14 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Song Composing Collaboration, ...YOU READY!!?
Ben Howell
Aug 26 2007, 06:11 AM
Jazz/Fusion Instructor
That sounds great!

Love Kris's 'You ready' bit-pure class!

-Ben

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ballistic31
Aug 26 2007, 11:21 AM
GMC:er
Attached File  vocal_idea.mp3 ( 1.58MB ) Number of downloads: 381
Well i came up with lyrics as an i dea for that awsome melody.......lol to get the song though was quite a challage i dragged out the old 4 track........hooked it up to the board and recorded it that way then re recorded it to ableton live........So now its got a bit of tape saturation in there lol......My girlfriend says im a good singer with a few pitch problems to work out.........I on the other hand prefer back up vocals...cause i need alot of work lol.......................but enjoy at anyrate...........and once agin its just a idea and it felt pretty good singing it

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
[size=3][b]

+Quote Post
Iluha
Aug 26 2007, 07:18 PM
QUOTE (ballistic31 @ Aug 26 2007, 12:21 PM) *
Well i came up with lyrics as an i dea for that awsome melody.......lol to get the song though was quite a challage i dragged out the old 4 track........hooked it up to the board and recorded it that way then re recorded it to ableton live........So now its got a bit of tape saturation in there lol......My girlfriend says im a good singer with a few pitch problems to work out.........I on the other hand prefer back up vocals...cause i need alot of work lol.......................but enjoy at anyrate...........and once agin its just a idea and it felt pretty good singing it

I think you did an excellent job!!, I admit that when I thought of that melody I was thinking more of bass vocals in the style of Zakk Wylde, but after hearing you that works awesome as well smile.gif

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 26 2007, 08:56 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (ballistic31 @ Aug 26 2007, 06:21 AM) *

Cool - reminded me of Ozzie a little smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Owen
Aug 26 2007, 10:16 PM
I had a crack at a vocal line:

[attachment=1517:attachment]

huh.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Iluha
Aug 26 2007, 10:36 PM
QUOTE (Owen @ Aug 26 2007, 11:16 PM) *
I had a crack at a vocal line:

[attachment=1517:attachment]

huh.gif tongue.gif

Lol maybe if you got it a bit more in sync with the music, I love the ending though with the "I just don't know what to sayyy(Fade out)"

--------------------

+Quote Post
Owen
Aug 26 2007, 10:48 PM
Yeah, I was struggling to get the middle lines of the verse into the rythm space allocated, thats why the first and the last bits appear to be right but the middle sections a bit shakey, I'ma working on it. tongue.gif

Edit: I'm also pretty rubbish at mixing, so it's just straight down the middle, which perhaps isnt the best place to position it.

This post has been edited by Owen: Aug 26 2007, 10:50 PM

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Aug 26 2007, 11:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Owen @ Aug 26 2007, 11:48 PM) *
Yeah, I was struggling to get the middle lines of the verse into the rythm space allocated, thats why the first and the last bits appear to be right but the middle sections a bit shakey, I'ma working on it. tongue.gif

Edit: I'm also pretty rubbish at mixing, so it's just straight down the middle, which perhaps isnt the best place to position it.

That's great! But yes, it's a bit out of sync there smile.gif Could you do another take and use less of that effect? Also, I'm having trouble hearing all the words. Could you post the lyrics here?

Great job, Owen! smile.gif

-Marcus

QUOTE (Iluha @ Aug 26 2007, 08:18 PM) *
I think you did an excellent job!!, I admit that when I thought of that melody I was thinking more of bass vocals in the style of Zakk Wylde, but after hearing you that works awesome as well smile.gif

Yeah, I was also thinking more of bass vocals, but the sound of the words seems to fit just prefect. Kris said he will consider doing the vocals (if he can find the time for it), and maybe he can put some more bass to it then.

Anyways, great work ballistic31! smile.gif

-Marcus

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Owen
Aug 26 2007, 11:24 PM
I dont know whether to laugh or cry
To say hello or to think goodbye
I dont know whether to fade away
I just dont know what to say

I only ask for that peace of mind
Rejection or affection that I cant find
I only ask for that joy or sorrow
So that my dreams will find tomorrow

I dont know if its love or suicide
I've got my past I need to hide
Got that door under lock and key
Its just you, my aspirations and me

I just dont know any more

I have no convincing intentions
I'm stuck on the road of misdirection
Misguided in my quest for adoration
I'm lost in the street of condemnation

Thats the full rough lyrics set so far, dunno if that fits the purpose or not. tongue.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Iluha
Aug 26 2007, 11:51 PM
Here's my idea of how a verse would go, atleast the first verse, the idea here is less words.

Here's some example random lyrics to sing along the melody:

I, don't, Know, what, to, say, or, do

I, feel, so, damn, hollow, and, I don't know, what to sayyy.

It's a very simple Idea so if you like it feel free to expand it!

This post has been edited by Iluha: Aug 26 2007, 11:52 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  idea2.ZIP ( 604bytes ) Number of downloads: 157

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jeff
Aug 27 2007, 12:13 AM
I wasn't sure if this was going to be a GMC related song or not - lyrically speaking. Based on the lyrics we have so far, it looks like it is not. Is that right?

