5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Gmc Meeting, let's get serious!
Saoirse O'Shea
Feb 6 2009, 07:46 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (sted @ Feb 6 2009, 07:18 PM) *
The trouble with providing accommodation in the cost is that everyone will have different standards and some may have specific requirements, also as you say arranging for large parties can be difficult (I'd like 30 rooms for a load of guitarists please, yeah right!) i thin kit would be much better to leave accommodation and travel upto the individual who can then get something specific to their requirements, ...

I know what you mean although our experience is that you then end up potentially with people spread over a very large geographic area which in itself becomes problematic.

I do accept your point that people expect different standards/have differing needs - I've lost count of the number who, despite being asked many times in advance if they have any special requirements, turn up on the day and then announce that they are a non-smoking, gluten intolerant, vegan that is also allergic to mushrooms. We had one did that three years ago rolleyes.gif - given her very strict dietary requirements I was a bit miffed when she complained that the Gazpacho soup was the wrong colour pink. We also had one fool order an asparagus tortilla and complain because it had asparagus in it - er hello, what do you think will be in it? Anyway you get used to dealing with it - sort of wink.gif .

'...anyone with reasonable local knowledge of the area would help with this through the forums too.'

Again from experience the point of contact often ends up doing an awful lot of running around. I've done this several times for up to 50 people and it is a lot of hassle since invariably a minority expect you to sort everything out for them. My worst experience was someone who expected to be picked up from Almeria (about 4 hours away) and driven to the accommodation that had been found and booked for her. Part way in she then expected us to arrange her onwards accommodation and travel when the course finished. She left one restaurant without paying her bill and on her final day she left without paying her accommodation - we spent nearly 4 months chasing her for it.

Anyway I can come out with a lot of stories like these. My two main points though are: i) That provided you avoid capital cities the accommodation is not usually the major cost element. The largest cost is reimbursing any professional fees/expenses/wages. ii) you need to organise the event - which requires a fair bit of time.

BTW - publicity for a GMC event - presumably at neglible cost via GMC if Kris was happy with it and hosted on this site. You'd need to check that with Kris though as it's just my opinion.

Cheers,
Tony

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Feb 6 2009, 07:48 PM
Instructor
If it should be anywhere it should be in Miami laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
Nazgul
Feb 6 2009, 07:50 PM
GMC:er
This is a great idea but I would suggest a smaller town to locate. unsure.gif But anyways, I'd go to London. smile.gif

--------------------
Chuck Norris rules!

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 6 2009, 09:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Zynex @ Feb 6 2009, 12:19 PM) *
Sounds great ohmy.gif....
Something just hit me while reading your post pedja.... (cheap beer?? rolleyes.gif )
btw how are the girls in serbia? cool.gif (omg I shouldnt say that.. I have a girlfriend ohmy.gif )

I think the best option for us is to go somewhere close to someone who is able to arrange things. It would be cool if it took place in Holland but.. Im not really good at arranging things like places to stay and stuff like that, so that would probably go wrong haha

QUOTE (enforcer @ Feb 6 2009, 03:56 PM) *
Belgrade sounds good biggrin.gif

QUOTE (berko @ Feb 6 2009, 06:36 PM) *
If Pedja could organize it... would be a great solution smile.gif

Guys I've been at GMC for 5 months and I think Kristofer needs to think about this and make decision.
Having said that, if any of you wants to come to Serbia and have availability to do so, I will definitely be around to help you with everything and be awesome host biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 6 2009, 10:16 PM
Instructor
Wou!! This initiative is really cool! Unfortunately Buenos Aires is so far from Europe... sad.gif
but if you come here I promess that you'll eat the best BBQ/Roast/Asado that you've ever taste. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Feb 6 2009, 10:21 PM
QUOTE (Jose Mena @ Feb 6 2009, 06:48 PM) *
If it should be anywhere it should be in Miami laugh.gif

Do you happen to know anyone that lives there Jose?
wink.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 6 2009, 09:16 PM) *
Wou!! This initiative is really cool! Unfortunately Buenos Aires is so far from Europe... sad.gif
but if you come here I promess that you'll eat the best BBQ/Roast/Asado that you've ever taste. smile.gif

I'd love to, but it's a long way JUST FOR A BBQ!!!!!!!
laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Sensible Jones: Feb 6 2009, 10:22 PM

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Tolek
Feb 7 2009, 08:33 PM
Learning Rock Star
There are some nice suggestions, but the topic went a bit big.

Please post the place you live in this topic.

+Quote Post
Tolek
Feb 8 2009, 12:31 AM
Learning Rock Star
So far it seems that Germany is voted by most of people. My prediction is becoming true. cool.gif
A new member is in the crew: Velvet Roger. Thanks for your help, Roger! smile.gif

We plan to rent one or more rooms and some amps + mixer so that we can jam together. Everybody should take his guitar to the meeting. Of course playing only the guitar is a bit monoton, so we can together go to a music shop or a concert.

