Backlit Keyboard?
Todd Simpson
Jun 10 2020, 03:09 AM
GMC:er
For those of us working in our dimly lit home studios, a back lit keyboard can be a really handy thing. I don't like to make music in a room that's lit up like a news room. I find it distracting. I like it to be a bit low key in terms of lighting. As a result, a regular keyboard, especially a black one, is hard to see! So a backlit board becomes a handy thing. I Found this one on Amazon for $16.99 with a backlit mouse. I use a track ball as I have carpal tunnel and HATE using a mouse as it makes my injuries worse. Quick tip, if you notice your arm hurting after a long practice, get a track ball and get used to using it. It will save your arm smile.gif Back in the day, these were pricey. Now they are almost giving them away.

QUESTION: ANYONE ELSE USE A BACKLIT KEYBOARD OR IS IT JUST ME?

Attached Image
Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 11 2020, 05:04 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 12 2020, 12:01 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
That's a great deal.

I rarely look at the keyboard when typing in general though. Many years ago I got fed up of typing out a letter in Word with two fingers and looking at the keyboard and then looking at the screen only to find it was all in capitals so I bought myself "Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing". Not saying I'm the quickest but I can type fairly quickly without looking at the keyboard. I have to look for some of the characters but that's about it. Mavis is a worthy investment and much is game play based. 15 minutes a day is all you need. wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 12 2020, 09:03 PM
It was a "lightning deal" on amazon so it was about half off the regular price. It's nice and bright so it's easy to see when the studio is dark which is handy smile.gif I"m a trained touch typist as well and can type at a very good clip. Even still, having a keyboard that you can see in a dark studio is very handy. I suggest back lit keyboards for anyone who works in a dimly lit creative work space. They are a God send smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 12 2020, 07:01 AM) *
That's a great deal.

I rarely look at the keyboard when typing in general though. Many years ago I got fed up of typing out a letter in Word with two fingers and looking at the keyboard and then looking at the screen only to find it was all in capitals so I bought myself "Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing". Not saying I'm the quickest but I can type fairly quickly without looking at the keyboard. I have to look for some of the characters but that's about it. Mavis is a worthy investment and much is game play based. 15 minutes a day is all you need. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 12 2020, 10:01 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I they can be good it you use keys to operate your daw, typing is fine when you've got your home keys but to have to hit a key to start /dp record etc a backlit is useful.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 12 2020, 09:03 PM) *
It was a "lightning deal" on amazon so it was about half off the regular price. It's nice and bright so it's easy to see when the studio is dark which is handy smile.gif I"m a trained touch typist as well and can type at a very good clip. Even still, having a keyboard that you can see in a dark studio is very handy. I suggest back lit keyboards for anyone who works in a dimly lit creative work space. They are a God send smile.gif

Todd

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 15 2020, 08:48 AM
Very handy indeed. Especially in a dimly lit room which is quite common for a creative space like a home studio.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 12 2020, 05:01 PM) *
I they can be good it you use keys to operate your daw, typing is fine when you've got your home keys but to have to hit a key to start /dp record etc a backlit is useful.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:43 AM