif)

Thank you Emir for this video, brilliant! 24 years is a long time, and I really should be a lot better, I guess I`ve only really started what I`d call "practicing properly" in the last 18 months and my biggest regret in life is not being more serious about my guitar playing at a younger age smile.gif

your comments are all spot on, the two main areas I`ve been working on recently have been arpeggios and the alternate picking scale runs, so your tips there are great and make perfect sense, I`ll certainly take on board your advice and look forward to the next collab

thank you again, very much appreciated smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 29 2009, 03:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Smells @ Jan 29 2009, 02:40 PM) *
Just managed to sneak a peak at my vid comments (not supposed to have speakers at work, but wouldnt have been able to wait till I got home laugh.gif)

Thank you Emir for this video, brilliant! 24 years is a long time, and I really should be a lot better, I guess I`ve only really started what I`d call "practicing properly" in the last 18 months and my biggest regret in life is not being more serious about my guitar playing at a younger age smile.gif

your comments are all spot on, the two main areas I`ve been working on recently have been arpeggios and the alternate picking scale runs, so your tips there are great and make perfect sense, I`ll certainly take on board your advice and look forward to the next collab

thank you again, very much appreciated smile.gif

Cheers mate smile.gif Your playing was actually great , just work more on those things and you'll get there soon

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 29 2009, 04:00 PM
Hey Emir, I just wanted to fulfill my playing story, as if I remember, I didn't give you it at its fullnes:
in early 90's I was playing a classical and acoustic one for something about 2 years (mostly for my family and friends wink.gif ) and then made a garage band with some friends and played a rythm guitar for about 2 years. Then I put mu guitar on a high shelf and didn't see it till now (it's over ten years, geez.... how could I do that??....) and took it away from it on Christmas a month ago biggrin.gif

I was never playing a lead guitar, and that's what I want to learn now on GMC, apart from making my rythming better and better smile.gif

--------------------
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 29 2009, 04:22 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (utak3r @ Jan 29 2009, 03:00 PM) *
Hey Emir, I just wanted to fulfill my playing story, as if I remember, I didn't give you it at its fullnes:
in early 90's I was playing a classical and acoustic one for something about 2 years (mostly for my family and friends wink.gif ) and then made a garage band with some friends and played a rythm guitar for about 2 years. Then I put mu guitar on a high shelf and didn't see it till now (it's over ten years, geez.... how could I do that??....) and took it away from it on Christmas a month ago biggrin.gif

I was never playing a lead guitar, and that's what I want to learn now on GMC, apart from making my rythming better and better smile.gif

Thanks for this. These things help me a lot when I analyse a take

cheers

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:50 PM