How long do you want to stay?

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Feb 8 2009, 12:52 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Shall we just rent a music shop? tongue.gif

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Tolek
Feb 8 2009, 12:58 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Velvet Roger @ Feb 8 2009, 12:52 AM) *
Shall we just rent a music shop? tongue.gif

biggrin.gif Is this serious? If yes, then you´re out of the team. laugh.gif Just kidding. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Feb 8 2009, 08:06 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Tolek @ Feb 8 2009, 12:58 AM) *
biggrin.gif Is this serious? If yes, then you´re out of the team. laugh.gif Just kidding. wink.gif

I am crazy, you know that tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Feb 8 2009, 09:35 AM
I think we should go for a weekend or maybe three days.

If you guys need me to make any phonecalls or look something up, tell me. I'm in a committee of my university as well and we're going to organize a similar thing. Will let you know how we do it.

--------------------
Wishlist: the world.

+Quote Post
Piotr Kaczor
Feb 8 2009, 09:54 AM
Instructor
Maybe we should meet in Poland? I am offering pretty big scene with full backline and 6000 watt PA, 400 places auditorium. All available 20 hours per day smile.gif So?

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Feb 8 2009, 04:04 PM
Sounds good to me Piotr! I'm willing to go to Poland for that biggrin.gif Do you happen to live near Wroclaw? Cause I'm gonna pay my ex a visit as well then haha.

This post has been edited by SonofDestiny: Feb 8 2009, 04:04 PM

--------------------
Wishlist: the world.

+Quote Post
Piotr Kaczor
Feb 8 2009, 04:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SonofDestiny @ Feb 8 2009, 04:04 PM) *
Sounds good to me Piotr! I'm willing to go to Poland for that biggrin.gif Do you happen to live near Wroclaw? Cause I'm gonna pay my ex a visit as well then haha.

My town is over 500 km from Wrocław, but it has clear air and beautiful forests, so the atmosphere is ideal for wild guitar gigs smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Feb 8 2009, 05:01 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (Piotr Kaczor @ Feb 8 2009, 09:54 AM) *
Maybe we should meet in Poland? I am offering pretty big scene with full backline and 6000 watt PA, 400 places auditorium. All available 20 hours per day smile.gif So?

Sounds awesome smile.gif
That means I can play around on the drums as well, would be cool smile.gif

I'm up for anything as long as it fits my schedule, so whatever you guys decide..

+Quote Post
Tolek
Feb 9 2009, 12:03 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Velvet Roger @ Feb 8 2009, 08:06 AM) *
I am crazy, you know that tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

Yes, I know. smile.gif We all are crazy. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Piotr Kaczor @ Feb 8 2009, 09:54 AM) *

Don´t be so kind. wink.gif We can organize something similiar in other countries, too, so let´s just see what the results of the other topic says. smile.gif

QUOTE (audiopaal @ Feb 8 2009, 05:01 PM) *
Sounds awesome smile.gif
That means I can play around on the drums as well, would be cool smile.gif

I'm up for anything as long as it fits my schedule, so whatever you guys decide..

Glad to have you here as well. smile.gif

Now, a maybe stupid question, but I think it is important to know:
What are your conditions of comfort for sleep?
a.) a bed
b.) a simple mat and a sleeping bag

(those conditions apply for 2-5 days maybe)

Please edit this answer in your post in the following topic: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=24339
Also, post the place you live and the places you are able to go to in the same topic, please.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 9 2009, 01:04 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Tolek @ Feb 9 2009, 12:03 AM) *
Yes, I know. smile.gif We all are crazy. biggrin.gif

Don´t be so kind. wink.gif We can organize something similiar in other countries, too, so let´s just see what the results of the other topic says. smile.gif

Glad to have you here as well. smile.gif

Now, a maybe stupid question, but I think it is important to know:
What are your conditions of comfort for sleep?
a.) a bed
b.) a simple mat and a sleeping bag

(those conditions apply for 2-5 days maybe)

Please edit this answer in your post in the following topic: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=24339
Also, post the place you live and the places you are able to go to in the same topic, please.

hmm really depends on who is the fan of the show smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 9 2009, 01:07 AM
Instructor
I do need one thing if I'm gonna come, room for smokers. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Tolek
Feb 9 2009, 03:34 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Feb 9 2009, 01:04 AM) *
hmm really depends on who is the fan of the show smile.gif

Sorry, I don´t get it. huh.gif

QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Feb 9 2009, 01:07 AM) *
I do need one thing if I'm gonna come, room for smokers. biggrin.gif

Should be no problem. biggrin.gif If you don´t mind, you can smoke outside as well as it will be warm, I think. wink.gif

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:09 PM