> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

E Minor - Melodic Solo, Lesson By Muris Varajic
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 0

Sack
Jul 31 2020, 03:36 PM
Learning Rock Star
Original lesson: E Minor - Melodic Solo by Muris Varajic

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 31 2020, 10:28 PM
GMC Founder
Cool!

There are some good moments here like the vibrato at 00:27 - this is promising!

This lesson has a theme that repeats over and over - consisting of some Eric Johnson style broken arpeggios with a legato slur and a bend. It is an excellent etude as it illustrates creative variations of a simple theme while giving you the opportunity to practice repetitively.

Because you do not yet have control of the legato slur - you are not ready to start practicing the lesson over and over. If you attempt anyway- you risk consolidating a bad habit where you constantly push your hand to play some strained and blurry notes.

You are pretty close to nailing the legato lick (as can be seen at 00:50) - but you are not there yet.

You should first isolate the legato part and practice it at a very slow tempo to make sure all notes can clearly be heard - while doing so you must make sure your left hand is as relaxed as possible.

I will not grade you - but I am very much looking forward to a new attempt.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 1 2020, 02:40 AM
Instructor
Hi mate!

I can say that this is a very promising take. Your playing is tight and clean, and as Kris said there are moments in which your vibrato is very convincing.

I think that some technique training covering bending, legato (stamina) and also vibrato could be really positive for your overall playing. You sound good, but your fingers don't look comfortable yet when playing those lines, and when bending.

My suggestion is that you continue playing this lesson, but also incorporate some other lessons /exercises into your diary routine. These are my suggestions:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/legato...cking_beginner/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Yngwie-Style-Bending/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Land-Of-Legato/

And one more thing, try to make your left hand movement smaller, always try to keep your fingers the closest posible to the fret-board.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 4 2020, 10:11 AM
Instructor
Hey there!

First thing that I notice right away is that you are using wrong pickup selector position. I've pointed out the cons of this solution. 4th pickup position has a phase cancelation factor that scoops some middle frequensies making the tone to cut worse throug the mix of distorted guitars (playing some stuff of John Mayer or Andy Timmons couls work just fine as opposite). This pickup position is lesss responsive for harmonics and for palm muting. This should definitely be the bridge pickup position.

Remember - different positions are not just a matter of what you feel you like as a general "color". they have different response for dynamics/articulation and some of these will not work fine depending on you selector position choice.

Now As for playing I can notice a visible step in terms of your confident picking. I feel you have develoepd your pickign strength and it makes things sound like you mean it and it affects timing in a good sense.

You need to work on a strength of your legato. These regular mordents(legato ornaments) are way to week and almost invisible.

Be carefull with vibration on bend notes. This is one of most difficult stuff on guitar. You tend to not bend enough so the vibrated note stay a little below the correct pitch.

Still...you take has some charm to it and delivers positive feel while listening smile.gif

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:26 PM