> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Dieterle's Begginer Bash-out
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 11 2012, 08:46 PM
Instructor
Alright Dieter smile.gif

I have a practical assignment for you biggrin.gif

I would like you to play the G major scale on the neck horizontally and underneath each note please play the characteristic scale degree of the mode starting from the particular note. Example: G and F# in the same time - so you actually play the M7 interval of G. You will play one interval for each step of the G major scale. Please tell me if you understood the task biggrin.gif

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Nov 12 2012, 02:53 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello Cosmin !

Yes i understood what you want me to do !

G - F# is ionien

G - E is dorian

G - A is phrygian

G - C is lydian

G - F# is myxolydian

G - C is aeolian

G - D is locrian !? huh.gif wink.gif

G A B C D E F# ionien scale so always each tone with characteristic scale degree F# too

Dieter

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Dieterle: Nov 12 2012, 03:02 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 12 2012, 06:25 PM
Instructor
hey Dieter biggrin.gif Not like that wink.gif

I would say more like:

G - F# - this is the note that offers G its Ionian sound
A- find the note giving A Dorian its sound
B - find the note giving B Phrygian its sound
C - find the note giving C Lydian its sound
D - find the note giving D Mixolydian its sound
E - find the note giving E Aeolian its sound
F# - find the note giving F# Locrian its sound

wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Nov 12 2012, 09:11 PM
ok Cosmin i got it !

Dieter

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Nov 12 2012, 08:53 PM) *
ok Cosmin i got it !

Dieter

G - F#

A - F#

B - C

C - F#

D - C

E - A

F# - C

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Nov 12 2012, 09:56 PM
Hey Cosmin the sound very harmonized together , very interesting !

Dieter

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 13 2012, 10:30 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dieterle @ Nov 12 2012, 08:56 PM) *
Hey Cosmin the sound very harmonized together , very interesting !

Dieter

Hehe! Dieter, you got them right aside from E Aeolian which has C as the characteristic scale degree (that's the b6th) right? The Aeolian formula is 1 2 b3 4 5 b6 b7 - if you apply it starting from E, you get the E Aeolian mode.

Can you do the same thing but now based on having E major as the mother scale? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Nov 13 2012, 01:00 PM
huh.gif Cosmin Aeolian b 6th biggrin.gif YES !

Ok here i go for E major

E - D#

F# - D#

G# - A

A - D#

B - A

C# - A

D# - A

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 14 2012, 08:53 AM
Instructor
Correct!! biggrin.gif Good Job Dieter! Now - Can you please record yourself while playing these intervals? Harmonic - that means the two notes simultaneously and melodic - that means that you play them separately biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Nov 14 2012, 05:23 PM
Hallo Cosmin !

You mean like that !? cool.gif

Dieter

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 15 2012, 08:37 AM
Instructor
Something like that - but I'd like to hear it slower - let the notes ring in order to hear their clash against one another and thus have a better idea regarding how they sound together smile.gif

Your next assignment will include chords and btw, I hope you make it to the v-chat tonight smile.gif

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Nov 16 2012, 08:47 PM
Good evening Cosmin!

Sorry yesterday i couldn`t take part on video chat ,
but here a slower record of homework .

Heave a nice weekend !

Dieter

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 19 2012, 09:36 AM
Instructor
Alright Dieter! The whole purpose of this idea is to get used to the sound of different notes against each other. Now, the next step would be your following assignment:

Please record the following chords for one bar each at a tempo of 70 BPM and play the characteristic scale degrees against them. One bar, one chord, one note smile.gif

E maj - D#

F# min - D#

G# min - A

A maj - D#

B maj - A

C# min - A

D# diminished - A

Deal?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Nov 20 2012, 04:31 PM
Hello Cosmin here my next record !

And sorry i just recognized that i wrote the chords in german way what means for example :

A major = A F# minor = F# m !!!!

In future i try writing it the english way A major = A maj F#minor = F#min

Dieter

This post has been edited by Dieterle: Nov 20 2012, 04:43 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 21 2012, 10:45 AM
Instructor
Very good Dieter! Tell me are you beginning to feel the differences and flavors of each mode? I can hear them in this exercise and I am curious if you started too biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Nov 21 2012, 02:43 PM
Hey Cosmin , yes it is very inspiring what you try me to show !

Keep on going ! tongue.gif

Dieter

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 22 2012, 10:28 AM
Instructor
Hey Dieter smile.gif Next step - are you up for the following challenge?

I will record random minor and major chords and play a certain note over each chord - you have to recognize the interval and the chord - it will go like this:

Step 1 - listen
Step 2 - tell me if it's a minor or major chord
Step 3 - tell me what interval is played (2nd, third, fourth and so on)

What do you say? biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Nov 22 2012, 05:50 PM
Good Evening Cosmin !

Yes my Great Mentor lets go for it !

Dieter

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 27 2012, 09:46 AM
Instructor
Hey Dieter, alright, coming up!

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Nov 27 2012, 09:48 AM
Good morning Cosmin !

How are ya ?

I just got my first coffee biggrin.gif

Dieter

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 27 2012, 10:52 AM
Instructor
Hey Dieter! Good morning to ya mate! A bit desperate to solve things with the Days of Confusion CDs - they were supposed to arrive tomorrow but the provider will ship on the release day... sad.gif

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:33 PM