-j

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Aug 27 2007, 12:46 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Iluha @ Aug 27 2007, 12:51 AM) *
Here's my idea of how a verse would go, atleast the first verse, the idea here is less words.

Here's some example random lyrics to sing along the melody:

I, don't, Know, what, to, say, or, do

I, feel, so, damn, hollow, and, I don't know, what to sayyy.

It's a very simple Idea so if you like it feel free to expand it!

Iluha, one word - genius! smile.gif

Keeping the melody that simple creates a very interesting groove to the rythm.
Attached File  collab_v5.mp3 ( 2.59MB ) Number of downloads: 293

Lyric-wise I think what we've already got here looks good, but I also think It would be fun to make it GMC related. I say we take a vote on this.

1, GMC related
2, stick to what we've got
3, change to something else

-Marcus

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
Owen
Aug 27 2007, 12:51 AM
Ohhhh itsss guuuitaaar massterrclasss
Jooin or we'lll geet slammer too woop your ass
Only 48 dollar for six lonng moonth
Comme and join your ssuure to havee funnnN!

tongue.gif Cheesey!

This post has been edited by Owen: Aug 27 2007, 12:52 AM

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Iluha
Aug 27 2007, 12:51 AM
QUOTE (lavendell @ Aug 27 2007, 01:46 AM) *
Iluha, one word - genius! smile.gif

Keeping the melody that simple creates a very interesting groove to the rythm.
Attached File  collab_v5.mp3 ( 2.59MB ) Number of downloads: 293

Lyric-wise I think what we've already got here looks good, but I also think It would be fun to make it GMC related. I say we take a vote on this.

1, GMC related
2, stick to what we've got
3, change to something else
-Marcus

Thanks! smile.gif

Again you made it a 1/4 note before I was expecting it but this time I like it better you'r way!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slammer
Aug 27 2007, 12:56 AM
QUOTE (Owen @ Aug 26 2007, 07:51 PM) *
Ohhhh itsss guuuitaaar massterrclasss
Jooin or we'lll geet slammer too woop your ass
Only 48 dollar for six lonng moonth
Comme and join your ssuure to havee funnnN!

tongue.gif Cheesey!

blink.gif blink.gif

+Quote Post
Pentatonic Gathe...
Aug 27 2007, 01:02 AM
Hello, I can see you guys are doing a great jobb.
I just wanted to throw my name out there for vocals. I know there are people in line but if you need me do do anything, vocals or even anything, just give me a shout.
I do sing, sometimes compolsivelly, lol, so just keep doing what you are doing and I know that the song will come out great

--------------------
-Gabriel De Rose

Guitars:
(This one is my dad´s but I play it just as much, just love it) -Gibson Les Paul 1957 Custom Delux Sun Burst (Beautifull!!!!!!)
-Fender Stratocaster 1964 Anniversary (Exactly like my display picture)
-Ibanez Acoustic Nylon Strings (This thing is older thank I am and has such a mature sound, its amazing)

My Amp & Pedal Board
-Fender 65R Frontman & Boss GT-8

Thats all folks!

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Aug 27 2007, 01:26 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Iluha @ Aug 27 2007, 01:51 AM) *
Thanks! smile.gif

Again you made it a 1/4 note before I was expecting it but this time I like it better you'r way!

lol you're kidding, right? biggrin.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
Iluha
Aug 27 2007, 01:31 AM
QUOTE (lavendell @ Aug 27 2007, 02:26 AM) *
lol you're kidding, right? biggrin.gif

Well that's what I thought the first time I heard it, but then I heard it again and saw that it's what I was expecting, and was just too lazy to edit laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pentatonic Gathe...
Aug 27 2007, 02:44 AM
I have been listning over and over again to the final mix so far and think that the riff before the vocals doesnt fit. What do you guys think?
I think it should go like before the solo or maybe in between the two vocal patterns???

--------------------
-Gabriel De Rose

Guitars:
(This one is my dad´s but I play it just as much, just love it) -Gibson Les Paul 1957 Custom Delux Sun Burst (Beautifull!!!!!!)
-Fender Stratocaster 1964 Anniversary (Exactly like my display picture)
-Ibanez Acoustic Nylon Strings (This thing is older thank I am and has such a mature sound, its amazing)

My Amp & Pedal Board
-Fender 65R Frontman & Boss GT-8

Thats all folks!

+Quote Post
GroovinMastiff
Aug 27 2007, 03:25 AM
Hey everyone,
Things are starting to sound pretty good from what I've heard everyone do so far smile.gif
Anyway, here's what I came up with after noodling around for a bit:

Attached File  Collaboration.mp3 ( 1.18MB ) Number of downloads: 278

I wasn't sure where to go with the song, so I basically improvised a little piece over the intro rhythm guitar, which is the attachment above. Who knows, there might be some place in the song where it might fit.

Here is just the guitar by itself without any backing track:

Attached File  Guitar.mp3 ( 1.18MB ) Number of downloads: 266

Marcus will probably have to process this dry guitar sound in order to add some beef to it since I just recorded straight into my sound card with no effects at all.

Comments, criticisms (constructive of course wink.gif ) are welcome, I'm open to change anything for the good of the song.

Peace cool.gif

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:03 PM